Electrical question

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Barney
udonmap.com

Electrical question

Post by Barney » September 3, 2022, 6:22 pm

DM
Not sure what you ended up doing with size of meter and cable. I’m sure you were able to separate the advice for your needs.

We just had a new supply installed on a property.
The pole was purchased and placed on our land plus cable installed across the road was 10,000 baht. Installed by moonlighting PEA guys using the auger and crane truck. As per photos.
Will apply to PEA for a 30/100 meter in the future. And they will officially connect to main overhead and meter later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk by

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Electrical question

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 3, 2022, 9:16 pm

I already got a postv 4m.grom.hoouse 5555 .. but alls well 16mm.all ok.anymore n may be encourting te wraith of mi nieghbours ..excuse tbe spelling im.pissed as a fart
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 3, 2022, 9:22 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 3, 2022, 9:16 pm
I already got a postv 4m.grom.hoouse 5555 .. but alls well 16mm.all ok.anymore n may be encourting te wraith of mi nieghbours ..excuse tbe spelling im.pissed as a fart
Scunthorpe IDIOT !!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 3, 2022, 9:23 pm

m a fart..........We All Know That.....

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 6, 2022, 7:17 pm

ignoring the senile lilac windlicka from Nong Khai ..heres an update

Time to buy the mains leccy cable ..

2 Brands Twc and Bcc ..Bcc being the better quality SO THEY SAY.

Full rolls are cheaper but gotta buy the full 100m .. when need less they charge more per meter ..below.

TWC .. 16mm 48 bt per meter/ 25 mm 77bt
BCC .. 16mm 68 bt and 25 mm / 104 bt

seems most have commented the 16mm is perfectly adequate but bearing in mind im looking at only needing 25 to 30m max its doesnt make a lot of difference re the price .. so my question still remains having kicked 10mm into touch is it 16 or 25 mm ..

anymore info n advice welcome ..

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 7, 2022, 6:27 am

Tossing n turning all neet as its D day today and still not made mi mind up ..16 or 25 mm ??? ..

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 7, 2022, 7:07 am

If you need us to help you make a decision, you are NOT the man I thought you were. Go with your gut feeling and stop being a pansy !!

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » September 7, 2022, 7:48 am

Live there from now on or flip it is what you are asking.

If you plan to live there and want room for expansion of your appliances (e.g. extra ovens, welders, heat guns, lot next door sub panel, more A/C more freezers, water filtration, yadda yadda) then it makes sense to plan for it.

If you will be selling this one to build the next, plan that way and save the cashola (albeit just a small amount of savings IMHO).

The good sparky I used in the past recommended BCC.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » September 7, 2022, 8:34 am

25 mm2.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 7, 2022, 5:10 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
September 7, 2022, 7:07 am
If you need us to help you make a decision, you are NOT the man I thought you were. Go with your gut feeling and stop being a pansy !!
Thanks fir your imput KP .. it means alot knowing you care...you will ve overjoyed to hear i bought the said cabke today BCC ..Bangkok Cable Co .. 16 mm x 30m ..@ 68 bt per meter 2040 bt .. this based on a few factors including very short meter to house run , other houses in the area plus the very helpful PEA guy coming and advising 16mm .is fine ..oh and also 2 places i went did not have the BCC 25mm only the cheaper thinner coated TWC brand ..

Not being a sparky and the builder trying to swing me into.10 mm ...hence my question in the first place .. i thank all you.contributed to this thread which can now be put to bed .

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 7, 2022, 5:15 pm

Potamoi wrote:
September 7, 2022, 7:48 am

If you plan to live there and want room for expansion of your appliances (e.g. extra ovens, welders, heat guns, lot next door sub panel, more A/C more freezers, water filtration, yadda yadda) then it makes sense to plan for it.

If you will be selling this one to build the next, plan that way and save the cashola (albeit just a small amount of savings IMHO).

Planning to.live there mr Potty .. but never say never if sone one rocks up.with a pocket full.of doe i may just be tempted AT THE RIGHT PRICE. .. you should come round for a look , btw its cash no cheques ok ..

DM

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » September 10, 2022, 4:56 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
September 7, 2022, 7:07 am
Design engineers all over the world dispensing with matching specification and going with their gut feelings lest others think of them as pansies. :lol:
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 11, 2022, 10:39 am

I was always told Earnest, whatever the design says, always add 25% as a safety factor, initially maybe a tad more expensive but over the years saves thousands .

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 11, 2022, 10:46 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 7, 2022, 5:15 pm
Potamoi wrote:

Planning to.live there mr Potty .. but never say never if sone one rocks up.with a pocket full.of doe i may just be tempted AT THE RIGHT PRICE. .. you should come round for a look , btw its cash no cheques ok ..

DM
You just worried about the kick in the nuts you volunteered for

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 11, 2022, 11:33 am

noosard wrote:
September 11, 2022, 10:46 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 7, 2022, 5:15 pm
Potamoi wrote:

DM
You just worried about the kick in the nuts you volunteered for
Scunny blokes have a thick hard shell on their nuts Noos .. it would take a huge direct hit wearing steel toe capped boots to force the slightest hint of a wince... they also pride themselves in their appearance always going out respectfully manicured and dressed nicely.. with sleeves !!
btw ..NO for sale sign ............YET

BOT .. Tesaban guy came round to inspect and informed 16mm leccy mains is ok ... commenting 10mm to 25 mm is the norm for a normal residential property in or near the city... (no so out in the jungle boonnies)

DM

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 11, 2022, 11:43 am

Denny is waiting the return of his rags you wear

Return to “Open Forum”