Merry Christmas.

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Christmas 2020

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 9, 2020, 7:31 am

Its nearly that time of the year again ..

We all have differing views on Christmas , especially now not residing in my native UK for a long time for me its lost its importance as i am not a religious person , yes nice for families to get together but for many its overkill and eating way too much plus financial headaches and credit card debt ..

IMO THAT my opinion its about the young kids and puppies... pickled heggs and mince pies.

BAH HUMBUG nid noi

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Christmas 2020

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 9, 2020, 7:32 am

corrected thread header ..

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 9, 2020, 7:58 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 9, 2020, 7:32 am
corrected thread header ..
You need to edit the subject in the first post so it propagates all through the thread
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Cjhristmas 2020

Post by stattointhailand » December 9, 2020, 8:24 am

You mean you don't miss the High St shopping with the constant blaring out of Johnny Matthis, Boney M, Cliff Richard, Mud, Slade, & Wizzard ?

How about an xmas selection of the memorable tunes thread?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 9, 2020, 9:33 am

Christmas songs should be left for the high street shops Statts , no need to damage the music thread with such crap.

Bah humbug 2

DM

dazzadazza
udonmap.com

Post by dazzadazza » December 9, 2020, 9:47 am

ebenezer scrooge.jpg

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Christmas 2020 BAH HUMBUG

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 9, 2020, 10:05 am

Surely it would be better just to cancel Christmas the world over this year due to the covid pandemic .. all in favour say AYE ..

Bah Humbug 3

DM

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » December 9, 2020, 10:18 am

I think I’m not alone in how Xmas has changed in my mind over the years.

Love it as a kid till late teens.

Move on and not give 2 f...s for a few years.

Get married have kids and go back to enjoying it and later just enduring it with in-laws etc.

Then later forget about Xmas and let others enjoy it and personally just get on with life.

Then sadly I reached my next stage like DM and think it’s all completely nonsense.

Have now reached maybe my last stage and I have been binge watching any new Christmas movies on Netflix with the daughter. Even though she is 14 not totally attuned to Xmas I now enjoy once again watching the movies and seeing a smile of happiness on a young persons face at this period of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Christmas 2020 ..Bah Humbug

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 9, 2020, 10:26 am

Barney wrote:
December 9, 2020, 10:18 am
I think I’m not alone in how Xmas has changed in my mind over the years.

Love it as a kid till late teens.

Move on and not give 2 f...s for a few years.

Get married have kids and go back to enjoying it and later just enduring it with in-laws etc.

Then later forget about Xmas and let others enjoy it and personally just get on with life.

Then sadly I reached my next stage like DM and think it’s all completely nonsense.

Have now reached maybe my last stage and I have been binge watching any new Christmas movies on Netflix with the daughter. Even though she is 14 not totally attuned to Xmas I now enjoy once again watching the movies and seeing a smile of happiness on a young persons face at this period of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
an accurate analogy Barney .. =D> ... if Christmas was in tiers with tier 1 being for those who cant wait and love it ..then DM would be in tier 100 .. i gave up on it years back with my last remotely Christmas like activity buying my blow up Linda Love You forever doll a santa hat and a tube of KY cos she said its toooo big ... ching ching

RemeMber readers ..a blow up doll is for life NOT JUST FOR CHRISTMAS

Bah Humbug 4

DM

Barney
udonmap.com

Cjhristmas 2020

Post by Barney » December 9, 2020, 10:35 am

A muffled silent cry of pain I’m sure.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 9, 2020, 10:51 am

Barney wrote:
December 9, 2020, 10:35 am
A muffled silent cry of pain I’m sure.
More like a dry squeak ... anyway thats history .... SHE DIVORCED ME :?

My mams traditional Christmas lunch used to be fantastic Turkey , Beef wellington in all the trimmings ... nowadays DM makes doo with pickled heggs in a whole wheat baguette followed by a slice of fruitcake or a mince pie , most importantly taken with a dozen large changs.

Remember readers Christmas is a time to share .... not the changs tho OK

Bah Hub 5

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 9, 2020, 11:15 am

The Joy of xmas .................... was always NOT having to commute 2 hrs to work and back for a week

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » December 9, 2020, 11:20 am

pff ,long time already i do not give a hoot about all these enforced festive days , even less if they are religious based
all these (mostly commercial) nonsense.. , first of all after my very early retirement ,and moving to thailand what i consider my homeland , i decided every day is sunday , and i will make it extra festive when ever i want , so xmas, new year....i am always happy these days pass quickly ,this year however with xmas having a very good friend visiting who will be pampered with some culinary delights at his request ,what will make it more pleasant as normal ...
enjoy your enforced holidays... :D
Last edited by kopkei on December 9, 2020, 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 9, 2020, 11:21 am

stattointhailand wrote:
December 9, 2020, 11:15 am
The Joy of xmas .................... was always NOT having to commute 2 hrs to work and back for a week
I used to love it, Christmas eve in the City was brilliant and the Fenchurch street line was always an absolute hoot, I've had some great times over the Christmas period in London.

Fortunately my family here do their utmost to make sure I have a proper Christmas, fish n chips Christmas eve, proper English breakfast and a roast dinner with everything on Christmas day and the obligatory bubble n squeak with cold meat and pickles on Boxing Day, the whole family get together for the 3 days just like home.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Cjhristmas 2020 Hah Bumhug

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 9, 2020, 11:31 am

Dm has strange memories of Christmas as a youngster ... 1980 we had the police for Xmas dinner .. my parents had been burgled and all the presents robbed but mum had lost the receipts ?? and the insurance never paid out

1985 when i was 7 yrs old my parents sat me down and broke the news Santa had been killed in a slay accident ..

1990 we lost granny .. then found out my elder brother had wrapped her up and left her outside the womens institute hall in the snow, we ate her dinner ..shame to waste it..

1997 Christmas 1 month in prison on false indecent exposure charge .. best ever and found out Santa survived the 1985 slay smash.

2000 the milenium released on Tag .. removed in Jan 2001 and came to Thailand .. where i realized Christmas is just a sham , a ripoff and should be avoided

ANY MEMBERS WITH RECOLLECTIONS OF CHRISTMAS FROM THE PAST ?????

DM .. Hah Bumhug 6

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 9, 2020, 12:04 pm

"ANY MEMBERS WITH RECOLLECTIONS OF CHRISTMAS FROM THE PAST ?????"

First few years in Udon having to get "proper" chocolate, mince pies sausage rolls, xmas pud, mints,pickled onions etc etc sent over from UK (months b4 xmas to make sure they got here in time), and then looking at them in fridge/cupboard for weeks and having to tell yourself (and others) they are for xmas dont touch. Finally when xmas arrived being able to tuck in to your "once a year treat" that you had been looking forward to .........................

Then some 42 carat ploker opened a bloody shop in Udon where you could get the "special treats" all year round and that was the end of Christmas being special

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Christmas 2020 Gah Bumhag

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 9, 2020, 12:10 pm

Yes i recall that chap .. very slim handsome nice warm hearted fella always giving things away free , apparently he sold that shop and became a monk.

Christmas is the time to get together and be happy .... COVID RESTRICTIONS REPLY

DM.... Gah Bumhag 7

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Christmas 2020 Gah Bumhag

Post by stattointhailand » December 9, 2020, 12:37 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 9, 2020, 12:10 pm
Yes i recall that chap .. very slim handsome nice warm hearted fella always giving things away free , apparently he sold that shop and became a monk.

Christmas is the time to get together and be happy .... COVID RESTRICTIONS REPLY

DM.... Gah Bumhag 7
I'd always assumed he got pie eyed one night and drowned whilst skinny dippin' in Nong Sim :lol:

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » December 9, 2020, 5:17 pm

Reminds me of the Scene on Scrooge with Alistair Sim when he walked in the tavern and asked how much for the soup when the waitres saud 1p he said how much for the bread to which h she said 1p Scrooge scoweled leave the Bread.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 11, 2020, 8:38 am

Economically times are tough Vlad ... the thought of wasting a load of money on Christmas hasnt crossed my mind Scrroge or Cheap Charlie (can i say that) when IMO i find it great that living in Thailand means its really a non event ...

I fully respect the people who choose to celebrate Christmas as a religious day / season with their families , if i had young kids i would also ... wether thats in Thailand or Barrow .. BUT i choose not too as its a commercial event and if i want to over eat or go on a shopping spree , get bladdered or wear a silly hat on any given day i can.

DM .. Hah Bumbag 8

Return to “Open Forum”