Vlogging rules in the future.

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
SJP17
udonmap.com

Vlogging rules in the future.

Post by SJP17 » March 24, 2019, 8:02 pm

Do you think we will see future privacy rules/laws on people vlogging in Thailand and also world wide ?

They dont bother me to be honest but i did have one incident in Hua Hin where we were sitting having our evening meal, Then a Vlogger started filming us and asking questions. To his credit he did stop when i said were having a private meal and dont want filmed.

Whats your thought's on this ?

Natas

Re: Vlogging rules in the future.

Post by Natas » March 24, 2019, 8:06 pm

SJP17 wrote:
March 24, 2019, 8:02 pm
Do you think we will see future privacy rules/laws on people vlogging in Thailand and also world wide ?

They dont bother me to be honest but i did have one incident in Hua Hin where we were sitting having our evening meal, Then a Vlogger started filming us and asking questions. To his credit he did stop when i said were having a private meal and dont want filmed.

Who was it?

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 25, 2019, 12:42 pm

The vlogger was a cheeky drongo and you handled it well.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » March 25, 2019, 3:06 pm

Natas wrote:
March 24, 2019, 8:06 pm
SJP17 wrote:

Who was it?
Not sure, all he said was that he was doing holiday guide vlog for Thailand but i couldnt find him on youtube but there are loads so he might be there.

Natas

Post by Natas » March 25, 2019, 3:13 pm

SJP17 wrote:
March 25, 2019, 3:06 pm
Natas wrote:
SJP17 wrote:

Who was it?
Not sure, all he said was that he was doing holiday guide vlog for Thailand but i couldnt find him on youtube but there are loads so he might be there.
Basically if someone captures your image and posts it on the net in a 1st World Nation. If you did NOT sign a Model release. Well ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_release
Same for Video.
https://www.istockphoto.com This site for example sells Stock Image and Video you can purchase to use without Legal issues.
The Vlogger should know better. There does seem to be alot of them in Thailand.

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » March 25, 2019, 4:21 pm

Natas wrote:
March 25, 2019, 3:13 pm
SJP17 wrote:
March 25, 2019, 3:06 pm
Natas wrote:
SJP17 wrote:

Who was it?
Basically if someone captures your image and posts it on the net in a 1st World Nation. If you did NOT sign a Model release. Well ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_release
Same for Video.
https://www.istockphoto.com This site for example sells Stock Image and Video you can purchase to use without Legal issues.
The Vlogger should know better. There does seem to be alot of them in Thailand.
Thanks for that.

Yes the guy did seem a bit shocked that i asked him to stop filming us, when he walked up it kind of took me by surprise, i was chatting with my wife and i initially thought it was the waiting staff, then i looked around and seen a guy standing there pointing a camera at us with the opening line "What did you have and how is it ?"

Return to “Open Forum”