Proud to be English

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Proud to be English

Post by vincemunday » June 5, 2018, 5:00 pm

Fortunately my family are quite respectful as I am to them and never call me farang, in fact they've corrected other people who have and told them "Chang Noi Ungit", Chang Noi being the nickname I seem to acquired, prefixed with Loong or Da depending who's speaking with me.

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » June 5, 2018, 5:22 pm

Giggle wrote:
June 4, 2018, 9:12 pm
Nope, all the dross and scum and filth you've welcomed in for decades, and all the domestic garbage who are born into the horrific state are yours. Own it.
You're a ****.

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » June 5, 2018, 6:05 pm

interestingly there is a new topic "why won't she marry me" in the relationship forum just below this one .this illustrates quite clearly the difficulty in understanding the Thai way of thinking . It is so different to ours that it almost makes it impossible to totally understand them, actually it's as though they are on a totally different planet. To asssimilate fully would mean changing our whole idea and values we have been taught from the moment we were born . For example recently my girls family came to stay, uninvited I might add . The first problem came when I asked the male members to go outside to smoke, the second when I refused to let them use my motor, they were going out drinking,I didn't offer to take them they would have assumed i would pay for there eating and drinking. This of course led to accusations of being kinniaow from my girl on both counts. Instead they stayed home and consumed most of the contents of my drinks cupboard including an expensive brandy. the next day not only was the brother wearing my shoes but had on one of my shirts, all without a by your leave .The amazing thing was my girl attacked me for complaining .Now no way could i accept this as normal behaviour, surely not all Thais behave like this .The end result I upped and out, it was only rented property thank god . the girl effectively let her family kill her golden goose .So assimilate all you can but don't expect any return favours from them .You can learn to live with this but there comes a time when you must say enough is enough and move on .
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 5, 2018, 6:13 pm

I can honestly say my family would never do anything like that OG and my wife would definitely put them in their place if they did. However, that's not to say they don't take a few liberties, they'll quite happily drink my beers without feeling the need to buy any and if we go out as a group it' used to be up to me to catch the bill, they got away with that a couple of times until my wife ordered separate bills, strangely they don't like coming out as much now. My guess is I'm very lucky with my wife, she will usually side with me, perhaps that because she spent so long in England?
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » June 6, 2018, 11:46 pm

Faraday wrote:
June 5, 2018, 5:22 pm
Giggle wrote:
Nope, all the dross and scum and filth you've welcomed in for decades, and all the domestic garbage who are born into the horrific state are yours. Own it.
You're a ****.
Diddums, Buttercup.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 7, 2018, 12:20 am

And so it starts with the brit basher you should have stayed banned instead of being only allowed a week as your good at phrases join this P g in the same Pot.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » June 7, 2018, 6:14 am

vincemunday wrote:
June 5, 2018, 6:13 pm
I can honestly say my family would never do anything like that OG and my wife would definitely put them in their place if they did. . . .
We're in the same Lucky Boat.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » June 7, 2018, 7:56 am

Giggle wrote:
June 6, 2018, 11:46 pm
Faraday wrote:
Giggle wrote:
You're a ****.
Diddums, Buttercup.
Ok, tosspot, what is your country of birth?

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » June 7, 2018, 8:50 am

Gentlemen, gentlemen. Let's all play nicely in the sandbox, shall we?

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » June 7, 2018, 9:30 am

vincemunday wrote:
June 5, 2018, 6:13 pm
I can honestly say my family would never do anything like that OG and my wife would definitely put them in their place if they did. However, that's not to say they don't take a few liberties, they'll quite happily drink my beers without feeling the need to buy any and if we go out as a group it' used to be up to me to catch the bill, they got away with that a couple of times until my wife ordered separate bills, strangely they don't like coming out as much now. My guess is I'm very lucky with my wife, she will usually side with me, perhaps that because she spent so long in England?
Anybody who steals a mans lemsip can’t be trusted :D ,that’s the point though Vince none of us can be truly sure , how many blokes in the past have said not my wife’s family only to be found out they’ve been asset stripped.You wrote not long ago that your mates wife after years of marriage and living in England came back and went on a gambling spree.It could happen to anyone of us and the tragedy is we’ll only find out once the damage has been done.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » June 7, 2018, 11:30 am

the funniest thing you ever hear in this country " my wife wouldn't do that to me " :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 7, 2018, 11:41 am

Yes you have a point Chuchi, the Lemsip grab was an all time low, they had the cheek to leave me the Beechams, thankfully I have people coming over soon so the stocks will be replenished and as much we think after we've been married for so long, in my case 12 years nothing is guaranteed but I guess that's probably true in the UK too.

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » June 7, 2018, 11:51 am

Old Grumpy wrote:
June 5, 2018, 6:05 pm
interestingly there is a new topic "why won't she marry me" in the relationship forum just below this one .this illustrates quite clearly the difficulty in understanding the Thai way of thinking . It is so different to ours that it almost makes it impossible to totally understand them, actually it's as though they are on a totally different planet. To asssimilate fully would mean changing our whole idea and values we have been taught from the moment we were born . For example recently my girls family came to stay, uninvited I might add . The first problem came when I asked the male members to go outside to smoke, the second when I refused to let them use my motor, they were going out drinking,I didn't offer to take them they would have assumed i would pay for there eating and drinking. This of course led to accusations of being kinniaow from my girl on both counts. Instead they stayed home and consumed most of the contents of my drinks cupboard including an expensive brandy. the next day not only was the brother wearing my shoes but had on one of my shirts, all without a by your leave .The amazing thing was my girl attacked me for complaining .Now no way could i accept this as normal behaviour, surely not all Thais behave like this .The end result I upped and out, it was only rented property thank god . the girl effectively let her family kill her golden goose .So assimilate all you can but don't expect any return favours from them .You can learn to live with this but there comes a time when you must say enough is enough and move on .
old grumpy well done for getting up and getting off,freeloading gypo pikies i call them because thats what they are,and your right thats not normal behaviour or the thai way,thats just trailer trash,the bit with the shoes and shirt ,not to mention the brandy,told you everything you needed to know,no respect for you or themselves ,those types would take your lasts breath

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 7, 2018, 10:47 pm

Faraday wrote:
Giggle wrote:
You're a ****.
Please do not let this A Hole pollute this site as well.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » June 8, 2018, 12:08 am

Best way is to Foe the poster and if you see one of their posts quoted, do not re-quote or answer the quoted post. They hopefully will vanish without the attention they so desire.

Return to “Open Forum”