Scunthorpe

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Post Reply
User avatar
vincemunday
udonmap.com
Posts: 3209
Joined: December 11, 2014, 11:36 pm
Location: Udon Thani ex North Stifford and Ramsgate
Contact:

Re: Scunthorpe

Post by vincemunday » November 6, 2019, 10:10 am

Ermmm it’s north of Watford and thus therefore North...


The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 4898
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Scunthorpe

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 6, 2019, 5:41 pm

tamada wrote:
November 6, 2019, 10:00 am
Wrong side of the Humber to be called 'north' no?
Alas Tam.thoust is wrong ..Scuuny isin NORTH LINCOLSHIRE ..in the NORTH OF ENGLAND and im.advised that everything above the Midlands in NORTH .

Twood appear our Chinese friends can smell a bargain.

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 12740
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Scunthorpe

Post by stattointhailand » November 6, 2019, 6:59 pm

Scunny's not had so many mentions since 1983

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROSxvcsgqjA

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 5922
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Scunthorpe

Post by tamada » November 6, 2019, 8:31 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 6, 2019, 5:41 pm
tamada wrote:
November 6, 2019, 10:00 am
Wrong side of the Humber to be called 'north' no?
Alas Tam.thoust is wrong ..Scuuny isin NORTH LINCOLSHIRE ..in the NORTH OF ENGLAND and im.advised that everything above the Midlands in NORTH .

Twood appear our Chinese friends can smell a bargain.

Dm
Maybe so, but it sure isn't your 12 quid jumbo haddock, chips and mushy peas either!

User avatar
mak
udonmap.com
Posts: 1361
Joined: July 13, 2008, 11:50 am
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Scunthorpe

Post by mak » November 7, 2019, 7:09 am

China's Jingye Group has emerged as the frontrunner to buy British Steel out of insolvency, according to reports.
Some 5,000 jobs hang in the balance at British Steel's Scunthorpe plant.

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 4898
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Scunthorpe

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 7, 2019, 8:40 am

tamada wrote:
November 6, 2019, 8:31 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 6, 2019, 5:41 pm
tamada wrote:
November 6, 2019, 10:00 am
Wrong side of the Humber to be called 'north' no?
Alas Tam.thoust is wrong ..Scuuny isin NORTH LINCOLSHIRE ..in the NORTH OF ENGLAND and im.advised that everything above the Midlands in NORTH .

Twood appear our Chinese friends can smell a bargain.

Dm
Maybe so, but it sure isn't your 12 quid jumbo haddock, chips and mushy peas either!
Take a look at the menu in Steeles ..the mamouth jumbo haddock dsh is a sight to behold n IMO at 12 quid a bargain .. thats approx 400 bt .. n comes with a FREE stiff North Sea breeze n a stroll.on the prom playing dodge the dog sh8t

Dm.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 5922
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Scunthorpe

Post by tamada » November 7, 2019, 12:05 pm

^ I googled and it looked impressive but an identical-sized jumbo haddock, chips and mushy peas would be around 8 or 9 quid at the Seaton Chipper in Aberdeen and a lot closer to the North Sea than Scunny will ever be.

Mind your step...

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 4898
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Scunthorpe

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 7, 2019, 3:59 pm

tamada wrote:
November 7, 2019, 12:05 pm
^ I googled and it looked impressive but an identical-sized jumbo haddock, chips and mushy peas would be around 8 or 9 quid at the Seaton Chipper in Aberdeen and a lot closer to the North Sea than Scunny will ever be.

Mind your step...
Im.no geography buff but i believe Aberdeen is in Scotland ..hence the lower price ...n im.sure it doesnt have the same tropical.seaside ambience as cleethorpes promenade ..wonderland market n oil taibted beachea as far aa the eye can see .
Btw ..Steeles is numver one on the world for fish n chips ..n thats official cos Tommy Caanon said so.whilst he was on summer tour there .

Back to the mecca that is Scunthorpe .. looks like the chinky BSC Scunthorpe deal.is getting closer aa several.noodern shops have opened up.on the ypass next to.the greasy spoon caravans .. i miss those tea mugs with the handles selotaped on n the rotund lady serving grease laden.plates with food items floating there upon .

Arr .. GREAT BRITISH RIADSIDE BREKKIE

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 4898
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Scunthorpe

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 7, 2019, 4:30 pm

Forgiotto mention.. thanks for starti g this thread Mak.

As info ..for anyone wishing to read up on the UKs leading town ..there is a site called

This is Scunthorpe ..which contains all you need to.know about tbis great place .

Link to follow

Dm.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 4898
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Scunthorpe

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 7, 2019, 4:32 pm

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 4898
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Scunthorpe

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 7, 2019, 4:35 pm

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/all-about/scunthorpe

Enjoy ..great reading you know it makes sense ..
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10691
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Scunthorpe

Post by 747man » November 7, 2019, 6:21 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 7, 2019, 4:30 pm
Forgiotto mention.. thanks for starti g this thread Mak.

As info ..for anyone wishing to read up on the UKs leading town ..there is a site called

This is Scunthorpe ..which contains all you need to.know about tbis great place .

Link to follow

Dm.
Jon, Serious Question Mate......If it's that great,What are yer doing in Udon then ??

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 12740
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Scunthorpe

Post by stattointhailand » November 7, 2019, 10:40 pm

As he is partial to a bit of liquid refreshment and doesnt drink & drive, he cant live in Scunny anymore as there is a serious shortage of cabbies due to them all emigrating with their ill gotten gains

User avatar
dezzer111
udonmap.com
Posts: 601
Joined: July 9, 2016, 9:33 pm

Re: Scunthorpe

Post by dezzer111 » November 8, 2019, 12:51 am

747man wrote:
November 7, 2019, 6:21 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 7, 2019, 4:30 pm
Forgiotto mention.. thanks for starti g this thread Mak.

As info ..for anyone wishing to read up on the UKs leading town ..there is a site called

This is Scunthorpe ..which contains all you need to.know about tbis great place .

Link to follow

Dm.
Jon, Serious Question Mate......If it's that great,What are yer doing in Udon then ??
He's got you there mate
"You'll Never Walk Alone"L.F.C.

User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 5886
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: Wee rock in the middle of nowhere

Re: Scunthorpe

Post by GT93 » November 8, 2019, 2:09 am

stattointhailand wrote:
November 7, 2019, 10:40 pm
As he is partial to a bit of liquid refreshment and doesnt drink & drive, he cant live in Scunny anymore as there is a serious shortage of cabbies due to them all emigrating with their ill gotten gains
Ill gotten? I imagine they have to put up with some dreadful people in the back of their cabs.

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 4898
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Scunthorpe

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 8, 2019, 8:58 am

747man wrote:
November 7, 2019, 6:21 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 7, 2019, 4:30 pm
Forgiotto mention.. thanks for starti g this thread Mak.

As info ..for anyone wishing to read up on the UKs leading town ..there is a site called

This is Scunthorpe ..which contains all you need to.know about tbis great place .

Link to follow

Dm.
Jon, Serious Question Mate......If it's that great,What are yer doing in Udon then ??

A good question dezzer ..
All be it SCUNTHORPE is a fantastic place there are many valid reasobs i have for re locating to Thailnd over 20 yrs ago
The main one being ..who the fook.wants to live in the Uk regardless of any.town ir city its an expensive ---- hole .. this brexit debacle confirms how poorly the country is ran .
Add on the weather dark cold winter days n nights ..n general.lifestyle differences let alone the beaufiful.females one can oggle here rather than the fat chain.smoking mingers rolling fown the high st to get another mcdonalds after picking up.there giros ..
So insum.up
I love scunny .. its.my home town but its part of my history ..i miss my daughter n grandson , the footy n mi mates real.fish n chips ..etc ..
Scunthorpe gets alot of bad press ..unwarranted IMO .. pleased mak startrd this thread to enlighten others of the beauty n serenity the town has to offer .

747 .. ..hope thats reassures you , havent you got a fare today 5555555

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10691
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Scunthorpe

Post by 747man » November 8, 2019, 11:01 am

GT93 wrote:
November 8, 2019, 2:09 am
stattointhailand wrote:
November 7, 2019, 10:40 pm
As he is partial to a bit of liquid refreshment and doesnt drink & drive, he cant live in Scunny anymore as there is a serious shortage of cabbies due to them all emigrating with their ill gotten gains
Ill gotten? I imagine they have to put up with some dreadful people in the back of their cabs.
Your'e Correct There GT93, You wouldn't believe SOME of them, Especially Scallys from Bootle,Like that Dezzer Chap !!! :shock: :shock:

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10691
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Scunthorpe

Post by 747man » November 8, 2019, 11:05 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 8, 2019, 8:58 am
747man wrote:
November 7, 2019, 6:21 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 7, 2019, 4:30 pm
Forgiotto mention.. thanks for starti g this thread Mak.

As info ..for anyone wishing to read up on the UKs leading town ..there is a site called

This is Scunthorpe ..which contains all you need to.know about tbis great place .

Link to follow

Dm.
Jon, Serious Question Mate......If it's that great,What are yer doing in Udon then ??

A good question dezzer ..
All be it SCUNTHORPE is a fantastic place there are many valid reasobs i have for re locating to Thailnd over 20 yrs ago
The main one being ..who the fook.wants to live in the Uk regardless of any.town ir city its an expensive **** hole .. this brexit debacle confirms how poorly the country is ran .
Add on the weather dark cold winter days n nights ..n general.lifestyle differences let alone the beaufiful.females one can oggle here rather than the fat chain.smoking mingers rolling fown the high st to get another mcdonalds after picking up.there giros ..
So insum.up
I love scunny .. its.my home town but its part of my history ..i miss my daughter n grandson , the footy n mi mates real.fish n chips ..etc ..
Scunthorpe gets alot of bad press ..unwarranted IMO .. pleased mak startrd this thread to enlighten others of the beauty n serenity the town has to offer .

747 .. ..hope thats reassures you , havent you got a fare today 5555555

Dm
YOU Actually MISS Scuuny United TRYING to play Football ?? Well The Mind Boggles....& NO I Ain't got any fares Today Jon There Ain't MANY Tourists to take to 'Th Airport..... :lol: :lol:

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 5922
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Scunthorpe

Post by tamada » November 8, 2019, 11:29 am

Ahhhh... the existential angst of the perpetual drunk monkey.

Pretty much the same take I have on my (much more profoundly beautiful and true northern) Scottish homeland. A great place to visit and I did at least twice a year while my ma and da were still rockin' the bingo halls. Fish and chips, footie, bevvy with pals, Indian meal, strip club then the casino until breakfast and time to go home. Driving up Royal Deeside to Balmoral for afternoon tea with Liz, or up the Spey valley, sampling whisky as you go. Golf on the links in Nairn. Cruising the Summer Isles in late August...

But the thought of parking there doesn't appeal at the moment, not with the dead inner city and the gormless eedjits barging their way between Tesco's and B&Q in their Audis and Range Rovers. Maybe when it's a lot closer to the time for me to be planted? Maybe not.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 5922
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Scunthorpe

Post by tamada » November 8, 2019, 11:30 am

vincemunday wrote:
November 6, 2019, 10:10 am
Ermmm it’s north of Watford and thus therefore North...
Mind the gap!

Post Reply

Return to “Open Forum”