Ask me why I love Planned Parenthood

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Giggle
udonmap.com

Ask me why I love Planned Parenthood

Post by Giggle » April 14, 2022, 7:45 pm

Please post your questions here. :D

Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Re: Ask me why I love Planned Parenthood

Post by marjamlew » April 16, 2022, 11:36 am

Hongtong or Sangsom?
Attachments
small_sangsom-superior-5-year.png
small_sangsom-superior-5-year.png (6.47 KiB) Viewed 1332 times
front_fr.8.400.jpg
front_fr.8.400.jpg (22.95 KiB) Viewed 1332 times
Watch Me!!

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 20, 2022, 1:52 am

Giggle wrote:
April 14, 2022, 7:45 pm
Please post your questions here. :D
Why do you love Planned Parenthood? Are you kicking off about another American culture war?
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » May 12, 2022, 12:20 pm

PP's founder, Margaret Sanger, was a lovely lady. Truly embodied the spirit and ideology of the Compassionate Left.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 13, 2022, 1:02 am

I'd never heard of her. It seems to me some of her ideas would appeal to conservatives? She was against abortion, opposed censorship and wanted restricted immigration. I thought you might like her ideas on eugenics. Wiki:
Sanger's view of eugenics was influenced by Havelock Ellis and other British eugenicists,[117] including H.G. Wells, with whom she formed a close, lasting friendship.[118] She did not speak specifically to the idea of race or ethnicity being determining factors and "although Sanger articulated birth control in terms of racial betterment and, like most old-stock Americans, supported restricted immigration, she always defined fitness in individual rather than racial terms."[119][23]: 195–6  Instead, she stressed limiting the number of births to live within one's economic ability to raise and support healthy children. This would lead to a betterment of society and the human race.[120] Sanger's view put her at odds with leading American eugenicists, such as Charles Davenport, who took a racist view of inherited traits. In A History of the Birth Control Movement in America, Engelman also noted that "Sanger quite effortlessly looked the other way when others spouted racist speech. She had no reservations about relying on flawed and overtly racist works to serve her own propaganda needs."[121]

In "The Morality of Birth Control", a 1921 speech, she divided society into three groups: the "educated and informed" class that regulated the size of their families, the "intelligent and responsible" who desired to control their families in spite of lacking the means or the knowledge, and the "irresponsible and reckless people" whose religious scruples "prevent their exercising control over their numbers". Sanger concludes, "There is no doubt in the minds of all thinking people that the procreation of this group should be stopped."[122]
This is 100 years ago. We've still not solved the problem of irresponsible and unsuitable people becoming parents.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Return to “Open Forum”