Goodwill......No Budget.....Garbage Can

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
parrot
udonmap.com

Goodwill......No Budget.....Garbage Can

Post by parrot » October 11, 2016, 2:34 pm

Nothing of any great importance today.....but just a recap of our trip to town today:
I've been passing by Goodwill Restaurant for well over a year......thought it was time to give it a go. We went for lunch. Convenient and shaded parking a big plus. Restaurant construction/landscaping doesn't appear to have been finished....nothing major, but I was expecting something nicer. The decor seemed to be something my grandmother might have used in her dining room.....it was okay, but if you're going to go with antique, then go all out. Food was okay.....had the seaweed/pork soup (good), 3 style beef (ok), seafood fried rice (good), and phad thai springrolls (so so) with a lemon slush and a bottle of water. Service was prompt enough. For the 850 baht, we'd get a better meal in S&P for a few hundred baht less. I gave it 3.5 stars, my wife 3.
Stopped by the tetsabahn today to pay our yearly 120 baht garbage bill. Picked up a nice garbage can to boot. Several elderly villagers there complaining about not receiving their monthly stipend this month.....apparently the parliament hasn't passed the budget??? That should go over well with the natives!

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Re: Goodwill......No Budget.....Garbage Can

Post by FrazeeDK » October 11, 2016, 3:16 pm

the word is that the old folks and disabled monies might be out by the 20th.. The budget's not passed?? In a rubber stamp entity?? What's that all about???? Our garbage pickup is also 20 baht a month.. Asked the Tessaban rep for a new garbage can since we'd never been given one and he kindle dragged one down the street to our house that was missing its wheels... We passed it on to another family who didn't care about rolling it around..
Dave

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 11, 2016, 5:25 pm

When we woke up the tetsabahn garbage clerk (she's a college grad, getting 15k a month), sound asleep on a cot behind a locked door at 1:30pm, we couldn't help but notice 30 or so brand new plastic garbage cans (with wheels) sitting outside her door. We asked for one......she gave it to us without batting an eye. Now, if only they'd pave our road...........'it's coming' they keep saying.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » October 11, 2016, 5:30 pm

Wake up the Paving Road Graduate.

Ur on a roll 55555

reddevil
udonmap.com

Post by reddevil » October 11, 2016, 5:48 pm

parrot wrote:Nothing of any great importance today.....but just a recap of our trip to town today:
I've been passing by Goodwill Restaurant for well over a year......thought it was time to give it a go. We went for lunch. Convenient and shaded parking a big plus. Restaurant construction/landscaping doesn't appear to have been finished....nothing major, but I was expecting something nicer. The decor seemed to be something my grandmother might have used in her dining room.....it was okay, but if you're going to go with antique, then go all out. Food was okay.....had the seaweed/pork soup (good), 3 style beef (ok), seafood fried rice (good), and phad thai springrolls (so so) with a lemon slush and a bottle of water. Service was prompt enough. For the 850 baht, we'd get a better meal in S&P for a few hundred baht less. I gave it 3.5 stars, my wife 3.
Stopped by the tetsabahn today to pay our yearly 120 baht garbage bill. Picked up a nice garbage can to boot. Several elderly villagers there complaining about not receiving their monthly stipend this month.....apparently the parliament hasn't passed the budget??? That should go over well with the natives!
Did you go to the Goodwill next to the Base condo or the old one?

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 11, 2016, 6:32 pm

We went to the one next to The Base. I'm not sure how long it's been in operation.....wasn't aware there was a second one.

bamakmak
udonmap.com

Post by bamakmak » October 11, 2016, 8:17 pm

There is only one Goodwill Restaurant. They relocated from Nong Som Rong to the spot next to The Base a few months ago.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » October 12, 2016, 9:23 am

parrot wrote:..... we'd get a better meal in S&P for a few hundred baht less........
Funny you should mention S&P,parrot,
I use the one in Tesco Lotus Extra quite frequently.The three young girls in there have a tip box :-s although I'm not quite sure why as its self service.Maybe one of them has a relative in Immigration ? ;)
This tip box is always mostly empty,bar a few coins or the odd 20 baht note,but one day last week I was surprised to see 3 x 100 baht notes inside ! :shock:
Who would put 300 baht in this tip box ? Surely not a Thai ? Maybe some elderly farang hoping to rediscover memories of 30 years ago ? :D

Anyway,as regards Goodwill,its been gone from Nonsamrong for a good few months now and relocated near The Base.
From parrots description it would appear they have taken the furniture from the old place with them.
I agree with his assessment of the food from my experience in Nonsamrong......not bad,but a bit pricey for what you get.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » October 12, 2016, 9:29 am

S&P food is lovely.

They also have a 10% service charge. So no tips for me.

Return to “Open Forum”