Plane breaks in two

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Plane breaks in two

Post by stattointhailand » April 9, 2022, 2:55 pm

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Re: Plane breaks in two

Post by pepesgrill » April 10, 2022, 6:58 pm

earnest ? is that some kind of safety feature where they snap in half like that ? im not overly
confident with these boeing products. a bit dodgy

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 10, 2022, 7:25 pm

I think its a new emergency safety system to take the place of those big chutes that they had to do away with coz of environmental issues with the plastics

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » April 11, 2022, 4:00 am

boeing 757 1st manufactured around 1980 so

these airframes potentially 40 yrs old already
sold on , traded , questionable service history

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » April 12, 2022, 6:20 pm

pepesgrill wrote:
April 10, 2022, 6:58 pm
earnest ? is that some kind of safety feature where they snap in half like that ? im not overly
confident with these boeing products. a bit dodgy
Who would you feel comfortable flying with?

I'm thinking Blackburn, English Electric, Boulton Paul?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 12, 2022, 6:39 pm

pepesgrill wrote:
April 11, 2022, 4:00 am
boeing 757 1st manufactured around 1980 so

these airframes potentially 40 yrs old already
sold on , traded , questionable service history
pepesgrill had a dream last night that he was a famous airfart engineer, delusions of grandeur on every topic. He was trying to convonce DHL to retire their older fleet of 757's. "they will break in two and be strewn all over the tarmac' he exclaimed.

He started dreaming after he had returned from his nightly visit with the katoys-in-the-park late at night, he parked his 3.5HP Honda. When he awoke, his bedframe had collapsed, the matress was in a wierd V shape, he smelt something, the familiar odour that is the basic ingredient of 'full-of-it'. Nose sadly very close to his derrierre.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » April 12, 2022, 7:24 pm

Airframes crack for sure. Measure the propagation at every After Flight maintenance or stop drill it. Maybe consider NDT. Seek advice from your Boeing support team.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 12, 2022, 7:33 pm

Earnest wrote:
April 12, 2022, 7:24 pm
Airframes crack for sure. Measure the propagation at every After Flight maintenance or stop drill it. Maybe consider NDT. Seek advice from your Boeing support team.
Thank you Mr E. I have zero expertise on this subject. Never had a crack at metal fatigue apart from observing Margaret Thatcher who as the 'Iron Maiden' whould have had to suffered a bit of this 55.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 12, 2022, 8:07 pm

The airplane had impaired hydraulic systems so maybe had no braking or steering and went "off piste". Not surprised it broke up with all those unconventional stresses and strains that it wasn't designed for.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » April 12, 2022, 8:44 pm

Yeah, looks like it slid off down a slope and broke in half as a result. Aviation Safety Network says the same. I guess a 757 has three hyd systems on it? Quite unfortunate.

https://aviation-safety.net/database/re ... 20220407-0

Right, I need a tractor driver to pull the next 'plane out of the hangar, get your safety boots on, Cali!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 12, 2022, 9:08 pm

Earnest wrote:
April 12, 2022, 8:44 pm
Yeah, looks like it slid off down a slope and broke in half as a result. Aviation Safety Network says the same. I guess a 757 has three hyd systems on it? Quite unfortunate.

https://aviation-safety.net/database/re ... 20220407-0

Right, I need a tractor driver to pull the next 'plane out of the hangar, get your safety boots on, Cali!
Note it also had an "emergency landing at Mexico City after control problems" just last February.

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/277196
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » April 12, 2022, 10:29 pm

I see.

How did that hydraulic leak check go then, Pablo?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 12, 2022, 10:47 pm

Si Senor ..... all ok we use ed the gringo flaw chart dey posty on de Udon map de udder day
Flowchart.png

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » April 13, 2022, 12:32 am

That's the 'does it move?' chart, you need the 'does it leak?' chart, Pablo.

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » April 13, 2022, 7:32 am

Whistler wrote:
April 12, 2022, 6:39 pm

pepesgrill had a dream last night that he was a famous airfart engineer, delusions of grandeur on every topic. He was trying to convonce DHL to retire their older fleet of 757's. "they will break in two and be strewn all over the tarmac' he exclaimed.

He started dreaming after he had returned from his nightly visit with the katoys-in-the-park late at night, he parked his 3.5HP Honda. When he awoke, his bedframe had collapsed, the matress was in a wierd V shape, he smelt something, the familiar odour that is the basic ingredient of 'full-of-it'. Nose sadly very close to his derrierre.
whilst i appreciate your frequent love notes , don't
forget your other (10) online adversaries equally
clamouring for your affections. not create jealousy

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » April 13, 2022, 8:05 am

Earnest wrote:
April 12, 2022, 6:20 pm
Who would you feel comfortable flying with?

I'm thinking Blackburn, English Electric, Boulton Paul?
you know your stuff. never even heard of those but all english manufacturers. and not making
parts in their shed. but constructors of note

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » April 13, 2022, 11:38 pm

Born too late, Cali. I wish I'd been engineering avionics on a development programme like English Electric Canberra or Hawker Hunter back in the '50s. Great days for UK aeroplane development.

Return to “Open Forum”