Yet another school shooting in the US

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Yet another school shooting in the US

Post by Whistler » May 29, 2022, 10:18 am

do not feed the troll

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 29, 2022, 10:22 am

yes , of course. let's ignore the dozens of gov't statistical reports and investigative journalism articles on the epidemic of knife violence in u.k.

instead, we'll go with the fanciful assertions that
they were all forgetful culinary workers who left
a fruit knife in their apron. or random drug conflicts

and leave it to others to laboriously disprove false
claims, point-by-point with factual research. at which juncture, you simply make-up more nonsense
Last edited by pepesgrill on May 29, 2022, 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 29, 2022, 10:27 am

pepesgrill

Would appreciate links to these dozens of gov't statistical reports and investigative journalism articles on the epidemic of knife violence in u.k. This would help me and others understand your point of view

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 29, 2022, 10:32 am

google knife crime in u.k. ? isn' t this the advice you give everyone else? buy don't let that stop you
from using topic as a vehicle for a major slagfest
Last edited by pepesgrill on May 29, 2022, 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 29, 2022, 10:33 am

pepesgrill wrote:
May 29, 2022, 10:22 am
yes , of course. let's ignore the dozens of gov't statistical reports and investigative journalism articles on the epidemic of knife violence in u.k.
Start your own bloody thread (that would be a first) Cali, if you want to discuss knife offences in the UK.

This is about the serious topic of school shootings in the US, so stop trying to deflect. [-X

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 29, 2022, 10:36 am

as always, the forum whingers want to have free reign, and if challenged, claim rule-breaking or unfairness, spam the mods, their party spoiled

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » May 29, 2022, 10:39 am

yes some strange confusion going on , in the uk if the police stop you in your car it's recorded . does not matter if it's just a stop check or your given a ticket, it's still recorded. same with knife crime , you may or may not get arrested depending on circumstances , but even if your not arrested it will be recorded as a knife incident .from what i understand america has different laws, but can you imagine what the numbers would be if carrying a pocket knife was illegal in america like it is in the uk. estimates of over 35,000,000 americans carry pocket knives, in the uk they could be arrested. just maybe that's why we have a high number of knife incidents, because carrying knives is illegal
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 29, 2022, 10:41 am

No . the 28,000 incidences of violent knife crime in u.k. last year were not simple possession. this
category excluded from data. sorry truth painful

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » May 29, 2022, 10:51 am

For Pepe's peace of mind, and correctness, 'sharp objects' (which includes knives) were responsible for about 40% of Murders in England and Wales, which is about 300 deaths. Guns only used in about 50 deaths. Second highest cause is fists/feet, about 150 deaths. If you could ban knives, i expect being beaten to death would become the most likely cause.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/288 ... -wales-uk/

The death rate in USA for 'knives, etc' was 1,739, which is not dissimilar to the UK rate. BUT 12,892 people were shot to death. So knives are no more a problem in the UK than the USA, but guns very much are.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/195 ... apon-used/

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 29, 2022, 11:02 am

rick wrote:
May 29, 2022, 10:51 am
For Pepe's peace of mind, and correctness, 'sharp objects' (which includes knives) were responsible for about 40% of Murders in England and Wales, which is about 300 deaths. Guns only used in about 50 deaths. Second highest cause is fists/feet, about 150 deaths. If you could ban knives, i expect being beaten to death would become the most likely cause.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/288 ... -wales-uk/

The death rate in USA for 'knives, etc' was 1,739, which is not dissimilar to the UK rate. BUT 12,892 people were shot to death. So knives are no more a problem in the UK than the USA, but guns very much are.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/195 ... apon-used/
Hey pepe! Howdya like them apples?

If you stop projecting the shame you obviously feel for your homeland's antediluvian justification for mass homicides, the pain should ease and the subsequent, more truthful discourse you seek here will be far more forthcoming.

Or you can carry on with the Great British Knife Crime Deflection.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » May 29, 2022, 11:06 am

pepesgrill wrote:
May 29, 2022, 10:41 am
No . the 28,000 incidences of violent knife crime in u.k. last year were not simple possession. this
category excluded from data. sorry truth painful
'it states there were 49,000 incidents of knife crime the preceeding year.'
a bit of cherry picking going there, you would make a great THE SUN sensationist reporter. which one is it ? as Rick just pointed out 300 is less than one a day. at a quick guess that makes the odds of getting stabbed to death around 70,000,000 - 1. i for one am not freaking out about those numbers
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » May 29, 2022, 11:42 am

It seems to me there is a strong parallel between the Coronavirus and gun ownership in the USA. We have come to understand that it is impossible to eradicate the virus, and it will be with us forever, so Health Ministers around the world have decided that we need to get back to some semblance of normalcy, implement some basic safety protocols and learn to live with it. On the other hand, there are over 393 million guns in the US, and as a conservative gun-toting American, I can tell you straight up that even if they totally banned the sale of guns, the government would NEVER, NEVER, EVER be able to confiscate our guns. All hell would break loose and that tyrannical government would have another 1776 on their hands. Regardless of how many guns the government may be able to take off the streets legally, there will always be a big enough pool of weapons in circulation for a bad guy with evil intentions to get his hands on one or more. The national conversation needs to transition from restricting gun ownership to fixing a broken society that has lost its moral compass. The guns will always be there, so we need to focus on learning to live with them and implementing more stringent safety protocols to keep the public safe from these maniacs who are hell bent on committing mass murder. The situation will NOT improve in our lifetime, and the reality is that in the future evildoers will go from bad to worse. America doesn't have a gun problem, it has a SIN problem; however, if one is godless and believes in Moral Relativism, then we can't have a conversation about SIN because in their mind it is not absolute or universal. Talking about SIN is just not fashionable these days. Therefore, the conversation always shifts back to that "evil" gun and not the evil person who pulled the trigger. Welcome to the insane future folks. We will be going in circles on this issue for years to come, so learn to live with it. It's not a hill to die on, so calm yourselves and enjoy your life in Thailand!
Last edited by semperfiguy on May 29, 2022, 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 29, 2022, 12:02 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
May 29, 2022, 11:42 am
It seems to me there is a strong parallel between the Coronavirus and gun ownership in the USA. We have come to understand that it is impossible to eradicate the virus, and it will be with us forever, so Health Ministers around the world have decided that we need to get back to some semblance of normalcy, implement some basic safety protocols and learn to live with it. On the other hand, there are over 393 million guns in the US, and as a conservative gun-toting American, I can tell you straight up that even if they totally banned the sale of guns, the government would NEVER, NEVER, EVER be able to confiscate our guns. All hell would break lose and that tyrannical government would have another 1776 on their hands. Regardless of how many guns the government may be able to take off the streets legally, there will always be a big enough pool of weapons in circulation for a bad guy with evil intentions to get his hands on one or more. The national conversation needs to transition from restricting gun ownership to fixing a broken society that has lost its moral compass. The guns will always be there, so we need to focus on learning to live with them and implementing more stringent safety protocols to keep the public safe from these maniacs who are hell bent on committing mass murder. The situation will NOT improve in our lifetime, and the reality is that in the future evildoers will go from bad to worse. America doesn't have a gun problem, it has a SIN problem; however, if one is godless and believes in Moral Relativism, then we can't have a conversation about SIN because in their mind it is not absolute or universal. Talking about SIN is just not fashionable these days. Therefore, the conversation always shifts back to that evil gun and not the evil person who pulled the trigger. Welcome to the insane future folks. We will be going in circles on this issue for years to come, so learn to live with it. It's not a hill to die on, so calm yourselves and enjoy your life in Thailand!
Oh please spare us.

viewtopic.php?f=137&t=52295&p=600226#p600226

You relished the attempted overthrow of democracy in your country, supporting Trump who has no moral compass. Yet you talk about sin, your own moral compass seems very flexible.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 29, 2022, 12:19 pm

There are no parallels between gun ownership and Covid anywhere else in the world but America is different.

I am sure those conservative, Christian Texans who repeatedly told the BBC's reporter covering the NRA bash in Houston that they would never accept any restrictions on gun ownership, are still going to church each and every Sunday and mentioning all these victims in their prayers. Good luck with that.

As I suggested earlier, it's a gun addiction. Nobody should try and take away the guns that are already in legal custodianship. That worked only in countries where gun owners were a minority or a nation that had been defeated in a war. I agree that there's already too many guns already out there for this to be practical. But how about a moratorium on NEW gun sales? If the gun industry is managed and ran by the professional, law-abiding, God-fearing folks who appreciate and value ALL parts of the Constitution like the NRA tells us they are, why should this be such a terrible imposition? What does the NRA fear?

Two moments from the past 24-hours that stuck in my craw was Trump mangling the names of the Uvalde shooting victims while a tinny, pre-recorded bell chimed between the names. How to do cheesy bad taste, no?

Then the NRA's LaPierre really struggling to make it sound like he was more concerned about dead children than his job while assuming the posture and pallor of the Grim Reaper.

~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 29, 2022, 12:35 pm

everyone understands the brits existential angst.
the empire crumbled , now even things at home
uncertain, politics corrupt. so lash-out at others.

the degradation of values, culture, integrity. it starts with the tabloids constantly printing drivel.
the rest of us can only provide a shoulder to cry on

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 29, 2022, 1:09 pm

"Talking about SIN is just not fashionable these days." I think revelations by the Baptist Church indicate otherwise.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/26/us/s ... users.html

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 29, 2022, 1:16 pm

pepesgrill wrote:
May 29, 2022, 12:35 pm
everyone understands the brits existential angst.
the empire crumbled , now even things at home
uncertain, politics corrupt. so lash-out at others.

the degradation of values, culture, integrity. it starts with the tabloids constantly printing drivel.
the rest of us can only provide a shoulder to cry on
I can hardly wait for ice fishing season to roll around again.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 29, 2022, 1:31 pm

Semper
You are certainly living in another time
Why is the USA the only country that has has massacres using Guns?

The situation WILL IMPROVE in our life time if something logical is done about it. Its just that the Politicians in the USA dont want to do anything about it
The only thing that people can do is to prepare themselves for the next needless slaughter of citizens in the USA

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 29, 2022, 1:42 pm

I think the problem is likely to get worse rather than better. More and more young men are struggling with mental health issues.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 29, 2022, 1:55 pm

tamada wrote:
May 29, 2022, 1:16 pm

I can hardly wait for ice fishing season to roll around again.
somewhere up near doodoo's place. i think they have whitefish stocks. i want brits to be comfy
near arctic circle is it? be fine. play footy on ice

Return to “Open Forum”