Tell me what you have for breakfast...and i tell you who you are.

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
User avatar
AlexO
udonmap.com
Posts: 1193
Joined: June 8, 2015, 11:45 am
Location: Nong Lat Udon

Re: Tell me what you have for breakfast...and i tell you who you are.

Post by AlexO » September 3, 2020, 7:07 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
September 3, 2020, 6:58 pm
AlexO wrote:
September 3, 2020, 1:40 pm
3 Chang, and a tablet to lower blood pressure. Who wants to live for ever??
..guess you just answered your own question,right ;-)
Yip, honest answer who wants to be alive at 80/90. Too expensive in undergrollies and bed clothes. And the Lord said 3 score and 10.



Fatone
udonmap.com
Posts: 117
Joined: March 1, 2017, 6:37 pm
Location: Saraburi Thailand

Re: Tell me what you have for breakfast...and i tell you who you are.

Post by Fatone » September 3, 2020, 7:24 pm

1 piece multigrain toast with margerine and vegemite, 1 peice same toast with crunchy peanut butter, a mug of cuppacino from my machine
Aussie breaky, carry vegemite everywhere I go

User avatar
dezzer111
udonmap.com
Posts: 800
Joined: July 9, 2016, 9:33 pm

Re: Tell me what you have for breakfast...and i tell you who you are.

Post by dezzer111 » September 3, 2020, 7:35 pm

1 small bottle lao kao 3 large changs 6 cigarettes half of last nights left over pizza forgot to put in the fridge with 2 runny eggs and a diet coke
"You'll Never Walk Alone"L.F.C.

dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 1398
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: Tell me what you have for breakfast...and i tell you who you are.

Post by dunroaming » September 3, 2020, 7:40 pm

dezzer111 wrote:
September 3, 2020, 7:35 pm
1 small bottle lao kao 3 large changs 6 cigarettes half of last nights left over pizza forgot to put in the fridge with 2 runny eggs and a diet coke
Why didn't you just say a full Irish breakfast we would have understood lol

User avatar
AlexO
udonmap.com
Posts: 1193
Joined: June 8, 2015, 11:45 am
Location: Nong Lat Udon

Re: Tell me what you have for breakfast...and i tell you who you are.

Post by AlexO » September 3, 2020, 8:56 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
September 3, 2020, 6:58 pm
AlexO wrote:
September 3, 2020, 1:40 pm
3 Chang, and a tablet to lower blood pressure. Who wants to live for ever??
..guess you just answered your own question,right ;-)
Saves fighting with the wife going through the change in life all the time. People wonder why us more mature guys like golf??

User avatar
dezzer111
udonmap.com
Posts: 800
Joined: July 9, 2016, 9:33 pm

Re: Tell me what you have for breakfast...and i tell you who you are.

Post by dezzer111 » September 3, 2020, 9:15 pm

dunroaming wrote:
September 3, 2020, 7:40 pm
dezzer111 wrote:
September 3, 2020, 7:35 pm
1 small bottle lao kao 3 large changs 6 cigarettes half of last nights left over pizza forgot to put in the fridge with 2 runny eggs and a diet coke
Why didn't you just say a full Irish breakfast we would have understood lol
Oh yes, it's the 🇮🇪 Irish in me.
"You'll Never Walk Alone"L.F.C.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 6931
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Tell me what you have for breakfast...and i tell you who you are.

Post by tamada » September 4, 2020, 9:56 am

AlexO wrote:
September 3, 2020, 8:56 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
September 3, 2020, 6:58 pm
AlexO wrote:
September 3, 2020, 1:40 pm
3 Chang, and a tablet to lower blood pressure. Who wants to live for ever??
..guess you just answered your own question,right ;-)
Saves fighting with the wife going through the change in life all the time. People wonder why us more mature guys like golf??
Interesting... How did she handle your mid-life crisis Alex?

User avatar
kopkei
udonmap.com
Posts: 1727
Joined: August 27, 2010, 6:55 am

Re: Tell me what you have for breakfast...and i tell you who you are.

Post by kopkei » September 4, 2020, 9:57 am

today...
IMG_20200904_095037[1].jpg
omelet with small baguette , tea all day ,every day 2L , before it was coffee 2L but cancelled this by doctor advice after my 5 bypass operation 6 year ago ..., again as with all i keep it simple .. ;)

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 5332
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Tell me what you have for breakfast...and i tell you who you are.

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 4, 2020, 10:09 am

6am .due to the early morning fog .. a mug of coffee with a . large tot of Lambertus Smooth Belgian wiskey ..obviously
just to sample one of the new 30 Belgian sprits now inporting (shameless plug alert)

Followed by proper toast n lurpak salted butter .. n a bowl.ofcornklakes with seedless grapes chucked in .

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
Khun Paul
udonmap.com
Posts: 4703
Joined: September 16, 2008, 3:28 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Tell me what you have for breakfast...and i tell you who you are.

Post by Khun Paul » September 4, 2020, 10:28 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 4, 2020, 10:09 am
6am .due to the early morning fog .. a mug of coffee with a . large tot of Lambertus Smooth Belgian wiskey ..obviously
just to sample one of the new 30 Belgian sprits now inporting (shameless plug alert)

Followed by proper toast n lurpak salted butter .. n a bowl.ofcornklakes with seedless grapes chucked in .

Dm
So whatever your doing today DM, iof getting behind the wheel, it is okay to Drink and Drive, then.........................WTF !!

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 5332
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Tell me what you have for breakfast...and i tell you who you are.

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 4, 2020, 11:02 am

Khun Paul wrote:
September 4, 2020, 10:28 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 4, 2020, 10:09 am
6am .due to the early morning fog .. a mug of coffee with a . large tot of Lambertus Smooth Belgian wiskey ..obviously
just to sample one of the new 30 Belgian sprits now inporting (shameless plug alert)

Followed by proper toast n lurpak salted butter .. n a bowl.ofcornklakes with seedless grapes chucked in .

Dm
So whatever your doing today DM, iof getting behind the wheel, it is okay to Drink and Drive, then.........................WTF !!
Wtf u onaboot ... is that your past employment history coming to the foirfront KP ?? .. today is a holiday ..a down day a relax day ..in fact i am in bannork buriram watching my gardeners graft and not planning driving until Tuesday when i go to Bkk to pick up.orders .

A few changs and another Lamby tot or two lunchtime n evening could well be on the cards .

Mao mai kap .. especially when its your livelyhood .

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 1398
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: Tell me what you have for breakfast...and i tell you who you are.

Post by dunroaming » September 4, 2020, 12:21 pm

tamada wrote:
September 4, 2020, 9:56 am
AlexO wrote:
September 3, 2020, 8:56 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
September 3, 2020, 6:58 pm
AlexO wrote:
September 3, 2020, 1:40 pm
3 Chang, and a tablet to lower blood pressure. Who wants to live for ever??
..guess you just answered your own question,right ;-)
Saves fighting with the wife going through the change in life all the time. People wonder why us more mature guys like golf??
Interesting... How did she handle your mid-life crisis Alex?
She's not old enough to have seen his midlife crisis 40 odd years ago 😂

User avatar
grievous
udonmap.com
Posts: 595
Joined: November 28, 2010, 4:21 pm
Location: Udonthani

Re: Tell me what you have for breakfast...and i tell you who you are.

Post by grievous » September 4, 2020, 4:38 pm

A couple of slices of dark rye toasted and covered with Promite or Vegemite with Avocado & tomato sliced. Two flat white coffee’s to wash it down.
Same whether I’m in Udon or Aus.

Don’t mind chicken & sticky rice once and a while though

DuiDui49
udonmap.com
Posts: 1227
Joined: March 15, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: Koh Samui

Re: Tell me what you have for breakfast...and i tell you who you are.

Post by DuiDui49 » September 4, 2020, 6:30 pm

grievous wrote:
September 4, 2020, 4:38 pm
A couple of slices of dark rye toasted and covered with Promite or Vegemite with Avocado & tomato sliced. Two flat white coffee’s to wash it down.
Same whether I’m in Udon or Aus.

Don’t mind chicken & sticky rice once and a while though
If you have high BP..Vegemate/Promite is not to good,high in sodium.
Best regards
//DuiDui
"Exercise is individual and nutrition is queen: together, you have a kingdom."

“Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others.” 

"To grow and mature demands time and willingness to learn from your own misstakes"

rct
udonmap.com
Posts: 978
Joined: September 24, 2007, 8:29 am

Tell me what you have for breakfast...and i tell you who you are.

Post by rct » September 14, 2020, 8:30 am

Steel cut oats cooked for 15 minutes, then cook another 3 minutes with 1/2 cup almond milk, walnuts, chopped coconut, nutmeg, cinnamon, and serve with a sliced banana on top. Yummy.

Steel cut oats cost twice as much as Quaker Oats (about 15 baht per portion, before other ingredients), but once I tried it, am hooked. I also tried Oat Bran, didn't enjoy as much.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com
Posts: 1227
Joined: March 15, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: Koh Samui

Re: Tell me what you have for breakfast...and i tell you who you are.

Post by DuiDui49 » September 14, 2020, 9:53 am

rct wrote:
September 14, 2020, 8:30 am
Steel cut oats cooked for 15 minutes, then cook another 3 minutes with 1/2 cup almond milk, walnuts, chopped coconut, nutmeg, cinnamon, and serve with a sliced banana on top. Yummy.

Steel cut oats cost twice as much as Quaker Oats (about 15 baht per portion, before other ingredients), but once I tried it, am hooked. I also tried Oat Bran, didn't enjoy as much.
Morning Tom !

There's a man who will (hopefully)live a long and healthy life,my man =D> =D> Btw,were do you buy your Oats,Villa maybe..saw them at Villa but thought they were to expensive..I choose NOT to cook my oats,reason is if you those not they will be no,or less,blodspike from the carbs AND it takes longer to digest therefore keeps you fuller longer time.Never tryed Nutmeg,but i'm i BIG fan of Cinnamon,slice banans,blueberrys,cranberrys and sometimes mango..Not to forget to ad exercise,i do cardion in form of bicyclerides..every 2 days 40min-> 1.5 hours..and to round things off...Meditation,everything from 5 min-->1hour.Full blodwork once a year and Vitamin supplements...hopefully by doing the above i will stay out of expensive hospitalbills and Meds..;-)

Take good care of yourself Tom,say hello to your wife and children from me and Nok..:-)
Best regards
//DuiDui
"Exercise is individual and nutrition is queen: together, you have a kingdom."

“Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others.” 

"To grow and mature demands time and willingness to learn from your own misstakes"

User avatar
vincemunday
udonmap.com
Posts: 3531
Joined: December 11, 2014, 11:36 pm
Location: Udon Thani ex North Stifford and Ramsgate
Contact:

Re: Tell me what you have for breakfast...and i tell you who you are.

Post by vincemunday » September 14, 2020, 10:33 am

Usually something Thai but my usual meal would be stir fried mixed veg with chilli and chicken, no sugar because I don’t like things sweet.

I’m fat, BMI through the roof, blood pressure good, heart good, cholesterol good, liver and kidney function good, maybe it’s what I eat and drink in the evening.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 6931
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Tell me what you have for breakfast...and i tell you who you are.

Post by tamada » September 14, 2020, 11:30 am

Yesterday's left-over, home-made chicken tikka masala and the extra nan bread that I had forgotten and left in the toaster oven.

rct
udonmap.com
Posts: 978
Joined: September 24, 2007, 8:29 am

Re: Tell me what you have for breakfast...and i tell you who you are.

Post by rct » September 14, 2020, 11:32 am

Villa Market sells 2 types of Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut Oats, the lower priced package reads "The Golden Spurtle" while the significantly higher priced one reads Organic. 680g.

For a while I was adding ground flax seeds and Chia seeds, not lately as I like it better without.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 6931
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Tell me what you have for breakfast...and i tell you who you are.

Post by tamada » September 14, 2020, 2:20 pm

rct wrote:
September 14, 2020, 11:32 am
Villa Market sells 2 types of Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut Oats, the lower priced package reads "The Golden Spurtle" while the significantly higher priced one reads Organic. 680g.

For a while I was adding ground flax seeds and Chia seeds, not lately as I like it better without.
In case anyone here's wondering what a spurtle is, here's one I won earlier.
golden spurtle.jpg
Whaur's yours?
Only the very best tasting porridge can be made with a spurtle.

Post Reply

Return to “Open Forum”