Give it Back

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
old-timer
udonmap.com

Give it Back

Post by old-timer » February 3, 2015, 4:01 pm

Why doesn't a Thai person, and it's only thai people that do this, borrow or help themselves to your stuff and never give it back. OT has to ask for his own things back when they are taken with or without my say so and if I don't ask I don't get.
Talk about fed up with it, now my cordless Makita drill has gone walkies.
I've even had the chopping board in the kitchen go missing before until I spotted it in my brother in laws house covered in ----.

OT........... \:D/

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Give it Back

Post by FrazeeDK » February 3, 2015, 4:14 pm

While I've experienced some of that in the past, I haven't had anything "walk away" from the house in years... The wife has an extended set of relations (over 30) all through her half-sister (only surviving direct relation) and her eight grown children and their kids, and on to further kids.. They don't bother us, they don't ask for money, and they visit us rarely and when they do are quite helpful around the house.. Guess I lucked out...
Dave

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Give it Back

Post by jackspratt » February 3, 2015, 5:01 pm

I found that setting the boundaries early on - via my wife - worked very well, after a couple of minor hiccups. =D>

Of course, she needs to be onside, so that the right message is delivered.

If she knows you have a predilection for chasing WFBs, it may result in a less than optimal message. \:D/

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Give it Back

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 3, 2015, 8:09 pm

This seems to be a problem in the west too, in particular, with teenage girls who borrow things from their friends and fail to return the items.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Give it Back

Post by mortiboy » February 3, 2015, 8:25 pm

Lent 25,000 baht to my previous Girlfriend (Joy)
(Her mother dying which was true) said give me back from 200.000 life ins.
But spent it on horse race bets booze and lottery
( Her loyal sister told me after mae Die!)
Wonder where she is now? :-k
Mai mee tahng !

old-timer
udonmap.com

Give it Back

Post by old-timer » February 4, 2015, 2:13 am

Not a good idea to lend money to a Thai, that is risky business. Whenever I've lent money to a member of the family it's either been forgotten about or repaid and re borrowed plus some.
Mind you in all fairness her friends who have falang boyfriends or husbands always pay back. And times when my wife has borrowed money from her friends to buy expensive things she can't afford muggings here picks up the debt so I suppose it works the same for them.

OT..........rambling on......... \:D/

Earnest
udonmap.com

Give it Back

Post by Earnest » February 4, 2015, 2:50 am

old-timer wrote:And it's only Thai people that do this, borrow or help themselves to your stuff and never give it back.
My batty brother-in-law helped himself to my big bottle of Singha beer once so I threw a hissy fit. But that was 25 years back and nothing like that has happened since.

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:This seems to be a problem in the west too, in particular, with teenage girls who borrow things from their friends and fail to return the items.
Yes! My little sister helped herself to all my 1980s music cassettes while I was living in Hong Kong. I never saw them again, readers. Life was never the same without Swing Out Sister. :cry:
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Give it Back

Post by Hoopoe » February 20, 2015, 5:30 am

Set the boundary's , early,if not you'll have to throw a ---- fit to achieve leave my tool's etc alone , Thai's believe possession is 100 percent law ,things that are still working ,stay disappeared , things broken appear and no ones used it ,i set the rules very early , there's 2 inlaws i will lend anything to , they like myself believe return ASAP in same or better condition , everyone else can swivel

Return to “Open Forum”