The Land of Snowflakes

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Re: The Land of Snowflakes

Post by Kenr6583 » November 2, 2019, 4:54 am

So I've heard. Can you get a visa on arrival?

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 2, 2019, 8:55 am

It's a shame that the libtards spend all their time trying to belittle Trump. They are too blind to open their eyes and look at how great our economy is and the vast amount of other improvements. The democrats in our useless congress refuse to do the jobs they were elected to do. They spend all the time taxpayers are paying for to obstruct ANYTHING that would be beneficial to the country. It should be obvious that they need to make changes.

Now the libtards are going to demand that I post the facts. I know better than to try to argue with rabid democrats. The Internet is there for you to look for yourselves.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 2, 2019, 10:04 am

glalt wrote:
November 2, 2019, 8:55 am
It's a shame that the libtards spend all their time trying to belittle Trump. They are too blind to open their eyes and look at how great our economy is and the vast amount of other improvements. The democrats in our useless congress refuse to do the jobs they were elected to do. They spend all the time taxpayers are paying for to obstruct ANYTHING that would be beneficial to the country. It should be obvious that they need to make changes.

Now the libtards are going to demand that I post the facts. I know better than to try to argue with rabid democrats. The Internet is there for you to look for yourselves.
LOL. Libtard. Another 3rd grade debater here. How many bills are sitting at the Senate but the majority leader refuses to bring to a vote? 10, 20, 50, 100, 200? Do you even know? The entire government is a joke right now, both sides, and no I am not a liberal. If the POTUS could put his phone away for just one day and stay off of Twitter and stop belittling and degrading everyone from the left of his views to 4 Star Generals, maybe something positive might happen. But we all know he is incapable of this because he enjoys creating anarchy and chaos because that's what his cult followers need in order to live and breathe.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 2, 2019, 11:09 am

glalt wrote:

It's not too hard to belittle Trump, sort of like picking on the gimpy new kid in class... an analogy that should resonate with the more conservative among us. But witness the crowd when he was introduced in the WS game 5 in Washington. Yes, his ra-ra road-shows look super impressive until you consider the totally captive, invited audiences.

"Hell yeah Abner! I didn't sees ya on th' teevee but I sees y'all got yursel' a nice new MAGA cap!. Trump rocks, huh?"

I'll bet 'your' internet looks different from 'their' internet anyway. Amazing eh?

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » November 2, 2019, 11:24 am

glalt wrote:
. . . I know better than to try to argue with rabid democrats . . .
yes , be very careful mate . the mods inbox will be
set aflame with complaints . sensitive bunch here

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 2, 2019, 11:32 am

"They are too blind to open their eyes and look at how great our economy is "

Which is great for all those with shares in "the economy" but not exactly very beneficial for the millions struggling to get medical care food or a place to live for their family

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » November 2, 2019, 11:52 am

dragonz wrote:
October 31, 2019, 8:11 pm
I stand by what i say / all politicians in usa are corrupt just by the manner of the way the lobbying system works . mitt romney

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... al-183291/
I just read the Rolling Stone article. Matt Taibbi has a particular perspective on things like this. He has other issues, too, -- he famously threw a cup of coffee at a journalist who was interviewing him, then accosted the journalist as he tried to flee. He hates Goldman Sachs, and described the firm in an earlier Rolling Stone as "a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money."

In his efforts to advance his agenda in the Mitt Romney article, he has omitted some facts, exaggerated or twisted others, and presented still others in a way that, while technically accurate fact by fact, is blatantly misleading when read as a whole.

The part about Dunkin' Donuts, for example, leaves out any positive information about the company's performance. In 2018, it made a profit of over $229 million.

Matt didn't mention, for example, that Obamacare was originally a creation of Romney when he was governor of Massachusetts. Nor did he mention that while he was governor, Romney attended the funeral of every Massachusetts military person killed in the line of duty. And there was there no fanfare or press involved. He went quietly and alone, and sat at the back of the church, synagogue, etc., during the service.

And the "Hey, I’m trying to win an election. We’re all grown-ups here." quote? Apparently Matt has forgotten that Obama said the same thing, almost word-for-word, during the 2008 primary campaign against Hillary Clinton. In an interview the day after HRC made her famous "Shame on you, Barack Obama" speech, Obama replied to a question about her statement saying that Hillary knows that this is all just part of politics, "we're all grown-ups here."

Of course Romney's not perfect. But Taibbi's article about him is a good example of irresponsible reporting and a blatant smear masquerading as journalism.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 2, 2019, 12:13 pm

Look at this graph of US GDP growth for the past 10 years

It is clear that after the crash of 2008, the economy recovered with average growth a tick over 2%, Obama inherited that crash and based on this graph, did a fair job in aiding a recovery. Trump came in in 2016 and the figures after 3 years are hardly spectacular. Growth for 2020 is anticipated to trend well below the 2% mark, much of this attributed to lower farm production with the China trade war a significant factor, meanwhile the deficit has rocketed upwards.

Unemployment has been trending downwards over the same period

So any claim Trump makes on improving growth is fatuous, the massive deficit which was addressed well during the Obama era is now ballooning out of control

So what part of booming is booming. Economists are universal in their prediction that the trade war is hurting the American economy, further, growth has slowed to a point where they are predicting a recession.

I totally agree that the Chinese, with centralised control are not playing the 'open market' game, but the USA have never played the 'open market' game in the past 90 years. Quotas, tariffs, farm subsidies etc have been a feature of American protectionism all this time.. People in glass houses etc.

Trump is right that China is manipulating currency etc, but so far has not displayed any tactic to deal with it except to drive up costs to American consumers and businesses who are paying a lot to the government in tarrifs.

Trump's claims that China is paying for the tariffs is pretty thin, just like Mexico is paying for the wall.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » November 2, 2019, 12:41 pm

whatever did happen to romney ? he was certainly more statesmanlike , presidential , in short likeable . he fell under the onslaught of fake news

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 2, 2019, 8:53 pm

Mitt gives every indication that he is a politician with true conviction. Not my side of politics at all, but a man to be respected.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » November 3, 2019, 5:08 pm

Udon Map wrote:
November 2, 2019, 11:52 am
dragonz wrote:
October 31, 2019, 8:11 pm
I stand by what i say / all politicians in usa are corrupt just by the manner of the way the lobbying system works . mitt romney

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... al-183291/
I just read the Rolling Stone article. Matt Taibbi has a particular perspective on things like this. He has other issues, too, -- he famously threw a cup of coffee at a journalist who was interviewing him, then accosted the journalist as he tried to flee. He hates Goldman Sachs, and described the firm in an earlier Rolling Stone as "a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money."

In his efforts to advance his agenda in the Mitt Romney article, he has omitted some facts, exaggerated or twisted others, and presented still others in a way that, while technically accurate fact by fact, is blatantly misleading when read as a whole.

The part about Dunkin' Donuts, for example, leaves out any positive information about the company's performance. In 2018, it made a profit of over $229 million.

Matt didn't mention, for example, that Obamacare was originally a creation of Romney when he was governor of Massachusetts. Nor did he mention that while he was governor, Romney attended the funeral of every Massachusetts military person killed in the line of duty. And there was there no fanfare or press involved. He went quietly and alone, and sat at the back of the church, synagogue, etc., during the service.

And the "Hey, I’m trying to win an election. We’re all grown-ups here." quote? Apparently Matt has forgotten that Obama said the same thing, almost word-for-word, during the 2008 primary campaign against Hillary Clinton. In an interview the day after HRC made her famous "Shame on you, Barack Obama" speech, Obama replied to a question about her statement saying that Hillary knows that this is all just part of politics, "we're all grown-ups here."

Of course Romney's not perfect. But Taibbi's article about him is a good example of irresponsible reporting and a blatant smear masquerading as journalism.
yes you are probably right but that is exactly what is happening to trump . Cannot just be fake news for people who you like . I only really learned about the lobbying system this year and i have to say it is difficult to believe how usa could have such a evil corrupt system . Americans just cannot see the wood for the trees with lobbying , gun laws etc even though the whole world can they are wrong

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 12, 2019, 12:26 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
November 1, 2019, 10:30 am
Can you give me a quick guide on how to paste a link here?
Past the URL or click the link (chain) icon in the full editor
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Return to “Open Forum”