Village Bin Collections.

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
stereolab
udonmap.com

Village Bin Collections.

Post by stereolab » March 14, 2019, 12:20 pm

Last week, our Tessaban (sp.), removed each and every bin in the village. Bins had previously been collected, almost on a daily basis, an excellent service. Plastic bottles, glass etc was collected by an old man pedaling his tri-cycle. Now with no bins, litter and debris has started to accumulate, even when bins were available debris was in abundance. We now have on almost every Soi, a large blue bin in which we are apparently meant to place our kitchen food waste. The stink from these bins is over-whelming. Naturally complaints are flooding in, the potential health hazard, rats etc is obvious. A meeting was held yesterday but no outcome as of yet. watch out, this little piece of progress may visit your neck of the woods.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Re: Village Bin Collections.

Post by mech_401 » March 14, 2019, 1:29 pm

lemme guess , a special contract was awarded
for new bins *wink* , *nudge* , and perfectly adequate yellow drums no longer in use.

i still marvel at plastic exercise equip at every
municipal park. sometime 3 sets of it. nearly
useless . what a racket that was :-s

stereolab
udonmap.com

Post by stereolab » March 14, 2019, 2:06 pm

mech_401 wrote:
March 14, 2019, 1:29 pm
lemme guess , a special contract was awarded
for new bins *wink* , *nudge* , and perfectly adequate yellow drums no longer in use.

i still marvel at plastic exercise equip at every
municipal park. sometime 3 sets of it. nearly
useless . what a racket that was :-s
Yes indeed, we have 3 of these on the riverfront, the oldest of them being in a terrible condition, downright dangerous. It appears that no-one takes care or responsibility after installation.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 14, 2019, 8:09 pm

we live in Nong Bua, Moo Ban #3 and they haven't touched our bins yet.. And, considering they never deigned to give us one of the Tessaban big yellow ones we had to buy our own.... Our trash pickup used to be regular but nowadays can be once or twice a week or nought...
Dave

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 14, 2019, 10:54 pm

Wow the hiso style coloured bin UM team members are lucky, but maybe not any more. For some reason we just have the very adequate black inverted truck tyre bins. Not a coloured bin within cooee.
Hope it stays that way.
Any excess rubbish just burn it, I say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stereolab
udonmap.com

Post by stereolab » March 15, 2019, 7:29 am

Barney wrote:
March 14, 2019, 10:54 pm
Wow the hiso style coloured bin UM team members are lucky, but maybe not any more. For some reason we just have the very adequate black inverted truck tyre bins. Not a coloured bin within cooee.
Hope it stays that way.
Any excess rubbish just burn it, I say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In my initial post, I forgot to mention that we had up until removal, the inverted black truck tyre bins that Barney mentions. Some of them were coloured. The next village along from us has retained these bins. I think visitor numbers are up in that village.

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Post by Jing Jing » March 15, 2019, 8:13 am

We live inside Muang Udon and have the same confused mess of garbage bins. We have the recycled tire bin but most of the other houses on the soi do not. There is one large barrel that serves a group of houses. One time the trash workers came and removed one of two barrels and replaced it with a tire bin. :confused: This was illogical since both barrel were always full.

The biggest problem is the leaves and tree trimmings. Putting them in the trash containers leaves no room for garbage. Lately I have been placing them in a large plastic bag and when the trash truck comes I empty the bag. Recycle! There is also an area near the barrels where people have been placing larger branches. The trash people come and remove them.

We place our house waste inside recycled plastic bags. Unfortunately, the brain dead recycle people rip open the bags and empty the contents :evil: The kitchen scraps I put in a bin in the yard to make mulch for the plants.

We now pay 20 ฿ a month for garbage service.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 15, 2019, 9:25 am

Two or three years ago, I stopped by the tetsabahn to pay our garbage bill.......while there, I asked if they were going to distribute the newer containers with lids/wheels. Ten minutes later, I walked away with a new blue container.
On a few occasions over the years, the collectors didn't make their weekly run to our part of the village. A few times, the village truck broke down, other times the delay was because of a major holiday....and other times, the driver missed our soi.....but came back after I called.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » March 15, 2019, 5:07 pm

After some 17 years of disposing of our own rubbish (most burnt -plastics n all- the rest taken to our Tambon dump site) the OrBorTor fronted up with a brand new compacting garbage truck. Each household was issued with a recycled tyre bin and the dump was closed down with a big sign saying there was a 1000 Baht fine for anyone caught using it. 20 Baht a month is/was charged for the service.

Well 12 months or so down the track, the truck only works a few days a week (usually broken down) and hardly ever works on a Monday, either a Budda day or public holiday!!! Guess whose village is slated for a Monday pick up? The're to stupid to start where they finished = a Monday village is just that! We could go up to 5 weeks between collections and the soi dogs are/were having a ball.

We now have a couple of young, enterprising boys who have done up an old bike with side car and take the bins away to empty em (I'm guessing the dump) for 10 Baht. TW REFUSES to pay the OrBorTor's bill.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Return to “Open Forum”