Never Forget.

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Earnest
udonmap.com

Re: Never Forget.

Post by Earnest » September 11, 2021, 5:06 pm

Agreed.

This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » September 12, 2021, 6:06 am

It is a day etched in my memory. I was having a day off work and was watching the news. At that point it switched to the twin towers, at that point even the cause of the fire in the first tower was not certain. 10 minutes later the second plane came into view, and i watched, horrified, knowing what would happen. My wife and a cousin both had friends working there.
Much pain and misery has stalked the world ever since.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 12, 2021, 7:17 am

It is as they say a DAY tinged with sadness and grief but it also changed our view internationally of what we now call terrorism. The hatred spewed out towards all Muslims in particular, mony of whom I am sure also view this day with sadness.
20 years of Combat and loss of life followed and for what one might well ask , was it a sop to the terrifying actions on that day or an attempt to impose our standards on another nation . True the inital game was to kill the Ringleader but Al Quaeda like the Taliban is like Medusa, cut off one head another grows.
It has been the start and will continue to bedevil all of us Religious Extremists have for Centuries upset the status quo and thwarted many a nations quest for peace and I would suggest that it will continue toi do so , long after all of us have passed away, leaving our descendants to deal with the same problem maybe in a different way.

My thoughts are with those who lost family members and to those who now suffer because of that day and subsequent dyas since. The world is certainly not as safe as it was and maybe just maybe we are all responsible for allowing this situation to continue by use in some cases of inflamatory rhetoric .

Nothing can bring back those departed or even heal the many injuries thousands have suffered from, but a change in tactics and mindset mightr just make it better for our children and children's children, we all owe them that.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 12, 2021, 7:27 am

Two of my friends, both Americans, have birthdays on 9/11. This juxtaposition is currently being assuaged with and respected by lashings of tequila.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » September 12, 2021, 9:27 am

It's safer to focus on 9/11 than the 20 years that followed.

I see the president following after Obama wasn't able to attend any formal commemorations. He was offering some commentary at a boxing match in Florida. WTF? There seems to be something wrong with that guy.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 12, 2021, 9:34 am

No, Mr T didnt attend the 9/11 ceremony because it wasnt about him He would have had to play second fiddle to the warriors who fought that day and days after

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 12, 2021, 1:09 pm

I was reading an article about 9/11 and how the war in Afghanistan started only because the WTC attack was hatched in Afghanistan rather than perpetrated by Afghani people. Even the funding was from Saudi Arabian entities and not Afghan. But lets go kick their asses anyway. By the same broad brush of ultimately misplaced culpability, the longevity of 'The Troubles' in Ireland could be partially attributed to the decades of money raising in the US.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 12, 2021, 5:13 pm

Why not the seppos hate the limeys

Khun Paul
udonmap.com