Yet another school shooting in the US

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Re: Yet another school shooting in the US

Post by pepesgrill » May 26, 2022, 2:20 pm

im not a gun nut. i think i had a pellet gun when i was a kid. that some nerdy kid obsessing on fb can go and buy military hardware. it is total crazy

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 26, 2022, 6:25 pm

When I still lived in the US, I belonged to a gun club. We took target shooting seriously. Accuracy was the goal. NONE of us had even semi automatic rifles, much less assault rifles. A friend of mine lived in the boonies of Montana. He said his AR 15 was for home protection and he felt better having the fire power. Myself, I consider the best home protection is a pump shotgun. Bird shot loads will disable anyone in a room but will not penetrate walls and endanger neighbors. Outlawing assault rifles would not bother me a bit. Extended magazines holding more than 5 rounds are also not necessary. Unfortunately bleeding heart judges and lawyers are certainly not helping these kinds of crimes.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » May 26, 2022, 7:47 pm

Agree about the shot gun glalt, while I don't have one here in U.S. I do have a Judge pistol loaded with .410 shells with 000 buck shot. Good enough for inside home defense. If push comes to shove I can load with .45 colt rounds.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » May 26, 2022, 10:15 pm

i really hope the news has got it wrong, alleged police did not intervene. waited listening to shots being fired and done nothing. unarmed locals willing to rush in and risk their lives and not caring ,just wanting to save the children . while police popped to Mr Doughnut for breakfast. so much for hero's in uniform
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 26, 2022, 10:41 pm

Papa
More info on Police not entering
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-scho ... se-uvalde/

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 26, 2022, 10:46 pm

Ted Cruz Storms Out on British Interviewer When Asked Why School Shootings Only Happen in America"

They are turning up the heat on Elected individuals to do the right thing

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ted-cruz-sto ... 16850.html

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 26, 2022, 10:48 pm

If whoever shot the gunman wasn't the police, then who the f*** was it?, and more to the point what was he doing in possession of a firearm on school premises?

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 26, 2022, 10:57 pm

WHO shot him? who really cares

"Eventually, a tactical agency "was able to eliminate the threat and bring the suspect down," Estrada said."
https://edition.cnn.com/2022/05/25/us/u ... index.html

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 26, 2022, 11:08 pm

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 26, 2022, 11:15 pm

My view?

Americans identify as being quite religious, the type of religion that embraces quite fundamentalistic beliefs, do not question this, your mindset blocks questioning the beliefs. The US constitution, which was basically framed 350 years ago, is regarded in almost biblical terms, Americans cannot bring themselves to question it. The second amendment goes back to 1794. So we have this unholy alliance between fundamentalism V's rational analysis, country above all V's verse's rational analysis.

The two, the bible and the constitution are regarded as sacrosanct, no rational analysis is likely to change this. It's part of the American psyche.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » May 27, 2022, 5:00 am

Oh dear, reports of parents being handcuffed ,pepper sprayed and tased .
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 27, 2022, 6:23 am

This in one MAJOR reason the the States are all screwed up. When news Leaders come on the news and say such nonsense as this

"HuffPost
Tucker Carlson Cooks Up Absurd New Scapegoat For Texas School Massacre
Josephine Harvey
Thu, May 26, 2022, 1:49 PM
Tucker Carlson suggested that coronavirus pandemic lockdowns ― not guns ― were to blame for recent mass shootings in the U.S."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tucker-carls ... 08669.html

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 27, 2022, 6:54 am

for some reason, i was reminded of those (2) incidents in london 2017. a few brits renting transit trucks, armed with knives, mowing people
down and stabbing everyone incl unarmed police
over 100 injured , 30-40 killed. hooligan exits pub, goes at them with fists "f-you im millwall" priceless

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 27, 2022, 7:14 am

I wish people would get their facts straight before publishing such stories.

"On 3 June 2017, a terrorist vehicle-ramming and stabbing took place in London, England. A van was deliberately driven into pedestrians on London Bridge, and then crashed on Borough High Street, just south of the River Thames. The van's three occupants then ran to the nearby Borough Market area and began stabbing people in and around restaurants and pubs.[8] They were shot dead by Metropolitan Police and City of London Police authorised firearms officers, and were found to be wearing fake explosive vests.[9] Eight people were killed and 48 were injured, including members of the public and four unarmed police officers who attempted to stop the assailants. British authorities described the perpetrators as "radical Islamic terrorists".[7]

The Islamic State (ISIS) claimed responsibility for the attack."

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 27, 2022, 7:26 am

you forgot the westminster incident a month earlier. holders of brit passports. but middle-east descent. gawds sake. remove #'d footnote ref's. just copy&paste willy-nilly. it's sloppy and detracts
from message. mental health probs are everywhere

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » May 27, 2022, 8:11 am

pepesgrill wrote:
May 27, 2022, 7:26 am
you forgot the westminster incident a month earlier. holders of brit passports. but middle-east descent. gawds sake. remove #'d footnote ref's. just copy&paste willy-nilly. it's sloppy and detracts
from message. mental health probs are everywhere
both attacks added together only 13 people died and 4 terrorist died, where you got 30-40 died i don't know. mind you if they had access to AR15's it would have been a right mess. so lets get it right. so far there has been 27 school shootings and a total of 212 mass shootings in murica just this year alone, good to see you have to go back 5 years to find an incident in the uk, you might notice the thread is about school shootings. funny enough if you search for 'mass shooting' or 'school shootings' neither search do you have to add america , both are synonymous with america when it comes to internet searches .

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 27, 2022, 8:16 am

28,000 incidents of knife violence in u.k. last year?
as i said, mental health probs everywhere. and you
can add hopeless bigotry to that list also.
the guns are crazy, nobody denies that. but leave
your personal biases at the bar. or wherever

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 27, 2022, 8:25 am

uvalde, texas . 80% hispanic- latino. essentially
very few whites there . generally these communities support each other. much more so
than white suburbia. no normal home life for kid
shuffled around like an unwanted dog. and he got
angry and resentful. guns just make it total crazy

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » May 27, 2022, 8:36 am

pepesgrill wrote:
May 27, 2022, 8:16 am
28,000 incidents of knife violence in u.k. last year?
as i said, mental health probs everywhere. and you
can add hopeless bigotry to that list also
still on about non school shootings outside america , get with the program , actually it was 18,000 not 28,000, and they weren't violent attacks. the vast majority was just possession of an offensive weapon. if you take the fact that taking a kitchen knife out of your home into the street , if a policeman stops you you will be arrested for carrying a weapon. the reason it even gets to 18,000 is because we have very strict laws on carrying knives. any blade over 7.62cm is illegal to carry on your person.

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 27, 2022, 8:39 am

kp's english corner has been very quiet. i was hoping he would address this apostrophe issue. and then there's proper hyphen usage. where is the kp?

Return to “Open Forum”