Yes it really happened

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: Yes it really happened

Post by Doodoo » January 16, 2022, 5:50 pm

AH Jack
"This statistic shows the global Coca-Cola brand value 2006-2019. In 2019, the value amounted close to 81 billion U.S. dollars, up from 0 billion a year earlier. " I quoted Business worth

Now for Post It same numbers "Fry intended them to serve as bookmarks for his choir music that wouldn’t rip the pages. Post-its are now in nearly every office, to the great joy of 3M, which was worth $126.1 billion in 2019"

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 16, 2022, 6:39 pm

Giggle wrote:
January 15, 2022, 4:28 pm
The British military is a joke. They are completely dependent on others to protect them. Women.
Khun Paul wrote:
January 16, 2022, 3:37 pm
Another American Moron, must have a breeding ground somewhere
He's flaming you, sir. He drops that post in to elicit a response from former servicemen like you and me. See it for what it is. :D
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 16, 2022, 6:45 pm

I could careless about Google
I was just coming with imformation that Women provide the Forces when needed resiurces and personnel

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 16, 2022, 6:46 pm

OK, no worries.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » January 16, 2022, 7:00 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
January 16, 2022, 3:19 pm

Am I missing something here? Before he entered the aviation industry ....... What industry are the RAF part of ?? the "Marine Industry" perhaps :shock:
i think in this instance , he was initially a military
flyer( an understatement , served r.a.f. for years

and then later, in the private, commercial sector

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 16, 2022, 7:32 pm

Doodoo wrote:
January 16, 2022, 5:50 pm
AH Jack
"This statistic shows the global Coca-Cola brand value 2006-2019. In 2019, the value amounted close to 81 billion U.S. dollars, up from 0 billion a year earlier. " I quoted Business worth

Now for Post It same numbers "Fry intended them to serve as bookmarks for his choir music that wouldn’t rip the pages. Post-its are now in nearly every office, to the great joy of 3M, which was worth $126.1 billion in 2019"
You are comparing apples and coconuts.

Above, you have compared Coca-Cola's brand value, with 3M's market capitalisation.

They are totally different animals.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 16, 2022, 8:03 pm

Over my head, I'm afraid. I was at the back of the class when it came to Maths and arithmetic. :D

DooDoo, are you happy with Jack's explanation or do we need to run through it again?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 16, 2022, 8:16 pm

Earnest wrote:
January 16, 2022, 8:03 pm
Over my head, I'm afraid. I was at the back of the class when it came to Maths and arithmetic. :D
I know what you mean - I struggled mightily with algebra, trigonometry and calculus. :D

Despite that, I seemed to do OK with logic. :-k

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 16, 2022, 9:16 pm

Me too, a merit at college for Digital Techniques phase. No problem with AND Gates or NAND Gates.

I think I've been thrown out of Udon Social for fat shaming the members, I can't get in today.

Yes, it's really happened. :(

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » January 16, 2022, 9:25 pm

Earnest wrote:
January 16, 2022, 9:16 pm
Me too, a merit at college for Digital Techniques phase. No problem with AND Gates or NAND Gates.

I think I've been thrown out of Udon Social for fat shaming the members, I can't get in today.

Yes, it's really happened. :(
The same thing happened to me for different reasons at Udon Talk. That forum seems to be off limits these days.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 16, 2022, 10:58 pm

More on Inventions

Cell phone
Martin Cooper, an electrical engineer working for Motorola, invented the first mobile cell phone in 1973. Ten years later, the DynaTAC 8000x was rolled out to consumers, and even at a price of $3,995 per unit, was a huge success. Cooper then founded his own cell phone company, CBSI, which he later sold to Cincinnati Bell for $23 million.

Band-Aid bandages
Earle Dickson, who worked as a cotton buyer for Johnson and Johnson, invented Band-Aids in 1920 for his accident-prone wife, Josephine, in New Brunswick, New Jersey. Dickson brought his idea to his boss, and soon the sticky bandages were a bestseller and he was named a vice-president of the company. The Band-Aid brand was worth $30 million in 2018.

Bottle cap (crown cork)
In 1891, William Painter of Baltimore invented a better cap to seal bottles containing carbonated liquids: the crown cork, a metal lid lined with cork. He also developed a foot-powered device to press caps onto bottles quickly and effectively. Crown Cork and Seal still exists today (making metal cans for beverages) with annual revenue of over $11 billion in 2018.

The pocket electronic calculator
If you’ve ever taken a calculus exam, thank Jack Kilby and his research group at Texas Instruments, who invented the handheld calculator in 1967. The machine used an integrated chip, a then-new technology using transistors made from a single crystal. Texas Instruments has sold calculators to millions of students (and accountants), and the company is worth $108.4 billion today.

Was Great Molasses Flood caused by temperature complications or human error?

The Great Molasses Flood, also known as the Boston Molasses Disaster, was a disaster that occurred on January 15, 1919, in the North End neighborhood of Boston, Massachusetts.

A large storage tank filled with 2.3 million US gal (8,700 m3) of molasses, weighing approximately 13,000 short tons (12,000 t), burst, and the resultant wave of molasses rushed through the streets at an estimated 35 mph (56 km/h), killing 21 and injuring 150.[5] The event entered local folklore and residents claimed for decades afterwards that the area still smelled of molasses on hot summer days.
Was Great Molasses Flood caused by temperature complications or human error?

Myth: Bleach is best
Sorry to burst your cleaning bubble: Though most people associate the smell of bleach with clean, bleach doesn't really even clean at all. It disinfects, kills germs, and can whiten stains, but it doesn't clean dirt and grime from surfaces. So if you're looking to whiten your shirt or rinse away bacteria from that raw chicken in your sink, then bleach is your way to go. However, if you're trying to remove the grit from your bathtub, you'll need an actual cleaning product, preferably something with some texture, like baking soda.

Myth: Newspaper will give you streak-free glass
You've probably seen your grandparents use newspaper to clean mirrors and glass and wondered if what if this old-school strategy actually works. Well, yes, and no. Yes, because newspaper at one time was made of out papers and ink that did indeed leave mirrors and glasses streak-free. Sadly, newspaper today is made out of completely different materials that actually leave streaks on your mirrors. Trying using rubbing alcohol or a glass cleaner with a microfibre cloth.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 16, 2022, 11:08 pm

"A large storage tank filled with 2.3 million US gal (8,700 m3) of molasses, weighing approximately 13,000 short tons (12,000 t), burst, and the resultant wave of molasses rushed through the streets at an estimated 35 mph (56 km/h), killing 21 and injuring 150.[5] The event entered local folklore and residents claimed for decades afterwards that the area still smelled of molasses on hot summer days.
Was Great Molasses Flood caused by temperature complications or human error?"

not open to question .... it WAS a badly designed tank that was an accident waiting to happen (google The History guy on youtube who did a prog for the 100th anniv)

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 17, 2022, 5:27 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
January 16, 2022, 9:25 pm

The same thing happened to me for different reasons at Udon Talk. That forum seems to be off limits these days.

I only popped across to say hello to Alan, I'm marooned.

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » January 17, 2022, 1:34 pm

Earnest wrote:

you do that a lot. your paunch will drop eventually
i was reading about " rucking" last evening. im
intrigued . but then im already carrying xtra weight

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 17, 2022, 10:26 pm

Potato chips
The invention of the potato chip is shrouded in mystery: An oft-repeated origin story about a chef in upstate New York has been debunked, and the identity of the true originator is lost to history. However, Herman Lay was the first to market chips nationwide in the USA, and made himself a fortune. They’re still a moneymaker: Frito-Lay generated sales of $1.82 billion for PepsiCo in 2018.

What was the first country to exceed one billion population

A- China
B_ USA
C_ India
D_ Soviet Union

Do not drink daily

Fruit Juice
While you might believe fruit juice packs in a ton of vitamins and minerals, the high sugar content of this drink makes this beverage particularly tricky to navigate. Many bottles of juice we commonly find on shelves rely on a watered-down concentrate mixed with water to form the beverage, and contain as much sugar as a soda due to added sugar content and the naturally high amount of sugar found in fruit.

Doctors recommend that children severely limit their juice intake per day thanks to the incredibly high sugar content and eating an orange with a glass of water provides more nutrients than drinking a glass of orange juice with pulp. Next time you reach for some juice, take a moment and keep the sugar count of this drink in mind. Here are 10 Fruit Juices to Always Leave on Grocery Store Shelves

ANSWER

A- China

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 18, 2022, 3:12 am

Ah, the highlight of my evening. Yes, I imagine there's lots of sugar in fruit juice. It could send the kids as bonkers as Alan when he ODs on Smarties.
pepesgrill wrote:
January 17, 2022, 1:34 pm
Earnest wrote:

you do that a lot. your paunch will drop eventually
i was reading about " rucking" last evening. im
intrigued . but then im already carrying xtra weight
Fat people are funny, Cali.

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » January 18, 2022, 9:10 am

oh , it's easy to put those kilo's on. and then nightmarish to get them off. i'm into the early
a.m. walking like so many others. it works.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 18, 2022, 9:19 am

years ago my early am walk to the cafe for a full English & a pint didnt seem to make much of a difference

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 18, 2022, 2:33 pm

pepesgrill wrote:
January 18, 2022, 9:10 am
oh , it's easy to put those kilo's on. and then nightmarish to get them off. i'm into the early
a.m. walking like so many others. it works.
What happened to weight training and other fizz you used to do at the Ban Chiang hotel gym?

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » January 18, 2022, 2:58 pm

covid happened. i sometimes play with construction blocks in towel or bottles of ( as kettlebell
water even. but lively walking thing that helps 8-[

Return to “Open Forum”