Optician Recommendation Please

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Chriss
udonmap.com

Optician Recommendation Please

Post by Chriss » October 3, 2018, 7:06 am

It's that time again to replace my progressive lenses, went to my usual optician Top Charleon, 2 years + ago cost 7,500 bht, this quote 17,000 bht.

Any personal optician recommendations greatly recieved.

macca46
udonmap.com

Re: Optician Recommendation Please

Post by macca46 » October 3, 2018, 8:15 am

For my last pair of glasses I used Chula Optical on the opposite side of the road to Immigration and about midway between Imm. and Bangkok Bank good optician fair prices you can barter on the price I paid 9500 for new titanium frames with German progressive lens.

TicToc
udonmap.com

Post by TicToc » October 3, 2018, 9:19 am

Try the new place in Central on 2nd Floor,i think it is called Owndays.
Just found this.
owndays.JPG

Muni2
udonmap.com

Post by Muni2 » October 3, 2018, 10:23 am

My daughters always use a small shop on the 3rd floor of the Complex, between CROC's & SuperSport. They're the only place I've seen that actually measured the length of the frame arms and checked where the eyes focus thru the lens. They're very friendly and offer free cleaning & adjustments. They are open to bargaining with various promotions. Note: My kids speak Thai so I'm not sure about their English ability

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » October 3, 2018, 10:26 am

Yup, Owndays in Centan is very good, & inexpensive. Had a thorough eye test, & got some decent farang proof glasses for 2k baht.

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » October 4, 2018, 6:35 am

Thank you all, I had another recommendation for Owndays plus one other for A Creation on Sri Suk opposite the Post Office. Will be in the city today to visit these shops.

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » October 4, 2018, 7:27 am

For an optician, Udon Optical. For a more thorough exam by an optometrist, Udon Eye Clinic. You can google both for location. I have been to both and was satisfied with service and prices.

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » October 5, 2018, 11:52 am

From my post above, Owndays quoted me lenses start at 4.990 bht, rising with the degree of power for your personal prescription then there is an additional 3,000 bht for progressive lenses and another 3,000 bht for light transition (darkens in the sunlight)... There's over 10k Bht before I have a test.... Next stop A Creation, which is actually the business next door to the optician, Prajak Optical, very helpful staff, the Optician himself is very personable with excellent English, and a Dutch accent. Full test was free, options of various lenses within the Hoya range, no pressure to buy the most expensive product. There is a good range of frames, of which I didn't need. All in all a very pleasant experience with Prajak Optical.

https://www.facebook.com/prajakopticalud/

Prajak Shopping Mall, SriSuk Road. Opposite the Sri Suk Post Office.

TicToc
udonmap.com

Post by TicToc » October 5, 2018, 2:51 pm

So 11000 baht at Owndays,how much for same at Prajak
Optical.

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » October 5, 2018, 3:59 pm

Can't say what the final price would be at Owndays, the 4,990 bht was starting price. I have quite a strong prescription so that would increase somewhat. As for Prajak I chose a higher grade of lens which were more expensive, for me all in 12,000 bht. A lesser grade would have been around 9,000..

TicToc
udonmap.com

Post by TicToc » October 5, 2018, 4:03 pm

Ok thanks.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » October 5, 2018, 5:09 pm

I have been using Udon Optical for the past 8 years and have sent many of my friends there and all have been totally satisfied. It's a family business and the optometrist is Manit and he speaks excellent English. He graduated with a degree in Optometry and he has the latest equipment in his office. He has excellent prices and never tries to "upsell" anyone. You pick the frames you like and he'll show you the various grades of lens and then make you a great deal on your selections. I promise you he'll treat you right! I have total confidence in Manit and his entire staff.

Head west of Phosri Road and his shop is on the left just 75 meters before the circle. His number is 042 223 068 and tell him Patrick sent you. Click on the map below to enlarge it.
Attachments
Udon Optical.PNG
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » October 5, 2018, 6:32 pm

I'd avoid the one in the corner of Tesco Lotus in UD Town (KT Optical). I bought some super expensive, genuine RayBans in the UK & after wiping the lenses on my t shirt a few times thought I'd treat them to one of those little optical cloths. 500 ****** baht they wanted :shock:
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

Return to “Open Forum”