Virgin gallactic or whatever it's called

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Virgin gallactic or whatever it's called

Post by stattointhailand » July 11, 2021, 8:17 pm

Just thinking of all the times when dealing with Richard Branson during the 80's + 90's that I thought I wish he'd just f***off out of my world, and now at approx 9pm tonight my dream will come true when someone blasts the c*** into orbit \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Giggle
udonmap.com

Re: Virgin gallactic or whatever it's called

Post by Giggle » July 12, 2021, 10:52 am

blasts the c*** into orbit
Objects in low-Earth orbit are at an altitude above 160 km (99 mi) above the Earth’s surface. Branston pickled at half that altitude.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 12, 2021, 12:42 pm

Millionaires and billionaires boasting about going into space when 90% of the planet soon won't be able to go down the street (again).

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 12, 2021, 5:54 pm

Hope the ugly b*stards wearing a mask ........ PC plod will be after 'im with a ticket for B1000

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 13, 2021, 7:43 am

At least no matter what one may personally think of Richard Branson, at least he has the guts / stupidity to try it out for himself , not wishing to risk 'Passengers' on something he has not tried and survived himself .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 13, 2021, 8:13 am

tamada wrote:
July 12, 2021, 12:42 pm
Millionaires and billionaires boasting about going into space when 90% of the planet soon won't be able to go down the street (again).
=D> =D> =D>

Could agree more .. watching Branson high fiving and chest puffing while the world is in economical turmoil makes my piss boil ....T W A T S like Branson still feel the need to boost their egos, surely donating the billions spent on this project to another cause would have been more appropriate ..lets say covid relief for starters.

All that money from a tangy ploughmans pickle that was invented by using production line left overs at a vegetable factory.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » July 13, 2021, 9:11 am

Let him spend his money how he likes. It's his after all. Nobody tells you that mindlessly driving up and down Highway 2, schlepping around poisonous alcohol, is a waste of precious fossil fuels and has a tremendous impact on our fragile climate.

Reel it in, ya drunk.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 13, 2021, 9:41 am

Giggle wrote:
July 13, 2021, 9:11 am
Let him spend his money how he likes. It's his after all. Nobody tells you that mindlessly driving up and down Highway 2, schlepping around poisonous alcohol, is a waste of precious fossil fuels and has a tremendous impact on our fragile climate.

Reel it in, ya drunk.
:lol: :lol: :lol: oh how little you know ..mindlessly driving purveying my wares has kept me here for 20 plus years...and please keep up i been on the wagon for ages now.

BTW .. Indeed let Mr Branson spend his doe he sees for just dont try to be some kind of super hero whilst doing it while so many are struggling.

Reeled you in yer mule...easy

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » July 13, 2021, 10:22 am

Didnt Branson start investing in this project 16 years ago ? I could be wrong but i dont think the Chinese Virus had escaped from the lab in those days .Even the CCP could not keep it quiet for that long !
Good luck to the man . What you think is a folly will make him billions in the future .
Not a bad hobby to have .

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 13, 2021, 12:56 pm

He wouldnt have so much money to "spend as he wishes" if it were not for his "friends in high places" forcing people to make economic decisions that favoured the "Virgin" company ......... the very reason I would not shed a tear if his spacecraft followed the route of voyager for the next 42 years and just kept going further and further away

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 13, 2021, 1:14 pm

Station

How does one "force people to make economic decisions that favour the "Virgin " Compnay?" and if they do what are they ?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 13, 2021, 2:25 pm

Dodo

Suffice to say the "head" of the company I worked for was appointed by politicians, I had a small team (about a dozen staff) who had spent 18 months on a complete rewrite of a project (including hundreds of meetings/arguments/agreements all over the country) and was then told that all that work had to be scrapped. Another part of the company had failed to deliver on a (knowingly by just about everyone including RB's advisors) unworkable promise given to RB and he got a certain minister to quietly threaten our "Boss" if he didn't get preferential treatment given to his company. Needless to say when a knighthood and serious pension gets threatened !!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 13, 2021, 3:50 pm

Wasn’t Branston Pickle pleading poverty less than a year ago & begging the government to pay his employees because of Covid ?
All from his little tax free haven where he just seems to have found a few billion down the back of his sofa to fund this vanity project
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 14, 2021, 4:12 pm

Megan McArdle opined today in her justification for exploration: "Why mess around with flint, or try to take on a gazelle, when you could be digging for grubs or perhaps picking lice out of someone’s hair?"
If I was younger, I'd be looking forward to a 1 or 2 hour trip back to the US rather than the marathon it is now.

Return to “Open Forum”