Fear????

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Jsell50
udonmap.com

Fear????

Post by Jsell50 » March 22, 2016, 7:44 pm

Why do our countries allow immigrants/terrorists/illegals to make their own enclaves of fear that our own citizens won't even walk through and law enforcement officials have to gear up to go into. Political correctness be damned. Citizens need protection more than the feelings of minorities.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Fear????

Post by the-monk » March 22, 2016, 8:53 pm

To link immigrants-illegals-terrorists in a single brush stroke
is way too extreme, clearly offensive and out of touch with the reality.
So many properous countries were built ( and still being built today )
with the sweat and labour of million of immigrants and yes some illegals.
Thailand and Germany would be great examples.
Maybe the question should be reversed and one should ask ...
<<Why so many countries camp/park the immigrants in ghettos by denying them proper access to housing etc..
and lock them in menial jobs ? >>
Just ask any non-white person ( Black, Middle Eastern, Indian, Asian ETC ) how difficult it can be to find a house. appartment, a job in Texas, London, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Bkk .. How about the way Thailand deals with non-Thai, with Farangs ?
Why so many countries neglect to fully develop the immigrant s potential ? Thus giving rise to frustration and desperation.
Accepting countries must understand what kind of contribution to their new country the immigrants can offer and set up mechanisms-policies so that both the country and the immigrants would reap the most benefits.
We all have heard about the doctor driving a taxi, the engineer doing labour work ans so on..
What a waste of talents, expertise and experience.
The future will belong to those countries willing and capable of best integrating the ever increasing immigrant flow.

Jsell50
udonmap.com

Fear????

Post by Jsell50 » March 22, 2016, 11:02 pm

The best countries will put their citizens safety and way of life ahead of all other considerations. Almost all countries today have enough people to draw from already to fulfill any need imaginable. Why should they bring in anyone who could pose a threat to their way of life or their life itself?
The people out of touch with reality are those who believe all people are good despite so much evidence to the contrary.

Barney
udonmap.com

Fear????

Post by Barney » March 23, 2016, 3:21 pm

Jsell50 wrote:The best countries will put their citizens safety and way of life ahead of all other considerations. Almost all countries today have enough people to draw from already to fulfill any need imaginable. Why should they bring in anyone who could pose a threat to their way of life or their life itself?
The people out of touch with reality are those who believe all people are good despite so much evidence to the contrary.
Agree and the only Fear we should have is the fear of taking out the innocent when the dogs of war are eventually unleashed.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Fear????

Post by the-monk » March 23, 2016, 4:58 pm

<< Almost all countries today have enough people to draw from already to fulfill any need imaginable.>>
If that s the case then i dont understand why the OECD, the WORLD Bank, the Japanese and Chinese governments,
the EU etc are brandishing the skilled-labour shortage.. Google labour shortage ..With the boomers going into retirement a great number of countries will face labour shortage. When we have a mass exodus from a war-torn zone
the best and the brightest are first to leave not the poor farmers. They become fantastic assets for the receiving countries. I have experienced it...

Jsell50
udonmap.com

Fear????

Post by Jsell50 » March 23, 2016, 5:03 pm

And I have experienced the "poor farmers" overrunning the labor market. The only shortage these countries lack is one of education to fill the skills needed.

ronan01
udonmap.com

Fear????

Post by ronan01 » March 23, 2016, 5:17 pm

Barney wrote:
Jsell50 wrote:The best countries will put their citizens safety and way of life ahead of all other considerations. Almost all countries today have enough people to draw from already to fulfill any need imaginable. Why should they bring in anyone who could pose a threat to their way of life or their life itself?
Agree and the only Fear we should have is the fear of taking out the innocent when the dogs of war are eventually unleashed.
Sadly it will come to that.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Fear????

Post by marjamlew » March 23, 2016, 5:50 pm

I find it strange that people who have decided to emigrate to Thailand and basically turn their backs on their countries of birth have such strong opinions about those that seek to emigrate to said countries. You don't live there anymore so why do you give a rats?
The irony is that as a group of migrants into Thailand you are potential victims of the same xenophobia that you display towards the immigrants in your birth countries. That is, the Thais hate you (but love your money) as much as, if not more than, you hate Muslims in western countries.
Who will the karma bus catch up with?
Watch Me!!

Jsell50
udonmap.com

Fear????

Post by Jsell50 » March 23, 2016, 6:08 pm

I too, hate war. America has been labeled a war monger, a lot of times by countries that she, with the help of her allies, have at one time or another saved from harm. If America had stayed out of many of the wars she really had no stake in, she would be a much richer country today. If she had not helped many other countries with aid etc.; most of them would not be afloat today. Many minority populations in many countries today are being oppressed by their leaders. If we step in to help, 6 months later they will be calling us oppressors., or using the weapons of war we donated against us. I think the very best path America and a lot of other countries, could follow would be isolationism; at least until people really asked for their help.

Jsell50
udonmap.com

Fear????

Post by Jsell50 » March 23, 2016, 6:17 pm

"I find it strange that people who have decided to emigrate to Thailand and basically turn their backs on their countries of birth have such strong opinions about those that seek to emigrate to said countries."

First, I have never turned my back on America, even if it's leaders today have turned their backs on their own citizens. I came to Thailand because it is more economically feasible to retire here than there.

I have lived, surrounded by Muslims for over 2 years in an area of another country where I was warned never to go. A Muslim was the mayor, another the captain of police. I had one problem the whole time I lived there and the police captain handled it. When it was time for me to go, they both told me they were sorry to see it because I was a good man. Before you ask, no "Donations", and I am nowhere near rich. I just treated people the same as I expect to be treated. I do not hate Muslims, I hate what the jihadists do, and there are no clear cut tests to determine if a Muslim is one or not. All snakes are not poisonous either, but I would not let one live in my home until it bit me to see if it was or not. And no I am not calling all Muslims snakes, it is an analogy.

Return to “Open Forum”