I found a good health food store in Udon!!!

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
milkman
udonmap.com

I found a good health food store in Udon!!!

Post by milkman » February 5, 2017, 1:37 pm

It's downtown, on the other side of Phosri Road from Tang Nge Sung, the cheapest grocery store in town. Lots of stuff you can't get anywhere else in town! Name is Jai Dee Jang.

Not nearly as well stocked, but nearer (at least to ME) is Greenland. It's on Prachautit, a street that ends just near The Base and Goodwill Restaurant, if you know where that is. A school is across the street, so don't go between 3 and 5 as there's nowhere to park. Peanut butter without sugar and other additives- hard to find in Udon. Baked- not fried- chips. Chia seeds and other nuts. Lots of healthy drinks. They've been there a year, which makes me think they'll go on being there.

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: I found a good health food store in Udon!!!

Post by parrot » February 5, 2017, 1:54 pm

Thanks for the tip. I've shopped at the store across from Nge Sung several times....but Greenland looks to offer some different items
https://www.facebook.com/people/Greenla ... 0637385217

?Another case of overseas education coming back to benefit the business community? (University of Colorado)

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 20, 2019, 2:54 pm

I went back to the health store across from Ngeesoon today......it's been a while. They carry quite a bit more than before......seems to be every herb/tonic imaginable and at very reasonable prices.
My wife wanted some chrysanthemum buds to make tea....but the store only carried the tea bags. They directed us to the Chinese pharmacy directly across from the Bangkok Bank on Phosri Rd.........a good size bag of buds for 30 baht.

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » March 20, 2019, 3:52 pm

parrot wrote:
March 20, 2019, 2:54 pm
I went back to the health store across from Ngeesoon today......it's been a while. They carry quite a bit more than before......seems to be every herb/tonic imaginable and at very reasonable prices.
My wife wanted some chrysanthemum buds to make tea....but the store only carried the tea bags. They directed us to the Chinese pharmacy directly across from the Bangkok Bank on Phosri Rd.........a good size bag of buds for 30 baht.
Did you happen to see if they had almonds and the price?
Voiceover for hire.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 20, 2019, 4:21 pm

Yes, they had almonds. But I didn't check the price
I believe Makro also carries big bags of almonds

Return to “Open Forum”