Afghanistan

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Re: Afghanistan

Post by FrazeeDK » September 3, 2021, 4:48 pm

yes, I believe the Department of Defense press spokesman said that the remaining military aricraft at Kabul Airport had been, in his words, "demilitarized" or in laymen's terms rendered inoperable As for those other Taliban aircraft mentioned, well of course since a number of Afghan military surrendered them to the Taliban in other parts of the country from Kandahar to Herat to Mazar-i-Sharif they do have some operational aircraft. Given a dearth of spare parts and few Afghans qualified to maintain those aircraft they might not be flying for long. Don't forget that dozens of aircraft flown be Afghan pilots fleeing Afghanistan ended up in Tajikistan and Uzbekistan... Whenter or not those governments will return the aircraft to the Taliban remains to be seen. I'm sure the U.S. and possibly the Russians will be twisting a few arms to ensure they don't go back.

Dave

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » September 3, 2021, 5:14 pm

fdimike wrote:
September 3, 2021, 3:20 pm
I believe they were speaking about disabling the planes/equipment at Kabul Airport before they left.
I am reasonably sure that there are plenty of Pakistani, North Korean and maybe Russian mechanics, who will chip in to help rebuilt the Choppers, Planes & Humbies. It may not be as good as it was before, but most likely good enough to get off the ground and travel the dirt roads. Whether they stay up in the air for any length of time or a wheel falls off, is debatable.

As for the Humbies, I dare say the chop shops are underway, and the Pakistani made Diesel sixes + drive chains + MG3's, are being adapted/modified to fit, as we speak.

I can only assume that crates of "make shift" Chopper & Planes parts are also being loaded onto a North Korean cargo vessel, at the same time. That is if, North Korea, doesn't just decide to dive through their eastern neighbors property, and straight into Afghanistan, through the back door (Wakhan) :-k

Give the Tal's a few months and the Hybrids will start rolling off the production line and out of the Tent. :-$

It's just ideocracy for Blinken to think that taking off a few parts off and or pulling out wires, would stop these guys and their neighbors, next door and to the north east, from getting this gear, back up and running is some way. or form :-k :-k .

For the past 20 Years the Tal's have had to make do with whatever gear or bits and pieces they could get their hands on, to pursue their cause. I dare say they have mastered the Art, and that turning what was left behind, into something useful to them, is but a, "small challenge to them". :-k :-k

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » September 3, 2021, 5:43 pm

4444 I think it's premature on your part to assume what you've assumed in your post. You nor I know what/how the aircraft/vehicles at Kabul Airport were disabled. The helicopter which was flown over Kabul airfield came from another part of the country. I'm sure the Afghan military didn't bother to disable anything as they tossed their uniforms and ran like chickens.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » September 3, 2021, 7:13 pm

Hi fdmike

One of the points of the post was, that there is no shortage of neighboring countries, who will be eager to assist the Taliban for the right reasons, in whatever way the Taliban need and that restoring the military hardware may well be one way. There appears to be a lot of vehicles, helicopters etc, that was left behind, from all Reports.

I don't see restoring some of the left over military hardware to some sort of local use, as being overly difficult for mechanics from Pakistani, North Korea, Russian or Chinese, but acknowledge the end result wont be of the same high standard as before.

Granted the assumptions in the second half of the post were a bit of sarcasm, as to how the Taliban might go about it and who may help them. But, I do think it will take too long to happen, as the Taliban will need to maintain control of the people and you can't do that in sandals alone, by firing shots in the air. They will need something more, a military style government for some time and the gear that goes with it.

Another aspect is that, Afghanistan is important geographically to some of the neighboring countries and also that Afghanistan may well have what some neighbors want, namely "Potentially the largest deposits of Lithium in the world". This being right on the doorstep of the neighbor to the far east, a neighbor with no commercial morals, who has demonstrated a desire to trade anything with anyone, where geographical access and mineral resources in his interest.

The Taliban Government cannot turn to the West or even Europe for financial assistance, they have to turn somewhere, for financial help? They already have ties to the neighbor to South and forging commercial ties with the neighbor to the fare east, wont take to long, if he has an interest.

pipoz4444

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 3, 2021, 7:29 pm

The Chinese Embassy in Kabul didn't close, it is open for business. The Chinese had a number of "talks" with Taliban leaders prior to the takeover. Afghanistan does indeed have huge quantitiies of mineral deposits. Some easy to get at, others not. In fact a Chinese company had a permit to open pit mine copper that went no where due to the security situation. I think we can epxect the Taliban to jump right onto the One Belt One Road initiative with the Chinese getting big mineral rights in return for building road/rail/dam/power infrastructure in record time...
Dave

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » September 3, 2021, 11:46 pm

But no one knows if the Afghan pilots swapped sides as stated earlier? Is there any evidence that happened? I'd be interested.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 4, 2021, 7:02 am

Yesterday at the UFES (udon flat earth society) meeting it was commented that 3 days after the US left a huge copper deposit mine was reopened for the first time in years ...BY THE CHINESE , also that Russians are still based in Afghanistan playing scrabble in the back of a local mom n pop shop ..

I do not have a link but this was said by one of the higher ranking FES members whose information is in general accurate.

more images of the tallys flying n driving inoperable army vehicles :? it appears only a small amount planes etc based at the airport were rendered useless until repaired many more remained in running order and ready for weekend trips to Panjshir province.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » September 4, 2021, 8:55 am

I fully agree with you Frazee. I believe the Chinese have already built an oil/gas pipeline into Afghanistan and will certainly be looking to expand their access to the countries mineral wealth.

444 I agree with what you're saying for the most part. They already have amassed plenty of small arms/ammo etc which is all they really need for the moment as there is no real opposition to their regime from inside the country other than a small group operating in the eastern mountains. They've already acquired plenty of military equipment from the useless former US trained Afghan army as they fled rather than fight. They may need help maintaining that equipment but I'm sure here will be many "volunteers" stepping to provide the needed assistance. They'll definitely need help with money but they already have a ready trove of renewing cash from their huge opium crop which they'll want to market asap for the time being.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 4, 2021, 9:28 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
September 3, 2021, 5:14 pm
fdimike wrote:
September 3, 2021, 3:20 pm
I believe they were speaking about disabling the planes/equipment at Kabul Airport before they left.
I am reasonably sure that there are plenty of Pakistani, North Korean and maybe Russian mechanics, who will chip in to help rebuilt the Choppers, Planes & Humbies. It may not be as good as it was before, but most likely good enough to get off the ground and travel the dirt roads. Whether they stay up in the air for any length of time or a wheel falls off, is debatable.

As for the Humbies, I dare say the chop shops are underway, and the Pakistani made Diesel sixes + drive chains + MG3's, are being adapted/modified to fit, as we speak.

I can only assume that crates of "make shift" Chopper & Planes parts are also being loaded onto a North Korean cargo vessel, at the same time. That is if, North Korea, doesn't just decide to dive through their eastern neighbors property, and straight into Afghanistan, through the back door (Wakhan) :-k

Give the Tal's a few months and the Hybrids will start rolling off the production line and out of the Tent. :-$

It's just ideocracy for Blinken to think that taking off a few parts off and or pulling out wires, would stop these guys and their neighbors, next door and to the north east, from getting this gear, back up and running is some way. or form :-k :-k .

For the past 20 Years the Tal's have had to make do with whatever gear or bits and pieces they could get their hands on, to pursue their cause. I dare say they have mastered the Art, and that turning what was left behind, into something useful to them, is but a, "small challenge to them". :-k :-k

pipoz4444
How come the Taliban thrashed the Americans without all that abandoned, 'sophisticated' US materiel?

Everyone's talking up Humvee's like they are some sort of high-tech warfare and the cornerstone of military success and dominance.

Get a grip.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 4, 2021, 10:07 am

yep donkeys and AK 47's is all they needed to take over. Humvees are only good on flat open ground, unfortunately someone missed the memo ' the taliban live in the mountains where there are no roads. At least the americans canceled the patrol boats when someone noticed the the place was just deserts and mountains :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » September 4, 2021, 11:38 am

fdimike wrote:
September 4, 2021, 8:55 am
I fully agree with you Frazee. I believe the Chinese have already built an oil/gas pipeline into Afghanistan and will certainly be looking to expand their access to the countries mineral wealth.

444 I agree with what you're saying for the most part. They already have amassed plenty of small arms/ammo etc which is all they really need for the moment as there is no real opposition to their regime from inside the country other than a small group operating in the eastern mountains. They've already acquired plenty of military equipment from the useless former US trained Afghan army as they fled rather than fight. They may need help maintaining that equipment but I'm sure here will be many "volunteers" stepping to provide the needed assistance. They'll definitely need help with money but they already have a ready trove of renewing cash from their huge opium crop which they'll want to market asap for the time being.
Hi fdmike,

The real issue is that the Tal's are now the most dominant Authority/Military Power in Afghanistan and that the Tal’s have complete control of whatever military hardware was left and or is operational. Its not really a question of how many or how much militray equipment the Taliban have right now. How and what they use the left over militray equipment for, is now solely up to them and no one is going to challenged them. (I am sure someone will chip in and say that I am stating the obvious, and maybe I am \:D/ ).

There is no foreseeable rival or challenge to their Authority, just a small ongoing resistance buy a few thousand men in the northern province, men who no longer have any support from the outside world. The Taliban now have a free rein to rule Afghanistan, the way they want, for years to come. I can’t see any outside Country intervening militarily in Afghanistan's affairs for a long long time, if ever.

In some ways Afghanistan is just going down the same path, as Cambodia, Myanmar recently and many of the northern countries in Africa over the past few decades, when a military style regime chooses to take control of a Country and everyone just has to sit back and watch for the outcome, hoping for the best.

Afghanistan is no different to many other countries who have undergone a military style coup, it's just a different place at a different time. Those in the West and Europe will now have watch from a distance for the next 10 years or so.

It won't matter what the Taliban do from now on, no outside Country is going back in to Afghanistan, to challenge them, for political change. :-k Those days are gone.

pipoz4444

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 4, 2021, 12:07 pm

^ Why would any outside country want to go back and challenge them and try and deny them their independence anyway?

There's a lot of talk about a treasure trove of rare-earth minerals in Afghanistan that will ensure Chinese dominance in the post fossil fuel world.

In the meantime, there's a far larger amount of these elements in the more accessible and comparably free world.

Then some talk of some mythical oil or gas pipeline that the Chinese have already built into Afghanistan.

They're probably willfully confusing themselves and others because despite fairly recent Chinese involvement, the decades old concept of the TAPI pipeline remains unfulfilled.

There's also a lot of far more sensible talk that's based on facts. You just have to go find them.

PS: They're usually not found on YouTube.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » September 4, 2021, 3:18 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 4, 2021, 7:02 am
Yesterday at the UFES (udon flat earth society) meeting it was commented that 3 days after the US left a huge copper deposit mine was reopened for the first time in years ...BY THE CHINESE , also that Russians are still based in Afghanistan playing scrabble in the back of a local mom n pop shop ..

I do not have a link but this was said by one of the higher ranking FES members whose information is in general accurate.

more images of the tallys flying n driving inoperable army vehicles :? it appears only a small amount planes etc based at the airport were rendered useless until repaired many more remained in running order and ready for weekend trips to Panjshir province.

DM
Thank you, DM, your post has clarified many points for me.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » September 4, 2021, 3:46 pm

The tampon dispensers in the Men's toilet aboard the current USAF inventory have the taliban completely stumped.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » September 5, 2021, 6:28 am

Ashli was USAF? And I understand you too used to push a pencil for the USAF? You weren't out there in the third world dropping bombs on old folks, women and children? Any day the US isn't dropping bombs or missiles somewhere on the planet is probably a good day.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 5, 2021, 11:35 am

nah, the USAF doesn't deploy unless they're guaranteed a 5 star hotel and max per diem...
Dave

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 5, 2021, 2:05 pm

Earnest wrote:
September 4, 2021, 3:18 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 4, 2021, 7:02 am

DM
Thank you, DM, your post has clarified many points for me.
What's clear is DM has found a fellow UFES'er who also watches a lot of YouTubes.

As long as Panjshir isn't really Loei, I reckon we'll all still be getting a good night's sleep.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 5, 2021, 2:09 pm

GT93 wrote:
September 5, 2021, 6:28 am
Ashli was USAF? And I understand you too used to push a pencil for the USAF? You weren't out there in the third world dropping bombs on old folks, women and children? Any day the US isn't dropping bombs or missiles somewhere on the planet is probably a good day.
No. Ashli only ever worked gate security, checking passes and menial stuff like that. As someone who had an inkling about locked doors and armed guards, one questions how dim she was to even try to climb through that broken window. I'm pretty sure there's an appropriate Gumpism for those sort of "heroics".
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » September 5, 2021, 2:25 pm

tamada wrote:
September 5, 2021, 2:05 pm

What's clear is DM has found a fellow UFES'er who also watches a lot of YouTubes.

As long as Panjshir isn't really Loei, I reckon we'll all still be getting a good night's sleep.
Who? Which Flat Earther watches alot of You Tube?

Panjshir versus Loei; it wouldn't take long for the Taliban to circumvent Phru Kradung or Phu Rheu.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 5, 2021, 3:07 pm

Earnest wrote:
September 5, 2021, 2:25 pm
tamada wrote:
September 5, 2021, 2:05 pm

Who? Which Flat Earther watches alot of You Tube?

Panjshir versus Loei; it wouldn't take long for the Taliban to circumvent Phru Kradung or Phu Rheu.
Give Tam some leeway Ernie ,,, hes been held in captivity for some time now and obviously suffering from tugboatenus fever , the first signs are loosing ones rational , followed by alopecia , dry skin on the hands and fingers and genital warts..

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Return to “Open Forum”