To Shut Up or Not

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Re: To Shut Up or Not

Post by newtovillagelife » November 28, 2019, 7:09 am

jai yen yen wrote:
November 28, 2019, 6:38 am
jai yen yen wrote:
November 27, 2019, 11:50 pm
Doodoo wrote:
November 27, 2019, 11:45 am
It all goes back to the Canadian public, You can blame others for what is or has happened, not so.

" companies and large farms being bought out by Chinese interests which causes all kinds of problems like driving prices out of reach for Canadian citizens"
How about reversing this and see the other side of the coin where as Canadians, yes greedy Canadians SELLING out to large corporations or Chinese interests (This I assume is only in BC)

Very high fuel costs, that is one of the costs of Democracy. 1.32 in Victoria while 90cents per litre in Calgary Not so high in Alberta

Laws and our Culture changed due to immigrants.
Canada has always been a land of immigrants. Therefore laws need to be in a constant form of change.
If you want to ask this question properly ask the Indians how laws have changed since all these Immigrants have come in. I am sure there have been a few

The so called snowflake PM that has killed the oil and gas in Alberta, remember was voted in under the Democratic system by apparently Snowflake Voters.

"Overspending in the wrong areas and giving large amounts of cash to other countries because our P.M. wants to look like a hero"
A couple of things here This is what got the Snowflake PM re-elected apprently. Governments have always given cash to other countries for various reasons and one is Trade. They inturn by Canadian products which then employs Canadians at home.
"Overspending" hahaha. What PM, Mayor, etc hasnt been accused of overspending? Only one that I can think of that didnt and that was "Hurricane" Hazel McCallion of Mississauga https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hazel_McCallion

"The problems here are out of sight home prices"
Once again who has brought this on,the Candian himself and no one else is to blame If you look you can buy 4 houses in Regina or One house in Vancouver
Canadian Cities Average House Prices April 2018

Vancouver, BC $1,092,000 + 14.3 %
Toronto, Ont $766,000 – 5.1 %
Calgary, Alb $431,000 + 0.1 %
Ottawa, Ont $382,000 + 8.3 %
Montreal, Que $341,000 + 6.3 %
Halifax, NS $316,000 + 2.4 %
Regina, Sask $276,000 – 6.5 %
Fredericton, NB $173,000 + 1.2 %
You are right, Canadians did this to themselves, or I should say the majority did. Some of us see things a little differently.
A few more points, the farms are being bought out in the prairies as well, very large farms which in turn grow and send their poroduce straight to China, I am not anti immigration. I would just like to see our culture preserved, yes we do or did have our own culture. One of the things I respect Thailand is for is they say, welcome to Thailand, observe and respect our culture, if not you are welcome to leave. It is the law to wear a helmet while riding a motorbike in Canada, unless you choose to wear a turban then you do not have to, same with the uniform of an RCMP. the hat was required as part of the uniform, turban wearing people had the requirement changed to suit them. A young Muslim girl and her family screamed racism and said the daughter was attacked and had her hijab cut off her head, Our P.M. was on the news within hours, even before an investigation was done condemning Canadians for racist acts and calling for immediate action against the offenders. The investigation proved the girl and her family were lying, no attack had happened. They were looking for a cash payout. Our P.M never said a word about the lying Muslim family. If someone had been charged and falsely convicted they wouldhave done jail time but no charges were even mentioned for the liars. A muslim family migrates to Canada, they go on social assistance then the father takes his 15 year old son back to the middleast to train with terrorist groups. The boy later on kills some American soldiers with a grenade and ends up getting caught and thrown in Quantonimo prison. He then proceeds to beg Canada to bail him out, after awhile he is brought back to Canada
and given 10.5 million dollars because our government did not bring him back to Canada sooner. His name is Omar Khadar, google it of you like, all true. This is just some of what is going on here, our P.M. is doing these things but like you say the majority voted him back in so there it is.
Canadians are a tolerant people, this should be respected, not taken advantage of. I never understood how a "cultural mosaic, or diversity" should be a guideline. When someone immigrates to Canada, they should align themselves with making Canada a better place for themselves and fellow Canadians, not trying to change Canada to their places of origin.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 28, 2019, 8:19 am

"Canadians are a tolerant people, this should be respected, not taken advantage of. I never understood how a "cultural mosaic, or diversity" should be a guideline. When someone immigrates to Canada, they should align themselves with making Canada a better place for themselves and fellow Canadians, not trying to change Canada to their places of origin."

They should but they dont

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 28, 2019, 11:47 am

jai yen yen wrote:
November 28, 2019, 6:38 am
A few more points, the farms are being bought out in the prairies as well, very large farms which in turn grow and send their poroduce straight to China, I am not anti immigration. I would just like to see our culture preserved, yes we do or did have our own culture. One of the things I respect Thailand is for is they say, welcome to Thailand, observe and respect our culture, if not you are welcome to leave. It is the law to wear a helmet while riding a motorbike in Canada, unless you choose to wear a turban then you do not have to, same with the uniform of an RCMP. the hat was required as part of the uniform, turban wearing people had the requirement changed to suit them. A young Muslim girl and her family screamed racism and said the daughter was attacked and had her hijab cut off her head, Our P.M. was on the news within hours, even before an investigation was done condemning Canadians for racist acts and calling for immediate action against the offenders. The investigation proved the girl and her family were lying, no attack had happened. They were looking for a cash payout. Our P.M never said a word about the lying Muslim family. If someone had been charged and falsely convicted they wouldhave done jail time but no charges were even mentioned for the liars. A muslim family migrates to Canada, they go on social assistance then the father takes his 15 year old son back to the middleast to train with terrorist groups. The boy later on kills some American soldiers with a grenade and ends up getting caught and thrown in Quantonimo prison. He then proceeds to beg Canada to bail him out, after awhile he is brought back to Canada
and given 10.5 million dollars because our government did not bring him back to Canada sooner. His name is Omar Khadar, google it of you like, all true. This is just some of what is going on here, our P.M. is doing these things but like you say the majority voted him back in so there it is.
Selling out to Chinese agribusiness is a very real threat.

The Belt and Road Initiative: Chinese agribusiness going global

https://www.grain.org/en/article/6133-t ... ing-global

There was a feature on CNA recently that showed how the Chinese and their 'middlemen' are staking out ever larger claims in Thailand's quite lucrative, seasonal durian production in Chantaburi. It would appear that the Chinese just can't get enough of it these days and sales in Thailand have dropped because the locals can't afford the prices. They are keen on buying the land the durian is grown on to give them 100% top-down market control. I am not sure if all the amphurs in Chantaburi will have the moral fortitude to resist the late-model Benz or the 10-bedroom sea view villa.

However, you lost me when you went way off topic and started ranting about Muslims based on your two 'for instances'.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 28, 2019, 6:15 pm

Tamada
Exactly a rant ( so unfortunately I will unrant the rant hopefully Please excuse me) that goes from

1) Farms being bought up by Chinese (This was back in 2015 and since then China has put a halt to importing such items as Canola 'Huge uncertainty' for Canadian farmers: China stops buying canola just weeks before planting begins"
""Canadian farmers seeded 22 million acres of canola in 2018 and produced more than 20 million tonnes of the crop — which is sold as seed, oil and meal. About 90 per cent of those goods are exported, with China taking the lion’s share at 40 per cent. Canola seed exports to China accounted for $2.7 billion in 2018.")

So if they are buying up land to export product WHY OH WHY would they ban imports from Canada???? and remember once again it is the GREEDY Canadian Farmer that is selling farms to the Chinese!!!!

2) Culture preservation Please define CULTURE In Canada it is from the Scots and Bagpipes, German POWs who wanted to stay afer the War, Ukranians and Perogies, French and The French, Quebecers and their potin, Schwartz's Deli in Montreal, Hutteries on the Praries buying up section after section of Land and living in Communes,etc
Here are the Ethnic groups in Canada as of 2016 (Not Canadains which there are over 11,000,000)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_or ... _in_Canada Good luck
There are over 200 Ethnic Groups in Canada so please define Culture Preservation
Culture 19,00 Thais in Canada and if culture had to be maintained how did a Buddist Temple, Ling Yen Mountain in Richmond British Columbia ever get there??? who was defending the Culture then????

3) Wearing helmets as to turbans to the RCMP wearing turbans Well in the 1974 the RCMP Uniform changed by allowing womens skirts and heels, God help us what will the people think of the RCMP!!! The culture will be ruined

4) Racism An 11 year old Muslim girl reported she was attacked and her Hajib was cut off. It later became apparent that this was untrue. 11 Year old whipping up a country into such a frenzy. Absolute BS Quit wasting my time
As for the rest of it remember what I said about your comments regarding a Snowflake PM being voted in by Snowflake Voters. No one else to blame but yourselves

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 29, 2019, 1:23 pm

Doodoo wrote:
November 28, 2019, 6:15 pm
Tamada
Exactly a rant ( so unfortunately I will unrant the rant hopefully Please excuse me) that goes from

1) Farms being bought up by Chinese (This was back in 2015 and since then China has put a halt to importing such items as Canola 'Huge uncertainty' for Canadian farmers: China stops buying canola just weeks before planting begins"
""Canadian farmers seeded 22 million acres of canola in 2018 and produced more than 20 million tonnes of the crop — which is sold as seed, oil and meal. About 90 per cent of those goods are exported, with China taking the lion’s share at 40 per cent. Canola seed exports to China accounted for $2.7 billion in 2018.")

So if they are buying up land to export product WHY OH WHY would they ban imports from Canada???? and remember once again it is the GREEDY Canadian Farmer that is selling farms to the Chinese!!!!

2) Culture preservation Please define CULTURE In Canada it is from the Scots and Bagpipes, German POWs who wanted to stay afer the War, Ukranians and Perogies, French and The French, Quebecers and their potin, Schwartz's Deli in Montreal, Hutteries on the Praries buying up section after section of Land and living in Communes,etc
Here are the Ethnic groups in Canada as of 2016 (Not Canadains which there are over 11,000,000)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_or ... _in_Canada Good luck
There are over 200 Ethnic Groups in Canada so please define Culture Preservation
Culture 19,00 Thais in Canada and if culture had to be maintained how did a Buddist Temple, Ling Yen Mountain in Richmond British Columbia ever get there??? who was defending the Culture then????

3) Wearing helmets as to turbans to the RCMP wearing turbans Well in the 1974 the RCMP Uniform changed by allowing womens skirts and heels, God help us what will the people think of the RCMP!!! The culture will be ruined

4) Racism An 11 year old Muslim girl reported she was attacked and her Hajib was cut off. It later became apparent that this was untrue. 11 Year old whipping up a country into such a frenzy. Absolute BS Quit wasting my time
As for the rest of it remember what I said about your comments regarding a Snowflake PM being voted in by Snowflake Voters. No one else to blame but yourselves
Can't blame me, I did not vote for that fool but you are right . The majority of Canadians did.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 29, 2019, 2:16 pm

jai yen yen wrote:
November 29, 2019, 1:23 pm
Can't blame me, I did not vote for that fool but you are right . The majority of Canadians did.
Ergo the majority of Canadians are fools?

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 29, 2019, 7:25 pm

"Can't blame me, I did not vote for that fool but you are right . The majority of Canadians did."
And the rest of your comments regarding
RCMP
Chinese Farmers
Immigrants
Culture

????

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 30, 2019, 12:06 am

Doodoo wrote:
November 29, 2019, 7:25 pm
"Can't blame me, I did not vote for that fool but you are right . The majority of Canadians did."
RCMP
Chinese Farmers
Immigrants
Culture

????
Everything I said is true and I stand behind it. My point with immigrants is that they are given favored treatment over Canadian citizens while in Thailand it is the opposite. Say what you want about China and Chinese dominance, live long enough and it will be clear as to what they are up to. Canada was colonized by Europeans and since that time albeit not a long time we have developed a culture of our own, immigrants would come to Canada and become Canadians. Immigrants of all races. They were expected to accept our laws and ways and respect our culture. A different story now. If you are ever in Vancouver I can show you what I mean.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » November 30, 2019, 7:14 am

jai yen yen wrote:
November 30, 2019, 12:06 am
Doodoo wrote:
November 29, 2019, 7:25 pm
RCMP
Chinese Farmers
Immigrants
Culture

????
Everything I said is true and I stand behind it. My point with immigrants is that they are given favored treatment over Canadian citizens while in Thailand it is the opposite. Say what you want about China and Chinese dominance, live long enough and it will be clear as to what they are up to. Canada was colonized by Europeans and since that time albeit not a long time we have developed a culture of our own, immigrants would come to Canada and become Canadians. Immigrants of all races. They were expected to accept our laws and ways and respect our culture. A different story now. If you are ever in Vancouver I can show you what I mean.
What favored treatment are immigrants(not refugees) given.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 30, 2019, 7:50 am

"Say what you want about China and Chinese dominance, live long enough and it will be clear as to what they are up to"
I am sure the Indians were saying the same some 400 years ago when The White Man showed up.

How are immigrants "Favored" over Canadian Citizens??

"They were expected to accept our laws and ways and respect our culture. A different story now."
The examples are rampant of immigrants that didnt accept the so called whatever that is Canadian Way and therefore made Canada what it is today, a melting pot of various cultures.

*Kitchener/Waterloo holds the second biggest Octoberfest in the world (German)
*Bruce County one of 2 locations in Canada that sports a Tartan (Scottish)
*The dish ginger beef was invented in the 1970s by chef George Wong at the Silver Inn in Calgary. (Chinese)
*Toronto Caribbean Carnival, attended by almost 2 Million (Carribean)
*Gung Haggis Fat Choy event (Chinese/Scotish)
*Sushi pizza is common in the city of Toronto although neither pizza nor sushi are native Canadian cuisines; the combination of the two to form a single dish was invented in the city. (God help us)

and the list goes on

FACT
In Toronto, more than 140 languages are spoken, and almost 50 per cent of the population was born outside of Canada.
(Damn Easterners)
Canadian Culture??? what is that, as some apparently dont know what it is

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » November 30, 2019, 8:23 am

Doodoo wrote:
November 30, 2019, 7:50 am
"Say what you want about China and Chinese dominance, live long enough and it will be clear as to what they are up to"
I am sure the Indians were saying the same some 400 years ago when The White Man showed up.

How are immigrants "Favored" over Canadian Citizens??

"They were expected to accept our laws and ways and respect our culture. A different story now."
The examples are rampant of immigrants that didnt accept the so called whatever that is Canadian Way and therefore made Canada what it is today, a melting pot of various cultures.

*Kitchener/Waterloo holds the second biggest Octoberfest in the world (German)
*Bruce County one of 2 locations in Canada that sports a Tartan (Scottish)
*The dish ginger beef was invented in the 1970s by chef George Wong at the Silver Inn in Calgary. (Chinese)
*Toronto Caribbean Carnival, attended by almost 2 Million (Carribean)
*Gung Haggis Fat Choy event (Chinese/Scotish)
*Sushi pizza is common in the city of Toronto although neither pizza nor sushi are native Canadian cuisines; the combination of the two to form a single dish was invented in the city. (God help us)

and the list goes on

FACT
In Toronto, more than 140 languages are spoken, and almost 50 per cent of the population was born outside of Canada.
(Damn Easterners)
Canadian Culture??? what is that, as some apparently dont know what it is
Canadian culture??? More like Western Values!! By the way DOODOO, are you Canadian???

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 30, 2019, 9:21 am

By the way DOODOO, are you Canadian???

Eh?? Double Double, Toque, Poutine, Loonie, Toonie, Don Cherry, Rick Mercer, KD, a two four, a Mickey, Beavertails and Timmys
NOPE not a Canuck

Return to “Open Forum”