climate change

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: climate change

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 26, 2023, 9:17 am

noosard wrote:
January 26, 2023, 9:00 am
porridge-recipe.jpg
plastic spoons will be banned
wooden spoon open for invention DM
Chopping down trees to make wooden spoons is simply not an option Nooz .. my invention though manufactured from recycled plastic was obtained free and without damaging the environment .. cos the pretty young lassie in Lotus said so.

Trials have begun and skinless porridge in the cool season could well be a thing consigned to the history books, now a question ...is there a patent office in Udon where i can register my new recycled non metallic anti porridge skinning device from now on to be known as .. FREE PLASTIC SPOON .

DM .. saving the world !! protecting our porridge

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 26, 2023, 9:23 am

Recycled? Are they fire proof? Some plastics are hazardous

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... -recycling
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 26, 2023, 9:39 am

Whistler wrote:
January 26, 2023, 9:23 am
Recycled? Are they fire proof? Some plastics are hazardous

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... -recycling
Yes .. as a disclaimer that comes with the all new free plastic spoon device it clearly states "" this spoon contains non combustable fire proof particles, in case of failure and fire use water to exstinguish or throw it out the nearest OPEN window.

Ive covered everything whizzy .. and i can see this new spoon invention going the same way as my previous ... Knife Fork and plastic Chop Stix inventions.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 26, 2023, 9:53 am

You invented the Kforchop? Impressed
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 26, 2023, 5:29 pm

Bump
Whistler wrote:
January 26, 2023, 7:52 am
What part is BS?

You might be skeptical about wiki, but if you have another sources please quote it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Economic_Forum

I have read different reports that range from 71,000 to 100,000. Please note that ticket is 19 000 but membership per year is 52000.

Now that is just the basic cost the real value is attending industry sessions where the cost to attend soars to as much as 263,000.

So tell me again what part of my post is BS

https://dealbook.nytimes.com/2011/01/24 ... -to-davos/

https://www.businessinsider.com/costs-of-davos-2011-1

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 27, 2023, 6:58 am

Private planes are up to 14 times more polluting, per passenger, than commercial planes and 50 times more polluting than trains, according to a report by Transport & Environment, a European clean transport campaign organisation.

“A private jet is the most polluting form of transport you can take,” says Matt Finch, the UK policy manager for Transport & Environment. “The average private jet emits two tonnes of carbon an hour. The average European is responsible for [emitting] eight tonnes of carbon a year.

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » January 27, 2023, 8:58 am

Not to worry Mr Noo's, according to the latest UK Prime Minister we are all gonna be "levelled up" and we can join the club, Looking forward to collecting my new Bombardier Global 8000 and my new Bentley some time soon.
We can all go about polluting the planet under the guise that we really care.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 27, 2023, 10:24 am

Thats the go

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 27, 2023, 11:03 am

All well and good. However I note a few things, the only posts about Davos on this site, apart from my own, were simply negative or pivoted away from refuted facts. 100% negative, that says a lot about posters on this forum.

KP was awfully fast to post what I said was BS, but when provided links to show what I stated was correct, lacks the decency to acknowledge that he was talking out of his posterior.

Also note that fatbob does similar

Also note that trekkertony posts no statdecs

Also note that noo similarly does not respond when proven wrong.

What a bunch of losers on this site.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 27, 2023, 12:41 pm

As usual the clown consultant only abuses others

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » January 27, 2023, 1:58 pm

Hey whittler, how come I did not receive a mention. Oh thats right sport did not comment on this rubbish meeting.

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » January 27, 2023, 4:43 pm

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
January 27, 2023, 8:58 am
Not to worry Mr Noo's, according to the latest UK Prime Minister we are all gonna be "levelled up" and we can join the club, Looking forward to collecting my new Bombardier Global 8000 and my new Bentley some time soon.
We can all go about polluting the planet under the guise that we really care.
Meanwhile I'll keep burning my plastic rubbish to keep up to speed with my carbon footprint.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » January 27, 2023, 8:16 pm

I have planted some 200 tress at my place, to offset the weekly BBQ, whilst sitting down to a "Piece of History", some nice lamb chops and or rib eye on the barbie.

Occasionally, I use prawns which I believe are more carbon neutral, I think. :-k Not to mention that glass or two or three or four of Red. It has to a South African Red (from the Stellenbosch region), off course, because its from the "Rainbow Nation". My part towards inclusivity and diversity and humanity. =;

My calculations tell me that the carbon credits (per week) for my 2 trees equate to one lamb chop and those for 6 trees equate to a nice size rib eye, on the barbie. So I have enough CC's (no it doesn't mean Cancel Culture) for around 100 lamb chops or 33 1/3 rib eyes, to feed a small mass gathering, within the Law off course. :fryingpan:

"No plastic bags or wooden spoons are involved, just fingers to eat with, like the one I grew up with below,

BBN.jpg

WGAFF :wave: :guiness: \:D/ :lol: \:D/

Proud to be a Baby Boomer, one of many who left a small "Footprint in the Sand", to add to those of our "Forefathers" back in 1788 on 26th January =D> =D> =D>

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 27, 2023, 8:45 pm

That's very bold of you to post your photo on the Map, pipo. :D

ps good luck with the red meat intake.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » January 27, 2023, 9:09 pm

jackspratt wrote:
January 27, 2023, 8:45 pm
That's very bold of you to post your photo on the Map, pipo. :D

ps good luck with the red meat intake.
JS, she actually looks better than me \:D/

pipoz4444

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 27, 2023, 9:55 pm

I think your 200 trees x 2 credits each would have run out sometime in 2019 due to excessive amounts of Barbies and far too much red wine.
Carbon police will visit next week to calculate how many more trees you need to plant before you are allowed another BBQ or glass of red

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » January 27, 2023, 10:39 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
January 27, 2023, 9:55 pm
I think your 200 trees x 2 credits each would have run out sometime in 2019 due to excessive amounts of Barbies and far too much red wine.
Carbon police will visit next week to calculate how many more trees you need to plant before you are allowed another BBQ or glass of red
The idea was that the trees will grow and the canopies would spread, so the ratio for carbon credit of the trees to that of the BBQ spoils, gets better over time. :-k If the trees don't grow as well as they should, I will just drop of a guest of two, those who eat and drink too much, to restore the environmental equation balance. \:D/ \:D/

I will just digress a bit: Or I could just give Australian wines to the guests (most have no real tases of wines), whilst I continue to drink the South African wines. Given the South African wines are far more superior to the Australian reds of their equivalent value/cost. It often amazes me that South African farming and winery products are so underrated for what they cost overseas compared to those from Australia.

It makes you wonder why Australia's products are so expensive overseas, compared to those of their southern hemisphere neighbor. :drunk:

pipoz4444

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » January 30, 2023, 11:45 am

Another take on the subject:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63KXfwC9BdU

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 30, 2023, 4:04 pm

When you have nearly a thirfd of the entire population of the word in two countries which by their demographics are probably the worst polluters , then a few trees here and there will not really change the world. The destruction of the Amazon Rain Forest is a problem, hailed as the lungs of the earth when I was born, that sadly is no longer true `.

We must each of us in our own way do as much as we can to mitigate the impact on the earth , cutting wasteful usage , becoming more conscious of the problems if we can . Then at least as we shuffle off this mortal coil we can at least say we tried

In fact if we study history we see that the inception of the Industrial revolution creating bigger and better etc, was the beginning of the end, coupled with TWO incredibly damaging and wasteful wars in terms of resources and life also hastened us to the situation we are now in,,creating bigger and better ways of destruction thereby speeding up our mutual destruction, not by wars but by exhausting all resources we have become so used to using , destroying previously untouched locations to replenish said resources.

We might be the top of the evolutionary tree , but we are the stupidest in terms of continual existence ,

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 30, 2023, 6:22 pm

Bleak.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Return to “Open Forum”