Retiring Overseas

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
RLTrader
udonmap.com

Re: Retiring Overseas

Post by RLTrader » August 12, 2019, 3:07 pm

Stantheman wrote:
July 24, 2019, 4:49 am
RLTrader wrote:
July 23, 2019, 5:26 pm
FrazeeDK wrote:
July 23, 2019, 4:50 pm
but, other than people processing their initial claims to draw Social Security overseas how do they know? I applied while in the States, my SS goes directly to my Credit Union in the States. If anything I'd say it is an undercount..
Same here with one exception, claimed here over internet using TOR, funds go to US bank account. Only way they know I am here is thru chip in passport & Embassy in Bangkok.
Don't think the chip in your passport knows where you are, it's just used as a security measure and speeds immigration processing. As for Embassy dought they know unless you registered with them as to your location.
:lol:

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Re: Retiring Overseas

Post by FrazeeDK » August 13, 2019, 1:28 pm

seeing as how the embassy doesn't do uncalled for health and welfare checks on American citizens registered in Thailand, they wouldn't have a clue if any of the registrations are even valid anymore.. I'm sure they gleaned some info from interfacing with many expat Americans at American Citizen Services outreach events but..since they no longer do income affadavits (the bulk of their work) and don't do ACS outreach anymore, they're pretty much clueless...
Dave

Return to “Open Forum”