Hitting the Report button

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Earnest
udonmap.com

Hitting the Report button

Post by Earnest » September 18, 2022, 4:17 pm

Earnest wrote:
September 18, 2022, 3:59 pm
Hmm, winding people up then hitting the report button when they respond could be alot of fun. I never thought of that one. :-k
stattointhailand wrote:
September 18, 2022, 4:09 pm
Surely you are far above sinking to those levels :-"

Well, no, not really. I suppose Officer IC Udon Map might get tired of me pressing the 'report' button and have me marched into his office for a dressing down. Yet, I can see fun to be gained as there are some here who take their posts very seriously.

This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Hitting the Report button

Post by tamada » September 18, 2022, 4:48 pm

Compared with peak "cabin fever" season during covid lock downs, I consider that this forum and the membership are far more amenable and laid back. The time for the Report button was back then but nowadays I see more willingness to acquiesce and refrain from messenger shooting and ad hominem attacks. There was a lively to and fro about 16 mm wire and last wordism a few weeks back that started to veer off topic and got some old lurker's panties in a bunch but beyond that, it's almost pleasant here.

Note I said almost.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 18, 2022, 5:25 pm

I have not seen any examples of winding people up apart from myself, Tam, Earnest, noos, DM, dui, doodoo, Barney, trekkertony, Mr. P, Garnet, SPORT, stat's, sometimes woody and maybe a couple of others.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » September 18, 2022, 11:10 pm

747 and Desmond?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 19, 2022, 2:40 am

Earnest wrote:
September 18, 2022, 11:10 pm
747 and Desmond?
We must not lose sight of the contributions made by Izzix, the Mighty Chang, and don't forget Niggly who spawned Udon Talk and Udon Social. Texpat still makes his presence felt.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 19, 2022, 4:03 am

And Walter Mitty.

All of them.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » September 19, 2022, 5:00 am

Whistler, can you use a capital T please or l will hit the report button, just kidding.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » September 19, 2022, 5:18 am

tamada wrote:
September 19, 2022, 4:03 am
And Walter Mitty.
I'm still in the room, you know.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 19, 2022, 7:05 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
September 19, 2022, 2:40 am
Earnest wrote:
September 18, 2022, 11:10 pm
747 and Desmond?
We must not lose sight of the contributions made by Izzix, the Mighty Chang, and don't forget Niggly who spawned Udon Talk and Udon Social. Texpat still makes his presence felt.
I am sorry that your comment relating to Niggly spawning those Web Sites is erroneous . Udon Social was the Old Udon TAlk which he almost single handed managed to close down initially due to his cavalier attitude and sheer arrogance . Udon Social was what was left afterwards after renaming .

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 19, 2022, 9:47 am

trekkertony wrote:
September 19, 2022, 5:00 am
Whistler, can you use a capital T please or l will hit the report button, just kidding.
Sorry trekkerTony
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 19, 2022, 1:06 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
September 19, 2022, 7:05 am

I am sorry that your comment relating to Niggly spawning those Web Sites is erroneous . Udon Social was the Old Udon TAlk which he almost single handed managed to close down initially due to his cavalier attitude and sheer arrogance . Udon Social was what was left afterwards after renaming .
I was going to correct you with facts but everybody who knows what happened knows & I quite like you inferring I’m some sort of cyber mastermind. Cheers, it’s nice.

BTW don’t forget I’ve still got all your DMs pleading & begging “the Indian help desk” for help logging in. You even gave up your mothers maiden name & your first pets name far too easily to have fun
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » September 19, 2022, 1:31 pm

Niggly wrote:
September 19, 2022, 1:06 pm
Khun Paul wrote:

I was going to correct you with facts but everybody who knows what happened knows & I quite like you inferring I’m some sort of cyber mastermind. Cheers, it’s nice.

BTW don’t forget I’ve still got all your DMs pleading & begging “the Indian help desk” for help logging in. You even gave up your mothers maiden name & your first pets name far too easily to have fun
mmmm, and you were an administrator.... say no more.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 19, 2022, 1:35 pm

fatbob wrote:
September 19, 2022, 1:31 pm

mmmm, and you were an administrator.... say no more.
Nope, try again. I’m happy with 3 goes so X for first attempt

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 19, 2022, 1:36 pm

Niggly wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:

Oof! Looks like more than a Report button has just been pushed.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 19, 2022, 1:50 pm

Identity theft!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 19, 2022, 3:39 pm

Niggly wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:

I DO NOT CARE WHAT YOU Have and neither do most of us. I also have all the so-called comments you made which started the whole scenario of insults and other matters which brought the matters to a head. As for the truth, you will never want that out I am sure.
Nice to hear from you again, Now however not being able to delete at will anything you do not like and act as an ADMINISTRATOR , which you blatantly abused will certainly curtail your posts.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » September 19, 2022, 3:44 pm

Oh, I'm afraid Niggly and KP have a NAAFI brawl going on, can someone call the Orderly Officer?

Or hit the 'report' button?

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 19, 2022, 4:04 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
September 19, 2022, 3:39 pm
I DO NOT CARE WHAT YOU Have and neither do most of us. I also have all the so-called comments you made which started the whole scenario of insults and other matters which brought the matters to a head. As for the truth, you will never want that out I am sure.
Nice to hear from you again, Now however not being able to delete at will anything you do not like and act as an ADMINISTRATOR , which you blatantly abused will certainly curtail your posts.
Triggered 🫢

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 19, 2022, 4:08 pm

I can't say for sure, but I seem to recall many of the people who bailed on UM because of moderation saw the demise of alternative forums because of the lack of moderation.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » September 19, 2022, 4:11 pm

Niggly wrote:
September 19, 2022, 4:04 pm

Triggered 🫢
Yes, I'm afraid he will come after you like an Arsenal skinhead at a Highfield Road game. I can distract him while you escape through the toilet window if you like. Maybe you could come back later and try my quiz game.

Has anyone hit the 'report' button yet?

Return to “Open Forum”