Yet another school shooting in the US

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Post Reply
User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 5699
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: Yet another school shooting in the US

Post by Lone Star » February 16, 2018, 6:26 pm

neeemu wrote:
February 16, 2018, 5:01 pm
So if you could prevent a needless death of an innocent child you would not choose to do so on the basis of an out of date piece of legislation tells you it's your right? Backwards indeed.
I'm not going to call for the confiscation of firearms from law-abiding citizens for the same reason that I don't call for the confiscation of all automobiles after a terrorist runs over 30+ people in a market.


AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 8365
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Yet another school shooting in the US

Post by tamada » February 16, 2018, 6:30 pm

Lone Star wrote:
February 15, 2018, 7:49 pm
https://www.dailywire.com/node/27165

Media Push The Claim There Have Been 18 School Shootings In 2018. Here Are The Facts.
Is there now a problem with grammar? Or is simple comprehension a bit challenged?

The vile, manipulative MSM unanimously claim "18 school shootings" but after reading the rather dismissive missive you chose to make some sort of point, guess what?

Yup, there's still been "18 school shootings". For those with obvious 'comprehenshun' issues, it simply means that 18 times, bullets were fired in, on or at a school in the USA. It doesn't really matter that some were suicide-related, accidental, the result of an off-campus fight and other deflective forensics, bullets were fired from guns in, on or at a school. The fact that one DOES NOT get in a froth about even one of them is all a wee bit sad.

Now, before we get too excited, how about the dailydires heavily anesthetized opinion that the latest shooting "was truly horrible"? That's it!? Only 3 rather emotionless words!? The same words that could easily be used to describe a really bad dining experience?! Before digesting their rather odious assertion that 3 dead and 30-ish injured is a far, far better media representation than 18 dead... then ironically claiming that MSM news stories are "not an accurate reflection of reality", please consider this.

In the same period as this latest 'nothing burger' was conjured up by those despicable MSM trolls, there were no bullets fired at any school in Canada, Europe, most of Latin and South America, Africa, the greater part of Asia including southeast Asia, Australia and the Antipodes. Millions and millions of students of all ages, height, haircut, creed and religion managed to survive their daily educational sojourns, a whole lot of them in sh!thole countries as well.

What's wrong with 'em? Don't they know what they're missin'? Friggin' panzies!!

Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 3226
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: Yet another school shooting in the US

Post by Doodoo » February 16, 2018, 6:35 pm

We are talking rifles not automobiles That is a separate issue and belongs in the category of Red Herring

We need to talk about one issue at a time

If you wish to start another forum regarding killing people with automobiles please do so and I will contribute

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 5699
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: Yet another school shooting in the US

Post by Lone Star » February 16, 2018, 6:37 pm

tamada wrote:
February 16, 2018, 6:30 pm

Yup, there's still been "18 school shootings". For those with obvious 'comprehenshun' issues, it simply means that 18 times, bullets were fired in, on or at a school in the USA. It doesn't really matter that some were suicide-related, accidental, the result of an off-campus fight and other deflective forensics, bullets were fired from guns in, on or at a school. The fact that one DOES NOT get in a froth about even one of them is all a wee bit sad.
The article was posted without comment in order to provide FACTS of the shootings. The EneMedia is famous for providing narratives like this, which give the impression that there have been mass casualties. It sets the record straight.

View it however you wish. You're a hater, so I expected you and others like you to jump the gun and assume that I was blowing off this tragedy or trying to minimize it. Only pointing out MORE HALF TRUTHS by the media. You're wrong again. As usual. :)
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
semperfiguy
udonmap.com
Posts: 2217
Joined: July 16, 2010, 12:49 pm
Location: Udon Thani, Thailand

Re: Yet another school shooting in the US

Post by semperfiguy » February 16, 2018, 6:37 pm

It's not about gun control....it's about government control!
Attachments
chickens.jpg
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

User avatar
neeemu
udonmap.com
Posts: 294
Joined: February 13, 2007, 2:53 am

Re: Yet another school shooting in the US

Post by neeemu » February 16, 2018, 6:40 pm

Lone Star wrote:
February 16, 2018, 6:26 pm
neeemu wrote:
February 16, 2018, 5:01 pm
So if you could prevent a needless death of an innocent child you would not choose to do so on the basis of an out of date piece of legislation tells you it's your right? Backwards indeed.
I'm not going to call for the confiscation of firearms from law-abiding citizens for the same reason that I don't call for the confiscation of all automobiles after a terrorist runs over 30+ people in a market.
They do say you can't argue with stupid.

There's a reason automobiles have much more relaxed rules than guns do in every country...I'll let you try and work that out for yourself, take your time though.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 5699
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: Yet another school shooting in the US

Post by Lone Star » February 16, 2018, 6:42 pm

Doodoo wrote:
February 16, 2018, 6:35 pm
We are talking rifles not automobiles That is a separate issue and belongs in the category of Red Herring

We need to talk about one issue at a time

If you wish to start another forum regarding killing people with automobiles please do so and I will contribute
You don't decide what enters this discussion. Typical LIB thinking. 55555 (Not calling you a LIB, it's just how LIBs think. They only believe that free speech is good if the other side agrees with them.) :)

Both are used to kill people. Both are misused by deranged individuals to target innocent people.

In the US gun ownership is a RIGHT. Driving is only a privilege. A privilege can be removed very easily. The RIGHT to own a firearm is taken away from those with documented psychological issues and those who have a felony criminal record.

Law-abiding citizens don't deserve to have their rights and privileges summarily infringed upon because of loons in society who happen to steal a car or a gun or obtain either one unlawfully.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 5699
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: Yet another school shooting in the US

Post by Lone Star » February 16, 2018, 6:43 pm

neeemu wrote:
February 16, 2018, 6:40 pm

They do say you can't argue with stupid.

There's a reason automobiles have much more relaxed rules than guns do in every country...I'll let you try and work that out for yourself, take your time though.
The personal attacks begin. The first sign that you're losing this argument. :)
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 8365
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Yet another school shooting in the US

Post by tamada » February 16, 2018, 6:48 pm

Lone Star wrote:
February 16, 2018, 6:37 pm
tamada wrote:
February 16, 2018, 6:30 pm

Yup, there's still been "18 school shootings". For those with obvious 'comprehenshun' issues, it simply means that 18 times, bullets were fired in, on or at a school in the USA. It doesn't really matter that some were suicide-related, accidental, the result of an off-campus fight and other deflective forensics, bullets were fired from guns in, on or at a school. The fact that one DOES NOT get in a froth about even one of them is all a wee bit sad.
The article was posted without comment in order to provide FACTS of the shootings. The EneMedia is famous for providing narratives like this, which give the impression that there have been mass casualties. It sets the record straight.

View it however you wish. You're a hater, so I expected you and others like you to jump the gun and assume that I was blowing off this tragedy or trying to minimize it. Only pointing out MORE HALF TRUTHS by the media. You're wrong again. As usual. :)
Talk about jumping the gun.

So you posted something 'without comment' simply to provide facts?.. and then admit that it was a hater trap for 'people like me'. Sorry, I mean for people of a contrary opinion. How shallow can you get?

Don't answer that. I know already.

Are you arguing with my own, non-MSM influenced but simple common sense facts that when it comes to guns US School kids versus The Rest of the World's School Kids, the US brats are losing horribly?

For (the other) comprehension challenged sorts, that means you are NOT winning.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 5699
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: Yet another school shooting in the US

Post by Lone Star » February 16, 2018, 6:51 pm

tamada wrote:
February 16, 2018, 6:48 pm

...
Keep spinning. :) It's what you do.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 5699
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: Yet another school shooting in the US

Post by Lone Star » February 16, 2018, 6:55 pm

tamada wrote:
February 16, 2018, 6:48 pm


So you posted something 'without comment' simply to provide facts?.. and then admit that it was a hater trap for 'people like me'. Sorry, I mean for people of a contrary opinion. How shallow can you get?
No. I posted it to provide facts. YOU decided that it was a trap after you stepped in it. 55555
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
neeemu
udonmap.com
Posts: 294
Joined: February 13, 2007, 2:53 am

Re: Yet another school shooting in the US

Post by neeemu » February 16, 2018, 6:57 pm

Lone Star wrote:
February 16, 2018, 6:43 pm
neeemu wrote:
February 16, 2018, 6:40 pm

They do say you can't argue with stupid.

There's a reason automobiles have much more relaxed rules than guns do in every country...I'll let you try and work that out for yourself, take your time though.
The personal attacks begin. The first sign that you're losing this argument. :)
The only ones losing the argument are the 17 killed in Parkland, Florida, the 2 dead and 18 injured in Kentucky last month...etc...etc...

It's nothing personal, apparently the majority of your country are equally bright. Why do you have to arm yourself in the 'Home of the brave?'

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 8365
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Yet another school shooting in the US

Post by tamada » February 16, 2018, 7:02 pm

Lone Star wrote:
February 16, 2018, 6:51 pm
tamada wrote:
February 16, 2018, 6:48 pm

...
Keep spinning. :) It's what you do.
Pithy.

You lost traction ages ago.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 8365
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Yet another school shooting in the US

Post by tamada » February 16, 2018, 7:03 pm

Lone Star wrote:
February 16, 2018, 6:55 pm
tamada wrote:
February 16, 2018, 6:48 pm


So you posted something 'without comment' simply to provide facts?.. and then admit that it was a hater trap for 'people like me'. Sorry, I mean for people of a contrary opinion. How shallow can you get?
No. I posted it to provide facts. YOU decided that it was a trap after you stepped in it. 55555
Yeehaw... Y'all got that Libtard real good there Bubba.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 5699
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: Yet another school shooting in the US

Post by Lone Star » February 16, 2018, 7:07 pm

tamada wrote:
February 16, 2018, 7:02 pm
Lone Star wrote:
February 16, 2018, 6:51 pm
tamada wrote:
February 16, 2018, 6:48 pm

...
Keep spinning. :) It's what you do.
Pithy.

You lost traction ages ago.
You're always entitled to your opinion. :)

Friday night, man. Better things to do. TTYL
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
christian_2013
udonmap.com
Posts: 67
Joined: April 21, 2009, 6:56 am

Re: Yet another school shooting in the US

Post by christian_2013 » February 16, 2018, 7:34 pm

neemu After observing the cognitive dissidence coming from the UK's establishment regarding innocent lives being lost after a domestic terror attack and the next day standing as one united against hate speech, I don't think you as a country can claim to be any more virtuous than another. Below is a link to a summary of my conclusion after residing in the UK for some 10 years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0u-NeqKR1Y

tataw
udonmap.com
Posts: 221
Joined: January 8, 2009, 7:09 pm

Re: Yet another school shooting in the US

Post by tataw » February 17, 2018, 3:28 am

I think everyone needs to take time out and wonder what it would feel like to have one of your own children slain. Maybe the letter from one of the victim's Aunt might stun your conscience.

Dear America,

We buried my brother, Dr Michael Guttenberg, this past October. He was a 9/11 hero and 16 years later he died of a 9/11 related cancer. Our country came together after the 9/11 terrorist attacks to overcome evil. We fought two wars, we subjected ourselves to onerous changes in air travel security, and we willingly gave up civil liberties to give ourselves the illusion of safety.

But we are not safe. This weekend we will bury my niece. Her name is Jaime Guttenberg and she was the 14-year-old daughter of my brother Fred and sister-in-law Jen. She was Jesse's younger sister. Yesterday, she was murdered by a gun at her high school in Parkland Florida.

Jaime was in the 9th grade. She was a pretty girl with the world's best smile and her soul was sensitive and compassionate. She was intelligent and feisty and she danced with beauty and grace. She always looked out for the underdog and the bullied and she probably had been kind to the student who shot her. She planned to grow up and become a mommy and an occupational therapist.

Fred and Jen are the world's most loving and over-protective parents but they could not protect Jaime from the sickness that has gripped our country. Unless we change, nobody can protect us. My friends and fellow citizens, your guns are not protecting you. Your guns are killing our kids.

Why is your hunting hobby more important than my niece's life? Don't you see that your "second amendment" rights have been twisted and distorted beyond any rational interpretation? Why should my niece have been sacrificed at the altar of your "freedoms?"

Why don't you trust our police to protect us from crime? Don't you realise that mental illness has been and always will be a part of the human condition and that weapons of war should not be available to those among us who dream of mayhem and death? Don't you see the blood on all of our hands?
Related articles:

I don't care that Nikolas Cruz did this. If it had not been him, it would have been some other sad sick young man. I do care that he was able to legally purchase an assault weapon. I do care that the NRA and our so-called political leaders enabled him.

I don't care if Nikolas spends the rest of his life in jail or gets the death penalty. That will not bring back Jaime and it won't stop your kids from being the next victims of a "versatile, customisable" deadly weapon of war. I do care that the National Rifle Association (NRA) is dismantled. I do care that our Congress and our President (need to) outlaw these technologically sophisticated tools of murder just like every other civilised country on this planet. Failure to act will make our politicians complicit in Jaime's murder. I want them to face charges and I want them brought to justice.

My family does not want your hopes and prayers. We want your action. Join us in fighting the NRA. Join us in deposing any politician who cares more about campaign contributions than my beautiful Jaime. Join us in supporting leaders who will bravely fight for our children's lives.

Don't tell me not to politicise this. Jaime would want me to. This is political and now this is personal. If not now, when? If not us, who? If we don't finally ACT, the sickness of gun violence will kill us all.

Sincerely yours,

Abbie Youkilis MD

User avatar
Giggle
udonmap.com
Posts: 1162
Joined: October 18, 2016, 4:24 pm

Re: Yet another school shooting in the US

Post by Giggle » February 17, 2018, 5:03 am

tataw wrote:
February 17, 2018, 3:28 am
If it had not been him, it would have been some other sad sick young man.
Sexist misandry at its finest.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 5699
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: Yet another school shooting in the US

Post by Lone Star » February 17, 2018, 6:39 am

neeemu wrote:
February 16, 2018, 6:57 pm
It's nothing personal, apparently the majority of your country are equally bright. Why do you have to arm yourself in the 'Home of the brave?'
You can't walk it back now. Your comment was directed toward me.

The Home of the Brave is also the Home of the Free. The US is a free society with Individual Liberties and Rights. There are risks in free societies that come in various forms. That free society also allows citizens the freedom to defend themselves against these risks.

I realize that some western societies have allowed their governments to take away their rights to self defense, but the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave is still free.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

domfromoz
udonmap.com
Posts: 95
Joined: March 10, 2015, 3:59 pm

Re: Yet another school shooting in the US

Post by domfromoz » February 17, 2018, 9:49 am

Lone Star wrote:
February 17, 2018, 6:39 am
neeemu wrote:
February 16, 2018, 6:57 pm
It's nothing personal, apparently the majority of your country are equally bright. Why do you have to arm yourself in the 'Home of the brave?'
You can't walk it back now. Your comment was directed toward me.

The Home of the Brave is also the Home of the Free. The US is a free society with Individual Liberties and Rights. There are risks in free societies that come in various forms. That free society also allows citizens the freedom to defend themselves against these risks.

I realize that some western societies have allowed their governments to take away their rights to self defense, but the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave is still free.
If this is typical of the yank attitude,they should look at changing the anthem line "God Bless America " to "God help America".

Post Reply

Return to “Open Forum”