folding phones

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
papafarang
udonmap.com

folding phones

Post by papafarang » February 25, 2019, 7:53 am

just seen the second folding phone being released by huawei ,so now Samsung and Huawei are both going for the high end market.they do look good but eye watering prices, mind you top of the range iPhone is up there too with stupid prices and a design that looks dated and cheap. seems china's technology is out doing the wests now days.

Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Chriss
udonmap.com

Re: folding phones

Post by Chriss » March 4, 2019, 8:58 am

Samsung folding phone initially quoted at over $2,000 on release.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » March 4, 2019, 10:09 am

shocking prices for these things, but 18 months later they drop 75%
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » March 4, 2019, 1:35 pm

What ever next, once my current smart phone dies i am going back to the Samsung Hero basic mobile, may even go a step further and have no mobile phone.

20 years now since i got my first mobile, been using smart phone for about 3 years now, it is a handy gadget for internet, banking , instant messaging, holidays but i think on a whole i prefered life back in the good old days with no phone.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 4, 2019, 6:01 pm

SJP17 wrote:
March 4, 2019, 1:35 pm
What ever next, once my current smart phone dies i am going back to the Samsung Hero basic mobile, may even go a step further and have no mobile phone.

20 years now since i got my first mobile, been using smart phone for about 3 years now, it is a handy gadget for internet, banking , instant messaging, holidays but i think on a whole i prefered life back in the good old days with no phone.
Yes agree ..all be it a must for business it seems phones n more so smart phones have taken over some folks lives .. the art of conversation is dying and every where you look phones phones phones .. i even saw a local bin dipper chatting away with his head in the bin thinking hes a fruitcake but then he appeared he was talking on a phone ... :shock:

i much prefered life before the phone.

A good friend of mine a very successful UK based entrepenuer once said .. the sign of a successful businessman IS NOT needing a phone.. never thought about it but he was spot .
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 4, 2019, 7:02 pm

As for the $2000 price: My first printer.....a 9 pin Epson in 1983 or 2....cost $600. That was a steal, as it cost $800 just a few months earlier. My first floppy drive....$800. That's the price of technology.

I'd give up my desktop and my tablet before I'd let go of my smartphone. But then, I'm not raising kids....thank God!

Return to “Open Forum”