what bills when away

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
oldtimeudon
udonmap.com

what bills when away

Post by oldtimeudon » December 26, 2020, 7:53 am

Hello Folks, i have been away from Udon for a good while but i normally do visit at least
once a year, this year we have about ten bills like Electric 373 baht times 4 ?
there are other Electric bills for other prices ? as well as water and waste ....the waste
i can understand but not sure of the water and Electric. my wifes sister has the keys when
we are away and as we have not used any water or Electric i do not understand the bills.
is there a standing order? if anyone can shed light on this , i would be grateful. Cheers,

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: what bills when away

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 26, 2020, 12:22 pm

The PEA bill for zero usage is about 44 Baht per month there are probably late payment fees added. Unless you have the main breaker switched off you are probably using a few units per month.
8891E514-220C-40BB-92E4-E3199A626C49.png
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 26, 2020, 12:40 pm

I’ve got a “Meter Maintenance Fee” of 10 baht a month for water.

Difficult to say if this is the only charge when I’m not there as the pool surge tank tops up automatically so I’ve always got usage.

Same with electric, there’s always usage although minimal for stuff like lights on timers & I don’t unplug the broadband etc
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 26, 2020, 6:02 pm

If the stopcock at the water meter is turned off, there shouldn't be any water usage. With the state of Thai plumbing on older properties, it's always good to turn that off while away, even for short vacations. Water pressures can go up and down during system maintenance and a high pressure moment can blow old flexible tap risers and weak flush controls in toilet cisterns.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » December 26, 2020, 6:16 pm

oldtimeudon wrote:
December 26, 2020, 7:53 am
Hello Folks, i have been away from Udon for a good while but i normally do visit at least
there are other Electric bills for other prices ? as well as water and waste ....the waste
i can understand but not sure of the water and Electric. my wifes sister has the keys when
we are away and as we have not used any water or Electric i do not understand the bills.
is there a standing order? if anyone can shed light on this , i would be grateful. Cheers,
I found it was the fridge and water pump that we causing the bills when I was away, maybe different for you

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » December 26, 2020, 7:32 pm

dunroaming wrote:
December 26, 2020, 6:16 pm
oldtimeudon wrote:
I found it was the fridge and water pump that we causing the bills when I was away, maybe different for you
Nothing to do with the wife, the dogs or any of the other home things, Abere
donnians Jeez.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » December 27, 2020, 2:22 pm

AlexO wrote:
December 26, 2020, 7:32 pm
dunroaming wrote:
oldtimeudon wrote:
donnians Jeez.
Found is past tense papa 🤣 not now! I was (PT) talking when I was living alone I was (past tense again) paying for electric for the fridge/freezer that were left on when I was away jeez fifers

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 27, 2020, 3:42 pm

^ Fifers? Worse than Dundonians then?

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » December 27, 2020, 6:12 pm

From my experience Fifers they are Posh Dundonians, confirmed by a pal who moved from Dundee to broughty ferry

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » December 27, 2020, 7:14 pm

dunroaming wrote:
December 27, 2020, 2:22 pm
AlexO wrote:
December 26, 2020, 7:32 pm
dunroaming wrote:
oldtimeudon wrote:
donnians Jeez.
Found is past tense papa 🤣 not now! I was (PT) talking when I was living alone I was (past tense again) paying for electric for the fridge/freezer that were left on when I was away jeez fifers
Your starting to get as bad a Tam, calling me an old Bassa just because I dont need to work/chase the filthy lucre any more. Get back soon, weather for golf is brilliant.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 27, 2020, 7:48 pm

the sacaknackers are revolting ........ arent they
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » December 27, 2020, 8:13 pm

No understand EnGerish.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » December 27, 2020, 10:37 pm

Back on topic, please.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » December 27, 2020, 11:48 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 27, 2020, 7:48 pm
the sacaknackers are revolting ........ arent they
Back on topic as directed what type of bill is a sqcaknacker DM sounds like food delivery as revolting

marcus1
udonmap.com

Post by marcus1 » December 28, 2020, 1:56 am

I would not worry about $50 or $60 a year....
Not worth worrying about....
Chill out and put it down to life.
YKICAMOOCOW

oldtimeudon
udonmap.com

Post by oldtimeudon » December 29, 2020, 6:02 pm

it appears the the recurring 700 bhat bill was just that an old bill that someone had ''forgot''
to pay plus our usual Gardiner had been replaced and the Family had near moved in again
must visit more often unless it will be other items going west (i am told no one has a key to the house only to the gates and Gardens,
the flowers need looking after the grass needs cutting (like chalk and cheese between the proper gardener and her brother) about 16 years ago i had my first taste of going on holiday and her son came to visit wearing my Adidas trainers and top, but i do like to let them know every now and again that i still have eyes and do notice the little tricks here and there.. but i think most of it is nothing to worry about just Thainess.

Return to “Open Forum”