Yes it really happened

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
AlexO
udonmap.com

Re: Yes it really happened

Post by AlexO » May 1, 2022, 2:28 pm

pepesgrill wrote:
May 1, 2022, 1:19 pm
whatever happened with trumps golf course in
scotland? you do know his mom is 100% scot
still, a bit of a ballsy venture :? i'll look that up

Both
golf courses doing as well as any other course in Scotland given the Covid restriction over the last two years I believe.
PS
Scotland and Scot are spelled with a capital S, you must have skipped school the day they taught grammar at your school. If his mother is a Scot then it is mum, mother or Ma not bloody "mom"

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » May 1, 2022, 2:47 pm

Do you play Golf, Cali? I could never get to grips with it.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 1, 2022, 3:20 pm

AlexO wrote:
May 1, 2022, 2:28 pm
pepesgrill wrote:
May 1, 2022, 1:19 pm
whatever happened with trumps golf course in
scotland? you do know his mom is 100% scot
still, a bit of a ballsy venture :? i'll look that up

Both
golf courses doing as well as any other course in Scotland given the Covid restriction over the last two years I believe.
PS
Scotland and Scot are spelled with a capital S, you must have skipped school the day they taught grammar at your school. If his mother is a Scot then it is mum, mother or Ma not bloody "mom"
Don't forget the demerits Alex. Our pepe's big on demerits at the moment.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 1, 2022, 3:35 pm

I thought pre-Covid Trump was already losing millions with his golf courses in Scotland? After all he has a long record of business failures. Golf is in serious shxt in Scotland if other courses are now doing as poorly.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 1, 2022, 3:44 pm

If they get their way you will need a Scotland Pass with your vac/insurance and hotel booking before you get a Visa to enter from England

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » May 1, 2022, 11:09 pm

Where's my daily fix of DooDoo's facts of the day?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 1, 2022, 11:47 pm

UNETHICAL HUMAN EXPERIMENTS
Triplets separated for science
Determining what development is innate versus acquired—“nature versus nurture”—has always fascinated researchers. As they share the same genetic makeup, twins have been the subject of many studies in this area. But it’s difficult to understand how triplets could be separated at birth—without their adoptive parents knowing—for the sole goal of being analyzed by a psychoanalyst with dubious ethics. This is what happened to Bobby Shafran, Eddy Galland, and David Kellman, three brothers who were the subject of a study in the 1960s by Dr. Peter Neubauer. The three brothers met by chance at university 19 years later. One of them, Eddy Galland, took his own life. The story of this experiment is told in the documentary Three Identical Strangers.

The Stanford Prison Experiment
In 1971, the American psychologist Philip Zimbardo wanted to demonstrate that certain social situations can induce behaviours that go against an individual’s personal values, especially in a prison environment. Eighteen subjects were selected and randomly separated into two categories: prisoners and guards. The subjects in the study quickly adapted to their roles and the guards developed authoritarian behaviours, despite nothing justifying their position of authority. The prisoners, on the other hand, accepted the cruel treatment despite being allowed to leave the study at any time. This study inspired the 2015 film The Stanford Prison Experiment

Slaves as guinea pigs
James Marion Sims, known as the father of gynecology and the inventor of the speculum (the cold, intrusive object used to observe the interior of the vagina), abused black slave women by conducting experiments on them in 19th-century United States. These women, who were operated on without anesthesia, could not refuse to be experimented on—the approval of their “owners” was sufficient.

The Monster Study
In 1939, 22 orphans in Iowa were subjected to an experiment on stuttering and language development. Divided into two groups, the children received different forms of therapy—positive and negative. While half of them were encouraged and congratulated for their fluency in speaking, the other half were humiliated for every little mistake in their speech.

Some of the children who received the negative reinforcement developed language difficulties and psychological scars that lasted their entire lives. The study was deemed so troubling that the peers of its author, Dr. Wendell Johnson, referred to it as the Monster Study. In 2007, seven of the subjects received financial compensation from the University of Iowa for the trauma they endured.

M&M’s stands for Mars and Murrie
Ever wondered what M&M’s stands for? The answer is Mars and Murrie, referring to Forrest Mars (the son of the founder of Mars, Frank Mars) and Bruce Murrie (the son of longtime Hershey President William Murrie). The unlikely pair went into business together at the start of the Second World War in 1939. Nowadays, the brands are archrivals.

The idea for M&M’s came from Spain
To understand where the idea came from, we have to rewind a few years. Fed up with his father, Forrest Mars moved to Europe to set up his own business and, on a trip to Southern Spain (possibly accompanied by Rowntree who launched Smarties) he saw soldiers eating chocolate. At the time, warm weather was a problem for the chocolate industry, but these candies had sugar shells that prevented them from melting. This is where Mars got the ingenious idea from and the slogan “melts in your mouth, not in your hand”.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » May 2, 2022, 12:02 am

I wonder if anyone has performed an unethical experiment on someone using M&Ms?

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 2, 2022, 4:31 am

GT93 wrote:
May 1, 2022, 3:35 pm
I thought pre-Covid Trump was already losing millions with his golf courses in Scotland? .. . . .
i suspect you're right . purchased for supposedly
60 million £ , and3x that again spent to bring it up
to par. turnberry looks like a glorious scot mistake

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 2, 2022, 8:37 am

Earnest wrote:
May 2, 2022, 12:02 am
I wonder if anyone has performed an unethical experiment on someone using M&Ms?
Not sure but there's really no need to use a cold speculum these days.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 2, 2022, 8:48 am

pepesgrill wrote:
May 2, 2022, 4:31 am
GT93 wrote:
May 1, 2022, 3:35 pm
I thought pre-Covid Trump was already losing millions with his golf courses in Scotland? .. . . .
i suspect you're right . purchased for supposedly
60 million £ , and3x that again spent to bring it up
to par. turnberry looks like a glorious scot mistake
His other Scottish golf misadventure just north of Aberdeen was enabled by the Supreme High Dodginess of the SNP at the time, his Arse-holeyness Alec Salmond. The local cooncil had already rejected planning permission but Holyrood recalled their decision and ultimately gave Trump the green light.

In the ensuing years and after Trump reneged on the contractual committment (promise?) to build housing as part of getting the approval, Salmond for his part was regretful of being duped by a greater arsehole than himself. When Trump objected to an offshore windfarm claiming it would devalue his golfers views of the cold, grey waters of the North Sea, the government took the cooncil's side and approved the environmental eyesore.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 2, 2022, 9:02 am

nothing against turnberry , glowing reviews on
' net of lavish expenditures and upgrades. i gather
it has historical significance and it's breathtaking

but .. . . . a few appreciative guests here and there
i've no idea how it stays open. or if it is even open

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 2, 2022, 10:00 pm

M&M's

Initially only the military could have them
Another surprising fact about the candy favorite: in the beginning it was only available to the military. The tubes of chocolate were included in soldiers' rations and were ideal as they didn’t melt and could be resealed. It wasn’t until later in the decade that civilians could get their hands on them.

Billions of M&M’s are produced every day
The world has a serious appetite for these colorful candies and there are factories in both Hackettstown, New Jersey, and Cleveland, Tennessee. According to an employee at the Hackettstown branch, the NJ factory produces approximately two billion M&M's every eight hours.

What a way to go

Killer bird
In 2011, a man died during an illegal cockfight in California. The owner had apparently strapped a knife/razor to the bird's leg, so the cockerel accidentally slashed the man fatally.

NUMBER OF SUBMARINES (there are more just not on the list)

North Korea 75
China 74
USA 69
Russia 59
Japan 22
South Korea 22
Iran 19
India 16
Turkey 12
Greece 11
United Kingdom 10
France 10
Italy 8
Egypt 8
Germany 6
Australia 6

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 3, 2022, 9:34 am

trump intl links aberdeen is the other. not exactly
slumming. but also a 5 star. quite magnificent in
photos. yes, i can't imagine a large windfarm helps

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 3, 2022, 9:40 am

I am so sick of hearing about Trump, I wish he would just go quietly into the night.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 4, 2022, 8:36 am

The Wonders of Australia

Kangaroos outnumber people in Australia

Dendrocnide moroides, commonly known in Australia as the stinging tree, stinging bush or gympie-gympie, is a plant in the nettle family Urticaceae found in rainforest areas of Malesia and Australia.[3] It is notorious for its extremely painful and long-lasting sting. The common name gympie-gympie comes from the language of the indigenous Gubbi Gubbi people of south-eastern Queensland.
D. moroides is notorious for its extremely painful sting which may leave victims suffering for weeks or even months. It is reputed to be the most venomous plant in Australia, if not the world.[10][16][17] After contact with the plant the victim will feel an immediate severe burning and stinging at the site of contact, which then intensifies further over the next 20 to 30 minutes and will last from hours to several days before subsiding.[3][17][20] During this time the victim may get little sleep due to the intensity of the pain.[3] In severe cases it may cause urticaria, and the lymph glands under the arms may swell and become painful,[3][17][20] and there have been rare cases of hospitalisation

The recipe isn't as secret as you think
Coca-Cola makes a big deal about its recipe being a closely-guarded secret, going as far to say that it’s locked in a high-security vault in Atlanta (pictured). But in 2011, This American Life published what it believed to be the recipe, found in a 130-year-old notebook belonging to the inventor's best friend. The drink's 15 ingredients include cinnamon, neroli, coriander and nutmeg oil. Coca-Cola insisted, if anything, this was an old recipe

Ramen Noodle Packs consumption, 95 Billion Packs peryear

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 4, 2022, 9:17 am

(pictured)
1119_AnswersCokeFormula_CocaCola_courtesy.jpg
The Vault that Doodoo forgot
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 4, 2022, 10:33 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
May 3, 2022, 9:40 am
I am so sick of hearing about Trump, I wish he would just go quietly into the night.
it will never end . go on for all eternity . plus +1

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 4, 2022, 10:37 am

Thanks Mother Tam

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 5, 2022, 5:33 am

hhmmnn this is like the colonels secret fried
chicken recipe. likely locked in vault somewheres