Best dating websites?

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
milkman
udonmap.com

Best dating websites?

Post by milkman » February 25, 2015, 4:17 pm

A friend in the US has lost his dog of 15 years, and now he's looking for a Thai wife. He's asked me what's the best place to find someone. My knowledge is a bit outdated: I met my wife 9 years ago on megafriends.com. At the time, it was the most fantastic place to meet girls in Udon imaginable in that all the local girls went there, but no farang guys knew about it. So I had the whole place to myself- and ended up with an amazing wife, who's stayed amazing and made my life a great pleasure. But my question is, is megafriends still a great place? And what are other great websites?

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Best dating websites?

Post by merchant seaman » February 25, 2015, 4:35 pm

Am I missing something here? He wants to replace a dog with a Thai wife? Why not another dog?
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

mac1966
udonmap.com

Re: Best dating websites?

Post by mac1966 » February 25, 2015, 4:48 pm

It's usually the other way around.

Try OK cupid website

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

old-timer
udonmap.com

Best dating websites?

Post by old-timer » February 25, 2015, 5:10 pm

Things have changed in the last nine years. You need to be extra cautious with the Thai WFB's on these websites nowadays for the simple reason there are so many WFB's that are not what they make out to be. Next thing you know you're head over heels in love after a heated romance via the internet and sending roses and money to your new found teeluk who actually has more than one guy on the go.
The dating sites must be the easiest way for these dis-honest people to work, although I am sure there are plenty of honest ones. Just need to be carefuller than years ago.(Nice grammar).

OT.............. \:D/

macca46
udonmap.com

Best dating websites?

Post by macca46 » February 25, 2015, 7:27 pm

Did you mean more careful????????????? 555555

747man
udonmap.com

Best dating websites?

Post by 747man » February 25, 2015, 7:39 pm

old-timer wrote:Things have changed in the last nine years. You need to be extra cautious with the Thai WFB's on these websites nowadays for the simple reason there are so many WFB's that are not what they make out to be. Next thing you know you're head over heels in love after a heated romance via the internet and sending roses and money to your new found teeluk who actually has more than one guy on the go.
The dating sites must be the easiest way for these dis-honest people to work, although I am sure there are plenty of honest ones. Just need to be carefuller than years ago.(Nice grammar).

OT.............. \:D/
Here Ya Go, I've found one for ya,O.T....
B7pBtABIIAAsud4.jpg

747man
udonmap.com

Best dating websites?

Post by 747man » February 25, 2015, 7:40 pm

macca46 wrote:Did you mean more careful????????????? 555555
Macca, Forgive Him, It's his AGE :shock:

socksy
udonmap.com

Best dating websites?

Post by socksy » February 25, 2015, 7:51 pm

If a Thai treacle has to rely on online dating they are effing desperate and will likely cream foreigners.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

rick
udonmap.com

Best dating websites?

Post by rick » February 25, 2015, 8:33 pm

Years since i looked but can try Dateinasia. Free, and typically about 50-100 women from Udon actively using it when i used to look. Most are dogs but some although a bit plain can be quite good. Young (i.e under 30) attractive girls probably have an ulterior motive (just money) but those 30 plus mainly looking for a long term partner. Obviously need to use due diligence to sift out the dodgy ones, and never commit until you have met in the flesh a few times.

Good test is to get them to recommend a reasonable modestly priced hotel - if they say the Centara or equivalent, expect the bank account to take a bashing. One girl actually suggested the hotel i was intending to use - a good sign; still a good friend.

747man
udonmap.com

Best dating websites?

Post by 747man » February 25, 2015, 9:14 pm

Rick said........Most are dogs.....Do They Howl or Bark, Rick ??

old-timer
udonmap.com

Best dating websites?

Post by old-timer » February 25, 2015, 9:59 pm

macca46 wrote:Did you mean more careful????????????? 555555
Yes. Thanks.

OT............... \:D/

novo58
udonmap.com

Best dating websites?

Post by novo58 » February 26, 2015, 10:22 am

Ive seen ads for :

thailovelinks.com
thailovelines.com

probably both really the same site. But as someone said ................many scammers ( both male and female)

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Best dating websites?

Post by Hoopoe » February 27, 2015, 5:01 am

Could try ,Thai Personal Connections,but brains before nob ,no head long rush ,then we wont here another sob story ,

milkman
udonmap.com

Best dating websites?

Post by milkman » June 26, 2015, 1:41 pm

I have a friend coming to Udon to meet someone, so asked a friend who just got married to a lovely girl. He said he met her at a free website- plentyof fishes, I think he said. This destroys my theory that the girls you'd meet at free websites would be less desirable than those you'd pay to meet. Any thoughts?

joepai
udonmap.com

Best dating websites?

Post by joepai » June 26, 2015, 4:08 pm

Tell him to buy another dog - far less money in the long run
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

GT93
udonmap.com

Best dating websites?

Post by GT93 » June 26, 2015, 4:17 pm

I'm curious if OT had a date with the lass 747man suggested. I suspect not. He's carefuller than that. :D
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

cali4995
udonmap.com

Best dating websites?

Post by cali4995 » June 26, 2015, 7:56 pm

milkman wrote:I have a friend coming to Udon to meet someone, so asked a friend who just got married to a lovely girl. He said he met her at a free website- plentyof fishes, I think he said. This destroys my theory that the girls you'd meet at free websites would be less desirable than those you'd pay to meet. Any thoughts?
it seems like a good idea , looking on internet but 95% of them are just playing. 1 want free english lessons
2 got a new smartphone like to tease guys or 3 already have husband so whats harm in a little mischief

im afraid the old fashioned way still prevails. or, as was said, maybe easier to just replace dog :-k

747man
udonmap.com

Best dating websites?

Post by 747man » June 26, 2015, 8:01 pm

GT93 wrote:I'm curious if OT had a date with the lass 747man suggested. I suspect not. He's carefuller than that. :D
Of Course He DID,How COULD He Resist The Charms of A Liverpool Lass :lol: :lol: :lol:

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Best dating websites?

Post by jai yen yen » June 26, 2015, 11:28 pm

milkman wrote:A friend in the US has lost his dog of 15 years, and now he's looking for a Thai wife. He's asked me what's the best place to find someone. My knowledge is a bit outdated: I met my wife 9 years ago on megafriends.com. At the time, it was the most fantastic place to meet girls in Udon imaginable in that all the local girls went there, but no farang guys knew about it. So I had the whole place to myself- and ended up with an amazing wife, who's stayed amazing and made my life a great pleasure. But my question is, is megafriends still a great place? And what are other great websites?
Wow, wants to replace his dog with a Thai wife, sounds like a real true romance in the making. I hope she likes it doggy style. I hope he at least buys her a new collar. Maybe he would better of looking in the spca website though.

Return to “Open Forum”