Beware of AilExpress!

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
glalt
udonmap.com

Beware of AilExpress!

Post by glalt » December 31, 2021, 9:46 am

I found out the hard way that you are NOT an AliExpress customer. The sellers are their customers and they take care of their sellers. I was very obviously cheated and filed a dispute. The seller offered me a very small refund and that was the AliExpress approved settlement. End of story but, they have lost me as a buyer. My loss was about $60 so I can live with it. I now buy a lot of things from Lazada. I have also had some problems there but they were taken care of and I lost no money.

timmy
udonmap.com

Re: Beware of AilExpress!

Post by timmy » December 31, 2021, 10:15 am

cant be any worse than Lazada before xmas i ordered a Whistling Kettle ( for gas stove ) when delivered it was badly crushed so i took photos and sent it back , they sent me a new 1 , the second kettle was more beat up than the first .
so chucked it in the bin . could,nt be bothered to pi@@ about any longer ...

anybody knows of a shop in Udon that sells Whistling Kettles i think Thais call them ( Gar Nam ) thanks ...

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » December 31, 2021, 10:38 am

timmy wrote:
December 31, 2021, 10:15 am
cant be any worse than Lazada before xmas i ordered a Whistling Kettle ( for gas stove ) when delivered it was badly crushed so i took photos and sent it back , they sent me a new 1 , the second kettle was more beat up than the first .
so chucked it in the bin . could,nt be bothered to pi@@ about any longer ...

anybody knows of a shop in Udon that sells Whistling Kettles i think Thais call them ( Gar Nam ) thanks ...
We bought one years ago in the store on the corner....as you're heading toward Makro from the fountain circle.....when you come to the first traffic light, the store is on your right hand side. I believe Index also carries them.
กาต้นน้ำ ga dtohm naam

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » December 31, 2021, 11:53 am

As far as Lazada, I have found that buying from overseas sellers is where I have had problems. Avoiding imported items from overseas saves problems.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 31, 2021, 3:09 pm

I tend to find buying in shops saves most of the problems .... If its damaged/wrong colour/wrong size, I find just not handing over the money usually works......... but that does of course require one to get off ones arse ..... sympathy for on line shoppers who get ripped off ..... close to zero (would be zero but everything cannot be purchased locally)

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 31, 2021, 4:05 pm

glalt wrote:
December 31, 2021, 9:46 am
I found out the hard way that you are NOT an AliExpress customer. The sellers are their customers and they take care of their sellers. I was very obviously cheated and filed a dispute. The seller offered me a very small refund and that was the AliExpress approved settlement. End of story but, they have lost me as a buyer. My loss was about $60 so I can live with it. I now buy a lot of things from Lazada. I have also had some problems there but they were taken care of and I lost no money.
That was not my experience. I had a product supplied that went faulty within a day or 2. The initial exchange was between myself and the seller, the seller wanted to take the dispute off the AliExpress platform. The seller tried offering a small amount paid via PayPal, I refused the 3 different small offers and requested AliExpress to judge. They decided in my favour with a complete refund. No return of goods required.

So like all platforms the individuals experience will vary.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » January 2, 2022, 5:36 am

Can happen with any of the online suppliers.
Had one with Paypal, car radiator ($250) with the wrong threads in the auto coolant section. When contacting the supplier, they wanted me to return it (fair enough) BUT pay the freight to Melbourne.($50.....bought from Sydney!!!!) Complained to Paypal who started a claim case, 3 weeks later they found in favour of the manufacturer who said it would need to be returned to China at my cost.
So just when does one bite the bullet.....still sitting in my shed.
Went to a local supplier (cost $330.00)....checked threads were the same as the original and went home happy.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » January 2, 2022, 8:58 am

Some, maybe most sellers are honest, it's the thieves that ruin it for me and AliExpress usually sides with those dishonest sellers. I also had problems on eBay. I bought a supposedly "unlocked" Motorola phone. It was locked. I immediately sent it back and that was the end of it, NO refund. Never heard from the thief again.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 2, 2022, 8:54 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
December 31, 2021, 3:09 pm
I tend to find buying in shops saves most of the problems .... If its damaged/wrong colour/wrong size, I find just not handing over the money usually works......... but that does of course require one to get off ones arse ..... sympathy for on line shoppers who get ripped off ..... close to zero (would be zero but everything cannot be purchased locally)
Is this statto's coded message for "I don't know how to shop online - can someone please help"?

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » January 3, 2022, 9:09 am

I'm an old man and I absolutely hate shopping. I'm usually able to find what I am looking for online. I'm primarily interested in finding what I want and am normally able to find it online. I don't worry about paying an extra few baht. Unfortunately my wife looks for the cheapest price and you usually get what you pay for. I was sure Ali Express would take care of the cheating seller but was very disappointed at the outcome. So much for buying through them then ever again.

Return to “Open Forum”