Yet another school shooting in the US

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Re: Yet another school shooting in the US

Post by AussieBoy » February 18, 2018, 1:49 pm

Capture.JPG
From Oz, we have free speech, but when that involves guns and stupid talk the federal Police get involved, this Political nut may lose his job for a simple post about gun and a photo, Clint Eastwood style, Also not he was at a shooting range, you can own a gun in Oz, must be a member of Gun club,

Nationals MP George Christensen has been reported to police over a social media post in which he uploaded an image of himself holding a gun, accompanied by a caption appearing to threaten "greenie punks".

It comes just days after the deadly shooting at a Florida high school in the US, which claimed the lives of 14 students and three teachers.

On Saturday, Mr Christensen posted a photo to Facebook of himself with a rifle at a Mackay shooting range, along with the caption "shooting is a great sport".

"Shooters don't deserve to be demonised like they are by the media and the Left — gun owners aren't criminals," Mr Christensen wrote.

In the comment section of the post, Mr Christensen uploaded a second photo of himself aiming a handgun, along with the caption: "You gotta ask yourself, do you feel lucky, greenie punks?"

It’s actually not that hard to own a gun in OZ. But you do have to have a genuine reason. You have to be a member of a target shooting club or a hunter and you have to prove it. For hunting, you can get written permission from a landowner who says you are hunting on his land. Or you can join a hunting club. Pistols [handguns], on the other hand, are heavily restricted. All applicants undergo a background check by the police and there is a mandatory 30 day cooling off period for all license applications, both long arms and pistols. Firearms safety training courses are mandatory as well.

One of the biggest changes is that the government established different types of firearms for different categories of guns and ruled that each would need different licenses. Here’s roughly how it works:

Category A is .22s, shotguns and air rifles. That’s the easiest license to obtain. No semiautomatics are allowed.

Category B is for center fire rifles. You have to provide a reason for why you need a more powerful gun. I shoot feral pigs and foxes; that’s a valid reason. Again, no semiautomatics.

Category C is available only to farmers; they can own a semiautomatic shotgun or .22 but the cartridges are limited to five shots for the shotgun and 10 shots for the .22.

Category D, for semiautomatic guns and rifles, is only for professional shooters: you have to have a registered business and prove that you are earning an income through shooting.

An H license is for handguns. If you want to buy a pistol in Australia you’ve got to be a member of a target pistol club. You’ve got to do a minimum of eight competition shoots per year to keep your license. If you don’t, you lose it.

Category G is for collectors. For that you’ve got to attend at least one meeting per year.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-18/f ... ks/9459476

You have to change the mindset of the Yanks, which I think will be impossible to do, Plenty of countries have gun ownership, the people mindset of how you use that gun is different to US.

Have a nice Day

Master Builder

tataw
udonmap.com

Post by tataw » February 18, 2018, 2:17 pm

Maybe someone should listen to the victims

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-can ... ame-on-you

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 18, 2018, 2:43 pm

AussieBoy wrote:
February 18, 2018, 1:49 pm

You have to change the mindset of the Yanks, which I think will be impossible to do, Plenty of countries have gun ownership, the people mindset of how you use that gun is different to US.

Have a nice Day
Different states and cities within the US have different restrictions that are similar, but not exactly like what you described. The vast majority of gun owners in America are law-abiding. The use of firearms in the US is no different than anywhere else in the world where there are firearms available. The US just has more per capita gun ownership.

Team USA has the highest per capita gun ownership in the World. However, the USA is #111 in per capita murders (4.7 per 100,000 citizens). If US city Detroit was it's own country, it would be ranked #2 in the World in per capita murders.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » February 18, 2018, 5:45 pm

I would just like someone, anyone, to enuciate exactly what gun controls other that complete disarmament is needed!

I hear gun control from a lot of people but never hear exactly what is needed and how new controls, if implemented would have prevented any of the recent incidents.

What is needed is strict enforcement of the controls already in place and a look at mental health issues.

The controls in place worked as they should for the Florida shooting - see something, say something - but the FBI dropped the ball.

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » February 18, 2018, 6:09 pm

My friend called me to say he really wanted to post something here, but instead said "you people are too far gone".
I see this so much, "Blind leading the blind". CNN says something and most of you just repeat it. (CNN, CNBC, NYT, FoX, Bloomberg, ..all the same). Lets look at "Independant News":.......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4ZLQthexGs
https://www.naturalnews.com/SSRIs_S_S_R_Lies.html

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 18, 2018, 7:39 pm

Lone Star wrote:
February 17, 2018, 7:06 pm
None of us have the right to be alive at the end of the day --
But the Declaration of Independence specifically says... oh bugger. Why bother?

Does that mean the remaining two, oft-quoted certain inalienable Rights of "liberty and the pursuit of happiness" are off the table as well?

I mean if life wasn't meant to be one of the certain inalienable Rights, why did those uber smart Founding Fathers even bother to mention it?

Or do you think they were (also) full of sh!te?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 18, 2018, 7:49 pm

Lone Star wrote:
February 18, 2018, 4:47 am
... So let's disarm the millions of responsible and law-abiding gun owners and make them defenseless against the less than 1% whackos who are intent and willing to violate the law to achieve their objective.
So you reckon that if all the careful, conscientious, trained and responsible American gun owners were to have their pacifiers suddenly removed,rendering them defenseless, they would all be mowed down by your "less than 1% whackos" ?

You do?

PS. The Walking Dead TV show isn't real.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » February 18, 2018, 7:59 pm

tamada wrote:
February 18, 2018, 7:49 pm
Lone Star wrote:
... So let's disarm the millions of responsible and law-abiding gun owners and make them defenseless against the less than 1% whackos who are intent and willing to violate the law to achieve their objective.
So you reckon that if all the careful, conscientious, trained and responsible American gun owners were to have their pacifiers suddenly removed,rendering them defenseless, they would all be mowed down by your "less than 1% whackos" ?

You do?

I looked up 'Lunatic' on google, it came up Lonestar...

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 18, 2018, 8:28 pm

Fatbob
Uncalled for Name calling never fixed anything
I am a former hunter and gun owner (not from the USA)
I also believe that if someone believes he is a responsible owner so be it, BUT live with what comes with that and apparently in the USA is shootings

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 18, 2018, 8:45 pm

Charlieb wrote:
February 18, 2018, 5:45 pm
I would just like someone, anyone, to enuciate exactly what gun controls other that complete disarmament is needed!

I hear gun control from a lot of people but never hear exactly what is needed and how new controls, if implemented would have prevented any of the recent incidents.

What is needed is strict enforcement of the controls already in place and a look at mental health issues.

The controls in place worked as they should for the Florida shooting - see something, say something - but the FBI dropped the ball.
You're correct. I agree.

"Gun Control" is nothing, but a phrase used by the Left without anything of substance within it.

The FBI field office dropped the ball. There will be major shuffling there. You can book it.

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » February 18, 2018, 8:49 pm

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » February 19, 2018, 12:26 am

tamada wrote:
February 18, 2018, 7:49 pm
Lone Star wrote:

You do?

I live in Canada, I hunt and target shoot, been doing it for 50 years. I own many rifles and shotguns and I do not want to give them up. i was taught at the age of 12 how to handle guns safely and I always have. When I was young everyone carried their guns with them most of the time in their pickup trucks on rear window racks. People did not shoot each other or innocent children in schools. What we have now is a society problem, not a gun problem. You can take the guns away, they will use something else. Bombs or poison. Drive cars into crowds, lets ban cars too. What about knives and forks, better go back to eating with our hands. What about banning martial arts that is dangerous as well, better put a stop to that. Flying airplanes into buildings, better ban them. We seem to want to do these useless cures rather than deal with the real issues and nothing will change that way.

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » February 19, 2018, 4:00 am

Guns.jpg

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 19, 2018, 4:43 am

And the rest of the world has the freedom to do whatever they wish. :)

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » February 19, 2018, 5:28 am

Lone Star wrote:
February 19, 2018, 4:43 am
Would you feel comfortable with your kids in a U.S. school at this point, or elect to educate them elsewhere?

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 19, 2018, 5:34 am

jimjay wrote:
February 19, 2018, 5:28 am
Lone Star wrote:
February 19, 2018, 4:43 am
Would you feel comfortable with your kids in a U.S. school at this point, or elect to educate them elsewhere?
Even though your question has nothing to do with gun rights in the US, I would answer that my concerns with public schools has nothing to do with guns. My issue with public schools in the US is the fact that there is very little learning taking place there.

I taught in US public schools and universities for over 2 decades. If I feared for my life, I wouldn't have stayed in any of those schools.

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » February 19, 2018, 7:37 am

tinpeeba wrote:
February 19, 2018, 4:00 am
Guns.jpg

Spot on.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » February 19, 2018, 7:59 am

The rest of the world thinks the US is mentally ill, period. Majority rules.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 19, 2018, 8:22 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
February 19, 2018, 7:59 am
The rest of the world thinks the US is mentally ill, period. Majority rules.
So do the Americans .... or else why so many psychiatrists :-k

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » February 19, 2018, 9:15 am

why post on this its getting boring week in week out.

Return to “Open Forum”