LG air conditioner - CH05 error code

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
tamada
udonmap.com

LG air conditioner - CH05 error code

Post by tamada » May 5, 2021, 1:17 pm

The kids bedroom aircon has gone tits-up with a flashing 'CH05' error code. The unit's about 2 years old and worked OK until recently. A quick Google squizz says it's a communications issue between the inside and outside unit. The YouTube's are in Thai, Indonesian and Spanish and suggest it's something complicated. Loads of checking voltages, etc..

Anyone else had this issue with an LG inverter unit? probably needs a 'tech' or a board swapper but just checking to see if anyone else has had the same issue.

Ta
tam

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: LG air conditioner - CH05 error code

Post by parrot » May 5, 2021, 1:45 pm

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » May 5, 2021, 2:03 pm

My LG has a smart diagnostic tool (phone app), just place the phone near the A/C, press a button on the remote and they "squake" at each other. The results are displayed on the app.

The app:-
LG AC SMART Diagnostics

Available from Play Store

Just to add:- I have just run it and voltages are displayed along with about 12 other parameters.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 5, 2021, 6:12 pm

Found a YouTube in Urdu that had a workaround to clear the CH05 error that shuts it off after 5 minutes. Now the aircon is running again but isn't cooling at all so Mrs tam will get the repair man in. The unit probably needs a good clean as well.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 6, 2021, 1:13 pm

The technician has advised Mrs tam that a gecko fried on a pcb so he's off looking for a replacement. That's replacement pcb of course, not gecko.

I haven't seen the suspect pcb yet so we'll see what this artisan pulls out of his butt. They're asking around 1000 to 2000 baht for "LG pcb's" on lazada depending on which one you want.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » May 6, 2021, 8:42 pm

Have you considered the LG unit just decided it no longer wished to work for you?

I wouldn't think that unusual.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 7, 2021, 12:37 pm

tamada wrote:
May 6, 2021, 1:13 pm
The technician has advised Mrs tam that a gecko fried on a pcb so he's off looking for a replacement. That's replacement pcb of course, not gecko.

I haven't seen the suspect pcb yet so we'll see what this artisan pulls out of his butt. They're asking around 1000 to 2000 baht for "LG pcb's" on lazada depending on which one you want.
G L M

Geckos Lives Matter .... (and Tookars)

Meet Tonie.. actually a baby Tookar that ive become rather fond of .. ive had a word and told him about your sad loss Tam ... he is now fully aware to stay away from AC units and any other electrical appliances... possibly your deceased gecko couldnt stand the bag pipe music or the smell of freshly simmering haggis and committed suicide.

The jury is still out on the gender im thinking may well be female as never stops pissing eating and always got its mouth open (see pic)

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 10, 2021, 8:22 am

The aircon guy got the new pcb overnight Friday and the kids bedroom is a meat locker again. He charged 2600 for the pcb + 400 for his labor that included cleaning the unit. I priced the same pcb on lazada at 2700 + shipping so satisfied with his work.

Here's the old pcb showing where the gecko toasting occurred on the solder-side. Mrs tam asked the guy if it was possible to prevent critters doing this again and he said not really. However, I will take a look at applying a heavier layer of lacquer on the solder-side. That's how we made more far more complex pcb's corrosion and critter resistant when looking for oil in the Indonesian jungle when I were a lad.
Screenshot_20210510-082048_1.jpg

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 10, 2021, 11:01 am

If its not the gheckos its the tiny black ants . Those little gritters have knackered my aircon twice , and a water pump .
Good idea with the lacquer , should also make it ant proof .

Return to “Open Forum”