basic cell phone issues

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
waltpong
udonmap.com

basic cell phone issues

Post by waltpong » January 9, 2015, 9:02 pm

I have a very basic cell phone no bells or whistles on it. I just use it for making local calls and road problems or just to
call the wife/friends ect. had this phone for over 2 years no issues until last month. The phone uses True move sim card
and I have over 300 bhat on it and now true move says that I have to top up every month even though I have money in
it to keep it active if I dont top up I loose my phone connection to call out and have only emergency call capabilities on it.

So does anyone know what has happened to the Thai phone system here and are all cell phones now like that?

rickfarang
udonmap.com

basic cell phone issues

Post by rickfarang » January 9, 2015, 11:37 pm

I have been using 1-2-3 call for 13 or 14 years and if I don't add about THB 100 each month, my account will expire. It is common. D Prompt for a while on another phone, they had similar policies.

waanjai
udonmap.com

basic cell phone issues

Post by waanjai » January 10, 2015, 3:16 am

With AIS or 123 call the following rules apply:

For every 10 Baht You enter (or let someone else enter) into the top-up machine in front of Telewiz, CentralPlaza 2nd floor, you will prolong the contract for one further month.

So, whenever You just want to prolong the contract (i.e. keeping your current Telephone number) You should feed the machine with multiples of 10 Baht. 10 10-Bath coins will prolong your contract for 10 months. Guess, what happens if You insert 20 10-Baht-coins. 8)
Topping up more than 10 baht is advised if you actually use the "devils machine" for making calls more often.
Please wear suitable clothing when attending a concert in Udon Thani. Slacks and short-sleeved shirts are ok, shorts, tank tops or muscle shirts are not.

trubrit
udonmap.com

basic cell phone issues

Post by trubrit » January 10, 2015, 8:06 am

As I very rarely use my mobile phone for outgoing calls but need the facility of receiving SMS, from the bank, quite frequently. I have used a Dtac programme which gives a twelve month life span and I only top it up once each year with 200bht .Which then extends it for a further year. It cost me a one off 50bht to register for 7 years ago. On the rare occasion I make a call from it, I am charged 2bht a minute.It also has the added advantage that when using their on line site I can send 50 SMS to other Dtac phones per month , absolutely free.Other numbers just 2bht each .I find this very useful as you simply type your message using the computer keyboard and don't have to fiddle with the phones small keys .
You might have to ask at a Dtac shop about it as I have never seen it advertised .
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

degilbo
udonmap.com

basic cell phone issues

Post by degilbo » January 10, 2015, 10:23 am

I am with Dtac and have used this code to extend my validity:

Extend Validity - Press : *113*[number of days 30/90/180]*9#send Example: *113*180*9# send for 180 day extension

Full list of Keypress Codes for DTAC, 1-2 Call and True Move located at this link
http://thaiprepaidcard.com/ussd-keypress-codes/

parrot
udonmap.com

basic cell phone issues

Post by parrot » January 10, 2015, 11:19 am

trubrit wrote:As I very rarely use my mobile phone for outgoing calls but need the facility of receiving SMS, from the bank, quite frequently. I have used a Dtac programme which gives a twelve month life span and I only top it up once each year with 200bht .Which then extends it for a further year. It cost me a one off 50bht to register for 7 years ago. On the rare occasion I make a call from it, I am charged 2bht a minute.It also has the added advantage that when using their on line site I can send 50 SMS to other Dtac phones per month , absolutely free.Other numbers just 2bht each .I find this very useful as you simply type your message using the computer keyboard and don't have to fiddle with the phones small keys .
You might have to ask at a Dtac shop about it as I have never seen it advertised .

I have a similar deal with AIS. Costs about 50 baht a year.

There's more phone packages out there than you can imagine...all advertised on the individual companies websites. If you're overwhelmed by the offerings or have a difficult time decyphering the Thenglish, you can call their service number. Most companies have competent English speaking staff (albeit not at individual offices).

rickfarang
udonmap.com

basic cell phone issues

Post by rickfarang » January 10, 2015, 12:24 pm

With those terms, I clearly have to change my plan.

glalt
udonmap.com

basic cell phone issues

Post by glalt » January 11, 2015, 8:16 pm

waltpong wrote:I have a very basic cell phone no bells or whistles on it. I just use it for making local calls and road problems or just to
call the wife/friends ect. had this phone for over 2 years no issues until last month. The phone uses True move sim card
and I have over 300 bhat on it and now true move says that I have to top up every month even though I have money in
it to keep it active if I dont top up I loose my phone connection to call out and have only emergency call capabilities on it.

So does anyone know what has happened to the Thai phone system here and are all cell phones now like that?
I also had that pain with True until I found that I could easily extend the days. Dial *934# to extend 30 days. I think it costs about 3 baht per 30 days. You can extend up to a year.

waltpong
udonmap.com

basic cell phone issues

Post by waltpong » January 11, 2015, 8:27 pm

Thanks glalt, thats exactly what I found out today going to true move at Central Plaza they did it all for me and told me
about the *934# to extend 3 bhat per month plan.

Return to “Open Forum”