Joe Rogan

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
GT93
udonmap.com

Re: Joe Rogan

Post by GT93 » February 9, 2022, 11:12 pm

Yes, that's how I read it Whistler. Rogan and Spotify are costing lives. Many lives.

Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » February 9, 2022, 11:57 pm

Whistler wrote:
February 9, 2022, 5:01 pm
jai yen yen wrote:
February 9, 2022, 10:36 am
Rogan is right in more ways than one. The left and the covid queens hate it when facts are presented. Like all lefty's they will cry, scream, stamp their little feet and call everyone who disagrees with them racist, facists and white supremists. Like Rogan said, if anyone said a year ago that vaccinated people could catch and spread covid they would be attacked. We now know this is true. The same as the virus coming from a lab in China which is now being accepted as a very real possibility and now we are finding out that masks do not do much either. Try telling the sheeple that a year ago. As well he did not make these statements himself, they came from experts in their fields. The left and media is supposedly stopping false information but why are they the one's to decide what is false and what is true? What ever happened to free speech and being allowed to have an opinion of your own? Oh, that is right. If I disagree with you your feeling get hurt.
Rogan is not right in more ways than one. He plays to his audience, he knows there are millions to be made to tap into the poor souls who swallow misinformation, that is why he is making heaps out of those that do not do their research from from established sources, but inhabit the fringe loony world. He famously switched his position on Vaccines when he saw there was a buck in it.

On March 10, 2020, Joe Rogan interviewed epidemiologist Michael Osterholm about covid-19 and vaccines. Here's the money shot:

"I hope this wakes people up to the value of vaccines, too," Rogan said. "There's so many wackos out there that think that vaccines are a scam, or they're dangerous, there are so many people out there who won't vaccinate their children."

He is wrong on masks, he is wrong (now) on vaccines, he is wrong about herd immunity, in fact he is one of the top ten spreaders of misinformation in the USA. This is costing many thousands of lives amongst the gullible. He and his ilk have truned the USA into the worst victims of the pandemic, they are number one in deaths with a woeful per capita infection rate. all so Joe and his fellow spreaders of lies can make a buck.

Wake up to yourself JYY, COVID is not a leftist conspiracy, it is the worst worldwide pandemic in a century.
Never said covid was a leftist conspiracy, my point was leftists have closed minds to other peoples opinions who incidentally are quite often right. Open and free discussion results in progress, suppression of it does not. P.S. Even today no one has all the facts and that is including the governments and so called medical experts.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 10, 2022, 12:12 am

What about the “experts” you referenced in your previous post? According to you they don’t have all the facts but we are supposed to listen to them? It appears you might be the closed minded individual you often speak of.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » February 10, 2022, 9:52 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
February 10, 2022, 12:12 am
What about the “experts” you referenced in your previous post? According to you they don’t have all the facts but we are supposed to listen to them? It appears you might be the closed minded individual you often speak of.
Oh dear, you do have a little comprehension problem don't you? My point was that Rogan did not make these statements, other experts in mrna vaccines and cardiology did and this is good because we need to openly discuss the issues to find the truth. I don't know all of the facts like everyone else but I will listen to opinions without getting my drawers in a knot like so many do. Are you feeling a little tight down there?

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 10, 2022, 10:02 am

jai yen yen wrote:
February 10, 2022, 9:52 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
February 10, 2022, 12:12 am
Oh dear, you do have a little comprehension problem don't you? My point was that Rogan did not make these statements, other experts in mrna vaccines and cardiology did and this is good because we need to openly discuss the issues to find the truth. I don't know all of the facts like everyone else but I will listen to opinions without getting my drawers in a knot like so many do. Are you feeling a little tight down there?
Oh dear, apparently it is you who is having the comprehension problem. I never said Rogan made the statement. You are claiming experts on this issue made claims in your first post, then claimed there are only “so called” experts on this issue in your subsequent post. So which is it? Are there experts on this issue or only “so called” experts? How are things up there? 🤪

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » February 11, 2022, 4:47 pm

his " apology" could be used as a case study on

how best to defuse a situation. (joe rogan) some
of those brainiacs his show , the genius rubbed off

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 11, 2022, 5:27 pm

pepesgrill wrote:
February 11, 2022, 4:47 pm
his " apology" could be used as a case study on

how best to defuse a situation. (joe rogan) some
of those brainiacs his show , the genius rubbed off
Could you restate, so those who have difficulty undestanding your tortured English can get a clue what you are taking about. Suggestion, Yaba and Ganga should not be consumed before making a post.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » February 11, 2022, 8:24 pm

Whistler wrote:
February 11, 2022, 5:27 pm

... so those who have difficulty undestanding your tortured English can get a clue what you are taking about.
Jefus wept.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 12, 2022, 11:12 am

Yes, it is an excellent example of the blind leading the blind.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » February 12, 2022, 2:05 pm

frankly I don't hink I'd have the attention span to watch some of Rogan's lengthy nearly 3 hour long in-depth interviews with a huge variety of people.. But, the list of those interviewed on the podcast shows a huge variety/diversity of people of varying political opinions. https://jrelibrary.com/episode-list/ I've watched some short clips on YouTube and for the most part he seems like a very discerning interviewer..
Dave

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » February 12, 2022, 3:33 pm

that's also my take. it's not even that he has strong opinions but that his guests have different
ideas . oddly enough the " cancel" move backfired

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 14, 2022, 1:55 am

I came across this in an opinion piece in The Washington Post:
It was enough to make me wonder what happened to CNN’s spine. I can surmise only that Zucker is what happened. He was certainly beloved by those who prospered on his watch. Maybe he was the best boss anyone ever had. But he also guided the network away from the ramrod-straight, just-the-facts news programming that CNN founder Ted Turner had envisioned and toward a more personalized, interpretive style of reporting that came with a price in a deeply divided nation. Not all CNN shows went this way, I hasten to add, but enough did that the audience kept slipping away. At the start of 2022, CNN averaged 548,000 viewers during the week of Jan. 3, an 80 percent decline from the same period in 2021.
Shxt, something isn't working. Big time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... -audience/
Many in my business don’t understand why Joe Rogan’s podcast remains so popular or why Fox News continues to clobber CNN in ratings.
Rogan is serving up something many consumers seem to want.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 14, 2022, 5:47 am

GT93 wrote:
March 14, 2022, 1:55 am
I came across this in an opinion piece in The Washington Post:
It was enough to make me wonder what happened to CNN’s spine. I can surmise only that Zucker is what happened. He was certainly beloved by those who prospered on his watch. Maybe he was the best boss anyone ever had. But he also guided the network away from the ramrod-straight, just-the-facts news programming that CNN founder Ted Turner had envisioned and toward a more personalized, interpretive style of reporting that came with a price in a deeply divided nation. Not all CNN shows went this way, I hasten to add, but enough did that the audience kept slipping away. At the start of 2022, CNN averaged 548,000 viewers during the week of Jan. 3, an 80 percent decline from the same period in 2021.
Shxt, something isn't working. Big time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... -audience/
Many in my business don’t understand why Joe Rogan’s podcast remains so popular or why Fox News continues to clobber CNN in ratings.
Rogan is serving up something many consumers seem to want.
At three hours a pop?

Some people need serious slapping.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 14, 2022, 3:31 pm

ha! each to their own poison, be it whatever. I can't watch normal media news even the European ones for more than a short while. Minimal fact reporting and a lot of heartstring twanging.. While Rogan in short clips can be interesting, I too just haven't the time nor patience to listen to a 3 hour interview..
Dave

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » April 26, 2022, 10:19 pm

I find Rogan quite a well rounded, sharp-witted conversationalist and interviewer. He doesn't talk over the guests in an attempt to get the right sound bite as some of the main stream TV hosts do. Rogan's guests can be very opinionated at times but I find them a fairly diverse group as a whole and typically relevant/interesting.

The guest list is sort of MMA centric which I tend to pass over, and is heavy on the comedian side which can be pretty funny at times but not for everyone I'm sure. Most interviews are interesting enough to play in the background when I am in my workshop or at a PC. I have the magical ability to pause them when its enough for my timeframe and Spotify, like many apps and/or website backends, allow me to pick up where I left off on another PC or device later.

Actually, the three hour episodes are okay for my consumption style especially in the headphones while I take my hour walk or when I'm in the car alone. Long form has its merits as I do like a conversation rather than a series of quips but again may not be for everyone. Listening in three or more segments is fine with me as I alternate between these, Audible Books or music anyway. I do often watch the episodes that have more data and charts to see what they are talking about but largely just listen.

As far as Spotify goes and how they pay their "talent": I reckon that is between them and the artist. If Young wants to pull his music, why not? I'm sure Apple will accept (or has already accepted) him back since the last time he pulled his music in 2015 from them and the rest for a flaccid audio quality (or whatever it was, he said not about the money so?). I will be the first to admit I may have listened to more of Rogan's voice than Young's even though CSN&Y was a favourite growing up.

Bottom line is I'm with FrazeeDK on this. To each their own. I too tend to stay away from the popular "normal" western media sources and am always looking for newsworthy or entertaining content worth listening to or watching.

Here is a list of recent guests in case anyone wishes risk a moment outside their usual routine to browse them:
https://jrelibrary.com/episode-list/
RoganList.jpg
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 27, 2022, 8:07 am

^ Only three of those guests sparked a glimmer of name recognition in tam's grey matter and one of those was only because you were talking about him a few weeks back.

I (really) need to (try and) get out more.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Return to “Open Forum”