Watch Thai TV in UK?

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Shaney30
udonmap.com

Watch Thai TV in UK?

Post by Shaney30 » April 25, 2007, 4:09 am

With the wife hopefully coming to reside in the UK in a couple of months, can she watch Thai TV?
I am sure I can make more time in my life too for a little bit of Thai drama, and the odd ghost story :roll:
But seriously it would help to sharpen up my thai speaking.
I have tried all the websites that claim to show streaming TV and to be honest they are all crap. Is satelite the way to go? I have also had a good Google around too, without any luck.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » April 25, 2007, 5:16 am

shaney30,

you can get satellite Fitted around ฃ200 +, its trained on Hotbird 4 and you get Some Thai TV(Thai TV Global Network) and other South east Asian viewing, it was a 1 off payment fitted and free to view.
Also it may be possible to get it from a sky dish and box, but you will need coordinates to pick the hotbird satellite up.
ask your local satellite dealer/fitter i am sure he can help.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » April 25, 2007, 5:38 am

Sounds like 2 dishes are going to be required with a multi-room facility.
You wife can watch her programmes in one room and you watch yours in another. Perfect solution. :D

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » April 25, 2007, 5:48 am

that so right galee, similar thing happened to a friend of mine.... His And Hers rooms LOL.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

hxjohn
udonmap.com

Post by hxjohn » April 25, 2007, 11:22 am

[url]http://www.thailand-uk.com/ click on thai tv link our scroll to bottom of page for all the info you will need on options to view thai tv in uk[/url

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » April 25, 2007, 9:26 pm

I want to watch USA TV in thailand the last thing I want to watch is thai tv LOL

Shaney30
udonmap.com

Post by Shaney30 » April 25, 2007, 11:02 pm

aznyron wrote:I want to watch USA TV in thailand the last thing I want to watch is thai tv LOL
Dont blame you aznyron, any Thai tv I have seen has not been inspiring, to say the least.
Thanks for the tips about satellite BM, I was not sure if we could see the right satellite from England.
Already have the facility to watch Tv in 2 rooms thankfully :D So she will not have to be subjected to my viewing choices!
Working 4 next hols

neeemu
udonmap.com

Post by neeemu » April 26, 2007, 12:24 am

http://www.see.tv/ has TV from all over the world to view online if that's anygood

Shaney30
udonmap.com

Post by Shaney30 » May 1, 2007, 5:07 am

Thanks hxjohn. I will be using the method described in your link. The joy of it is that I already have a sky dish on the outside of the house that I do not use any more. I have just got to blag an old box from someone or fleabay and it will be up and running :lol:
Cant wait, will really be able to practice my tones now.
Working 4 next hols

BanPhu
udonmap.com

Post by BanPhu » May 2, 2007, 12:30 am

Shaney30,

Have a look in Maplins, you can get a good satellite receiver ฃ39.99 (Ulimate Lifetime +) and all the components you need for leads/extensions/boosters etc from there. You may find you need a 90cm dish rather than the smaller standard sky dish and a satellite locator can help with pointing the dish in the right direction. As long as you have clear line of sight at the horizon (South to South-East) from where you are then you should have no problems locating and positioning to Hotbird or Astra Satellites. I think my dish was elevated 21 degrees before locating Astra 19.2 degrees East and Hotbird 13 degrees East.

steadyjohn
udonmap.com

Post by steadyjohn » May 2, 2007, 5:56 pm

If you go onto www.mangosauce.com

go to the site map and scroll down to the TV/movies section you will see and bit on watching thai tv on online and the link is provided

Return to “Open Forum”