California strikes again

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
glalt
udonmap.com

California strikes again

Post by glalt » October 11, 2021, 10:06 pm

Another reason to leave Kalifornia;

The new law will ban the sale of all off-road, gas-powered engines, including generators, lawn equipment, pressure washers, chainsaws, weed trimmers, and even golf carts. Under the new law, these machines must be zero-emissions, meaning they will have to be either battery-powered or plug-in, according to the Los Angeles Times.

A lot of stores are NOT going to like this law. What are the commercial loggers going to do?

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: California strikes again

Post by parrot » October 12, 2021, 9:47 am

When we were in Texas for 13 months for Covid, I couldn't help but notice all the people using battery powered lawnmowers, blowers, weed wackers and chainsaws. They've come a long way from the days of 12V Black and Decker tools. If you want a power tool with a wire in places like Home Depot and Lowes, you'll have only 20% of the stock to choose from. The rest is battery powered. Lots of gas powered lawnmowers still on sale, but the battery powered ones seem to be gaining speed on the competition.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 12, 2021, 11:35 am

I have a powerful battery operated Makita hammer drill, a Greenworks leaf blower and a chainsaw. The chain saw has surprising battery life but certainly would not be good for very large trees.

I have a small generator that was used for emergency power. The electric grid here in the boonies goes off nearly every day. I no longer use it because I have several small solar systems. (800 AH) I would be very upset if the government told me that I could no longer use my small generator or my gasoline weed whacker.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 12, 2021, 12:57 pm

Did you even bother to look at the date that they are trying to implement this for? How about the wording, "feasible"?

Return to “Open Forum”