My "COVID Pneumonia" Recovery

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: My "COVID Pneumonia" Recovery

Post by tamada » October 16, 2022, 8:42 pm

Without vaccines, the mortality rate would be still be high, especially in the high-risk demographic of the aged and immuno-deficient. Natural immunity born of a healthy immune system augmented by social distancing and enhanced hygiene measures alone would not have enabled the global reopening that we've witnessed over the past 12 months.

In a nutshell, the vaccines worked.

That's why some have the bonus of not having to wear a mask while shopping, traveling and socializing (while still complaining about those that still do).

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 16, 2022, 9:05 pm

Fatbob, like most conspiracy theorists chose to take in information that supports their predetermined bias.

I would suggest that universities, research bodies, scientific organisations, hospitals, UN agencies etc that are acknowledged by 98% plus of people are more likely to be on the money than the 2% of nutters. Or is it 1%? They ignore published facts in favour of distorted opinions from a tiny, tiny minority. The gutter press like News Limited have tapped into this disaffected minority to feed their dwindling readership.

Not sure what drives these people, but rational thought is certainly not a factor.

Damn they are noisy making the the saying true 'empty vessels make the most noise' a truism.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » October 16, 2022, 10:31 pm

Certainly current data on infectuon rates in the UK do seem to suggest that the vaccines do little to prevent infection - at any one time over a million are infected. Just these days not many severely ill. In my case Covid ripped through our household in a 2 week period, only my son was not affected (he could have juzt been asymptomatic, and had got a booster only a monrh before).

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 17, 2022, 12:06 am

Rick.

Omicron seems to be ignoring vaccine protection more than delta.

My own family got omicron despite vaccine, thankfully symptoms were not as severe, but two family members had long covid.

I thing pre omicron and post omicron were different experiences
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 17, 2022, 7:33 am

Well in Thailand the DDC are monitoring 8 provinces regarding Covid and Udon Thani is one of them. Many can crow about NOT wearing masks and that attitude I think is utterly ridiculous and stupid, however those that THINK they are immune , go for it.
I watch the local population they might be stupid regarding wearing motorcycle helmets and kids on motorbikes but being hypocondriacs ( most of them are ) their caution regarding masks is to be applauded

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » October 17, 2022, 10:44 am

Whistler wrote:
October 16, 2022, 9:05 pm
Fatbob, like most conspiracy theorists chose to take in information that supports their predetermined bias.

I would suggest that universities, research bodies, scientific organisations, hospitals, UN agencies etc that are acknowledged by 98% plus of people are more likely to be on the money than the 2% of nutters. Or is it 1%? They ignore published facts in favour of distorted opinions from a tiny, tiny minority. The gutter press like News Limited have tapped into this disaffected minority to feed their dwindling readership.

Not sure what drives these people, but rational thought is certainly not a factor.

Damn they are noisy making the the saying true 'empty vessels make the most noise' a truism.
And why are you the loudest and most consistant poster preaching your views, continuously??? All I posted was an article with a confession from a Phizer CEO which made a mockery of and the about face from Aus politicians, you can word it how ever you like whistles...

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 17, 2022, 11:17 am

Bob,

You have made a number of statements on this and other threads, so let's start with the so-called 'confession'. A confession is when somebody admits to wrongdoing or a lie. The statement by the Pfizer exec was not a confession as Pfizer never claimed it stopped transmission, it was a simple statement of fact that has been distorted.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-p ... 0413863226

Then you say masks don't work, that means the World Health Organisation, John Hopkins University, The Lancet, and the New England medical journal, alongside a host of other prestigious experts in epidemiology are all wrong. That statement also flies in the face of the real world experience where high compliance on mask wearing and high levels of vaccine adoption has proven to be effective, those countries like Sweden and Brazil demonstrated what happens when mask mandates were not in force.

Then you stated that the world is being run by big business, none of these expert bodies are funded by big business, they are truly independent.

You also stated that vaccines were untested and experimental, which is also factually wrong, I have already posted a link proving this.

If I am a frequent poster on these issues, knocking down demonstrably false stories, no apologies. The post truth world is becoming a more and more dangerous place. We should all speak up about this.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 17, 2022, 11:53 am

Khun Paul wrote:
October 17, 2022, 7:33 am
Well in Thailand the DDC are monitoring 8 provinces regarding Covid and Udon Thani is one of them. Many can crow about NOT wearing masks and that attitude I think is utterly ridiculous and stupid, however those that THINK they are immune , go for it.
I watch the local population they might be stupid regarding wearing motorcycle helmets and kids on motorbikes but being hypocondriacs ( most of them are ) their caution regarding masks is to be applauded
There's only one thing worse than an anti-masker telling everyone they're idiots and it's a mask proselytiser telling everyone they're idiots.

Make your own choice(s) but please keep quiet.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » October 17, 2022, 1:17 pm

Whistler wrote:
October 17, 2022, 11:17 am
Bob,

You have made a number of statements on this and other threads, so let's start with the so-called 'confession'. A confession is when somebody admits to wrongdoing or a lie. The statement by the Pfizer exec was not a confession as Pfizer never claimed it stopped transmission, it was a simple statement of fact that has been distorted.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-p ... 0413863226

Then you say masks don't work, that means the World Health Organisation, John Hopkins University, The Lancet, and the New England medical journal, alongside a host of other prestigious experts in epidemiology are all wrong. That statement also flies in the face of the real world experience where high compliance on mask wearing and high levels of vaccine adoption has proven to be effective, those countries like Sweden and Brazil demonstrated what happens when mask mandates were not in force.

Then you stated that the world is being run by big business, none of these expert bodies are funded by big business, they are truly independent.

You also stated that vaccines were untested and experimental, which is also factually wrong, I have already posted a link proving this.

If I am a frequent poster on these issues, knocking down demonstrably false stories, no apologies. The post truth world is becoming a more and more dangerous place. We should all speak up about this.
Just a bit of fact checking, I am familiar with The Lancet so I pulled this one as an example, just a quick Google Tell's me it's owned by Elsevier, RLEX, massive business turnovers.
If these squeaky clean entities are not businesses then I would suggest they are government funded. Does anyone trust a politician these days?
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 17, 2022, 2:02 pm

You are correct about elsevier, they are a centuries old publishing house. They do not fund the research but publish scientific papers as a part of a very broad range of other types of publications. The research comes from academic and scientific bodies.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » October 17, 2022, 2:06 pm

Whistler wrote:
October 17, 2022, 2:02 pm
You are correct about elsevier, they are a centuries old publishing house. They do not fund the research but publish scientific papers as a part of a very broad range of other types of publications. The research comes from academic and scientific bodies.
Funded by who?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 17, 2022, 2:18 pm

tamada wrote:
October 17, 2022, 11:53 am
Khun Paul wrote:
There's only one thing worse than an anti-masker telling everyone they're idiots and it's a mask proselytiser telling everyone they're idiots.

The chpoice is entirely ypours, I tell no-one to wear or not wear, maybe that is your lack of understanding ENGLISH. I just think that if the locals wear in crowded placs and malls etc, we should follow suit, some ANTI maskers will look silly in a hospital bed if they are wrong .
PS : I will say what I like when I like and no-one will tell me when and where as long as I am polite . Take note Tamada !!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 17, 2022, 2:37 pm

fatbob wrote:
October 17, 2022, 2:06 pm
Whistler wrote:
October 17, 2022, 2:02 pm
Funded by who?
I agree that they are a private company, my previous post was incorrect on the ownership.

They are a clearing house, not a research organisation. The model Elselvier delivers is for research organisations to produce content that is peer reviewed and allow subscribers to purchase those research papers. The research articles they publish are importantly peer reviewed and not reviewed by Elsevier staff.

Elsevier journals offer the latest peer-reviewed research papers on climate change, biodiversity, renewable energy and other topics addressing our planet’s climate emergency.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 17, 2022, 6:24 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
October 17, 2022, 2:18 pm
tamada wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:

The chpoice is entirely ypours, I tell no-one to wear or not wear, maybe that is your lack of understanding ENGLISH. I just think that if the locals wear in crowded placs and malls etc, we should follow suit, some ANTI maskers will look silly in a hospital bed if they are wrong .
PS : I will say what I like when I like and no-one will tell me when and where as long as I am polite . Take note Tamada !!
So calling people ridiculous and stupid for exercising their free will and not wearing a mask is you being polite?
(Rhetorical)

Talk about crowing.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 17, 2022, 9:37 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
some ANTI maskers will look silly in a hospital bed if they are wrong .
That is only too true. Regrettably for them there are a number of antivaxers who have broadcast their immense regret in the choices they made (from the ICUs) and desire for the protection provided. Some of these did not survive. My opinion of the choice made coincides their own, stupid.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 19, 2022, 12:13 pm

tamada wrote:
October 17, 2022, 6:24 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
tamada wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:

So calling people ridiculous and stupid for exercising their free will and not wearing a mask is you being polite?
(Rhetorical)

Talk about crowing.
Again for some reason we are at odds. You ever so righteous indignation at possibly being called stupid as against what for many is plain common-sense. You carry on Tam, fill your boots, sound yopur trumpet, do what the hell you want when you want , I care little for you or your health, sadly Covid and is variant does not affect your fingers . Not to worry we all wait for the next episode of the Dead men Walkling featuring thousands of Anti Vaxers and Anti maskers !!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 19, 2022, 2:14 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
October 19, 2022, 12:13 pm
tamada wrote:
October 17, 2022, 6:24 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
tamada wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:

(Rhetorical)

Talk about crowing.
Again for some reason we are at odds. You ever so righteous indignation at possibly being called stupid as against what for many is plain common-sense. You carry on Tam, fill your boots, sound yopur trumpet, do what the hell you want when you want , I care little for you or your health, sadly Covid and is variant does not affect your fingers . Not to worry we all wait for the next episode of the Dead men Walkling featuring thousands of Anti Vaxers and Anti maskers !!
No Paul. You've got it arse about tit. YOU are the one at odds with everyone else including wishing them ill health and worse (except your beloved cabinet maker of course who you let read your posts).

I'm hurting from laughing so hard so can you please stop it now?

Ta
tam
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 19, 2022, 3:38 pm

You think whatever, it seems amazing to me that a SIMPLE QUESTION as to what a person wishes constructed can offer up vitriol and insults . When logially the answer would solve the problem. He did NOT read the forum rather had it explained to him as he was mildly interested in doing the work, but not now and certainly I would not pass his name to anyone on THIS forum. he only works for people he likes and his last comment was that he did not like you . karma strikes ....hahaha`

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 19, 2022, 3:46 pm

But...I had no urgent need for carpentry or cabinet making or YOUR vitriol and insults. With an "agent" like you, who needs enemies. If he exists, I can imagine him hanging on your every word with wide-eyed, slack-jawed awe.

ROFLMAO

Now, can you help me get up off the floor? I think I've wet myself.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 19, 2022, 5:57 pm

Funnily enough your comments proves that for many this forum instead of helping people is here for complete A-*oles to make ridiculous comments and then expect the rest of us to find it funny .

PS No-one I know if a tradesman will ever be recommended to anyone on this forum as the back biting and the verbal assaults if it did not go right would make WW11 seem like a picnic.

Return to “Open Forum”