My "COVID Pneumonia" Recovery

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: My "COVID Pneumonia" Recovery

Post by Khun Paul » October 20, 2022, 6:33 am

A salutory warning and info from the BBC with a note, to NOT panic
:
The mutant strain — called XBB — has accumulated mutations which scientists fear make it harder for the body to spot.

It has been blamed for Singapore's infection numbers doubling in the past fortnight, sparking concerns that similar chaos could unfold in the UK.

One XBB case has already been detected in Britain, though scientists believe actual rates will be higher because testing levels are much lower now than during earlier in the pandemic.

But experts told MailOnline that there are no 'good reasons to be fearful', even though Covid rates are already shooting up without the strain having a big hold.

Professor David Livermore, a microbiologist at the University of East Anglia, said the strain appears to be 'no more dangerous' than previous Omicron variants, which are milder.

Britain already has sky-high immunity levels against the parent strain because of its mammoth vaccination campaign and repeated waves of infection over the past two-and-a-half years.

Singapore has brought forward its autumn booster rollout in response to the XBB-fuelled surge.

But they said people infected with the strain are not more likely to be severely unwell or die from Covid.

And there are early signals the strain is already plateauing in Singapore, according to Professor Paul Hunter, an epidemiologist at the University of East Anglia.

If that was the case, Professor Hunter said that would mean the UK may 'not see too many problems from this variant'.

But one expert said the emergence of the highly mutated variant should act as 'wake-up call' that Covid 'can't be ignored' and to protect the most vulnerable.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 20, 2022, 11:10 am

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » October 22, 2022, 8:21 am

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 22, 2022, 9:55 am

And this effects Thailand HOW ????????????????????????

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 22, 2022, 11:58 am

Khun Paul wrote:
October 22, 2022, 9:55 am
KP, every Australian expat in Thailand who wished to take a trip home was effectively blocked from visiting. Restricted daily passenger numbers, very high flight costs, high quarantine costs, state border closures etc

Many, many of us in Thailand were impacted by the draconian restrictions
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 22, 2022, 12:10 pm

I am sure there will be numerous future enquiries - official and otherwise - into the handling of the Covid pandemic at all levels.

Mistakes were undoubtedly made, but there really wasn't a guidebook, was there?

So long as lessons are learned from the mistakes and the many things done right, the world will be far better prepared for the next pandemic.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 22, 2022, 12:26 pm

Biggest mistake by Morrison was abuse of power over International movements for Australian citizens. Fascist power hungry *****.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 22, 2022, 1:56 pm

Whistler wrote:
October 22, 2022, 11:58 am
Khun Paul wrote:
October 22, 2022, 9:55 am
KP, every Australian expat in Thailand who wished to take a trip home was effectively blocked from visiting. Restricted daily passenger numbers, very high flight costs, high quarantine costs, state border closures etc

Many, many of us in Thailand were impacted by the draconian restrictions
Same for us all worldwide, one had to accept the situation it was as they say a one off, the world was NOT ready and it is SO EASY to point fingers after the event , and that shows that people will complain about anything and everything.
Had a relative of yours died if NO restrictions were put in place you would be moaning about that I expect.

You like myself saw the horrendous situations televised from Hospitals and worried about the outcome, no-one wants to think of being ill, watching yourself die and being ALONE as well .
Whatever the precautions that eere taken rightly or wrongly there is O DOUBT it saved many lives against that you have those that complain and I bet they would be the first ion a queue if they were ill from COVID expecting the Govt to do something.
So when they do they then complain. Hypocrites the lot of them , i can rest easy at night KNOWING I did my best not to cause any more suffering than there was to anyone . Those who were impacted , give thanks that you are still alive to be upset over the impact and get on with life and stop friggin MOANING !!!

While your about it please go and say to the families of those who died, sorry about your loss , I was impacted as I could not travel/ Listen to the replies, but none of the moaners would ever have the guts to say that would you. keyboard hypocrites the lot of you

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 22, 2022, 2:01 pm

Whistler wrote:
October 22, 2022, 12:26 pm
Biggest mistake by Morrison was abuse of power over International movements for Australian citizens. Fascist power hungry *****.
I thought the fascist, power-hungry ***** was the Vic premier, no? Looking at Sky News (downundah) he still is.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 22, 2022, 3:04 pm

Just to clear things up - neither of them are fascist by any definition, and to suggest they are is a bit silly.

But it doesn't surprise me that Sky News would think so. :confused:

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 22, 2022, 3:23 pm

Morrison was a mini fascist IMHO.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 9, 2024, 12:51 pm

Well this may upset (but probably not change) the thinking of our gullible true believers and pure bloods if it confirmed.
Deaths induced by compassionate use of hydroxychloroquine during the first COVID-19 wave: an estimate

Highlights

- Hydroxychloroquine was prescribed in hospitalised patients with Covid-19 despite of the low-level evidence.

- Subsequently, HCQ use was associated with an 11% increase in the mortality rate in a meta-analysis of randomized trials.

- The number of hydroxychloroquine related deaths in hospitalised patients is estimated at 16,990 in six countries.

- These findings illustrate the hazard of drug repurposing with low-level evidence for the management of future pandemics.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 222301853X

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 9, 2024, 3:15 pm

That's it decided then. No more horse liniment for me!
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 9, 2024, 3:34 pm

Covid and ALL its variations is here to stay, like Influenza, MUTATES and changes. restrictions on movement was to my mind a knee jerk reaction but it seemed to work , millions internationally affected, many unable to see loved ones before they passed.
BUT what has it taught us, Our personal hygiene was unacceptable verging on stupidity. Hopefully we NO LONGER assume everywhere with loads of people milling about is safe. We are more careful in not only what we consume but also more aware of where it came from.
Many of our pre-conceived ideas about living were dealt a serious reality blow , but most have adapted hopefully for the better.
So mankind was given a wake-up call some still think it was a hoax, or manufactured with the intent of causing harm to others intentionally and have refused any Vaccines even going sop far as to refuse vaccines for almost anything and NOW because of this age old illnesses are re-emerging Ricketts, TB, Polio, Scarlet Fever to name a few. I am amazed at just how STUPID some in the human race are putting possibly millions at risk.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 9, 2024, 8:26 pm

That's pretty scary, KP.

Can you update us on those new vaccines for rickets and scarlet fever?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 11, 2024, 7:49 am

jackspratt wrote:
January 9, 2024, 8:26 pm
That's pretty scary, KP.

Can you update us on those new vaccines for rickets and scarlet fever?
I re4port on the news, NOT being a Medical Professional, I am unaware of vaccines for those mentioned, however I am sure a brief search will outline what they are and how to avoid them will prove interesting, and that search I am not inlclined to do but I AM sure you can if you so wish.

Truth is as far as I can see it, massive movement of people from countries that do not benefit from the Western style health provisions regarding many illnesses are now arriving with these illnesse2s and also many people who feel that here has not been a problem for decades, now feel able to deny ever having vaccinations for their children and the previously border between us is broken so now Natives of countries previously able to robustly repel these illnesses are now losing that fight.
The shame is on the idiotic, ignorant people who think that they can manage without vaccinations . The diseases are just witing for man to do just that !!

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » January 11, 2024, 9:40 am

I hope this helps,

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/heal ... 50085.html

So no, there are no vaccines available.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » January 13, 2024, 8:21 am

Rickets isn't an infectious disease, it is a vitamin D deficiency. So there isn't a vaccine.

Return to “Open Forum”