Prince Andrew, Duke of York KG GCVO CD ADC(P)

World news discussion forum
Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Prince Andrew, Duke of York KG GCVO CD ADC(P)

Post by Khun Paul » April 4, 2022, 10:35 am

jackspratt wrote:
April 3, 2022, 10:30 pm
GT93 wrote:
April 3, 2022, 3:20 am

The Queen amid great pomp with a bloke who hung around a paedophile ring for 10 years.
I think you need to refresh your understanding of the definition of "paedophile".
I think GT93 should really keep quiet his murmurings are becoming very annoying and insulting , about people who rarely if ever respond. So easy to knock a thousand year institution who never fights back.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » April 4, 2022, 4:22 pm

I disagree, Sir, a republican argument from within the Commonwealth is healthy.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 4, 2022, 5:03 pm

Earnest wrote:
April 4, 2022, 4:22 pm
It was not an argument or even a discussion, just a another insulting snide remark made by an idiot about the Royal Family . Bet he would not say it to her face and ................live!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 4, 2022, 7:03 pm

Perhaps that's exactly the reason why so many are turning against the Royal Family ........ the "my motor runs on "LEFTOVER" white wine ha ha ha ".... whilst everyone else is trying to afford a glass with their meal and certainly never have any leftover

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » April 5, 2022, 1:01 am

Agree, there are people with that attitude in the Royal Family - Andrew at the forefront.
Khun Paul wrote:
April 4, 2022, 5:03 pm
Earnest wrote:
It was not an argument or even a discussion, just a another insulting snide remark made by an idiot about the Royal Family . Bet he would not say it to her face and ................live!
I meant argument in a larger sense, Sir, the republican position occupied by the colonials. I've pressed and warmed your pyjamas, they're on your cabin bunk.

Chin, chin.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » April 5, 2022, 7:14 am

and what of this name change from saxe-coburg and gotha to the more english sounding house of
windsor in 1917? g.o.t. seems the lame version

of this never-ending soap opera. watered down

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 5, 2022, 8:52 am

pepesgrill wrote:
April 5, 2022, 7:14 am
and what of this name change from saxe-coburg and gotha to the more english sounding house of
windsor in 1917? g.o.t. seems the lame version

of this never-ending soap opera. watered down
It wouldn't do for the British Royal family to have a German name in the First World War. Canada, for instance, changed the name of the small city of Berlin to the more appropriate Kitchener-Waterloo during the same war.

Any Republicans lurking in the colony of British North America at that time would have suffered physical injury.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 5, 2022, 9:00 am

Kitchener Waterloo are wo seperate cities Kitchener was the one that changed its name
"While several unsuccessful attempts to combine the municipalities of Kitchener and Waterloo have been made, following the 1973 establishment of the Region of Waterloo, less motivation to do so existed, and as a result, Waterloo remains an independent city."

The city of Berlin, Ontario, changed its name to Kitchener by referendum in May and June 1916. Named in 1833 after the capital of Prussia and later the German Empire, the name Berlin became unsavoury for residents after Great Britain and Canada's entry into the First World War.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 5, 2022, 1:53 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
Earnest wrote:
If I met the Queen, I wouldn't mention Andrew Windsor. I'd ask her to help speed up NZ's inevitable move to a republic. I wouldn't bother to ask her to resign as I know she wouldn't do that. She's too old school.

I suspect the NZ head of state functions in the House of Windsor are already handled by Prince Charles. He is, in effect, already the Kxxg of New Zealand.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 5, 2022, 4:14 pm

GT93 wrote:
April 5, 2022, 1:53 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
Earnest wrote:
If I met the Queen, I wouldn't mention Andrew Windsor. I'd ask her to help speed up NZ's inevitable move to a republic. I wouldn't bother to ask her to resign as I know she wouldn't do that. She's too old school.

I suspect the NZ head of state functions in the House of Windsor are already handled by Prince Charles. He is, in effect, already the Kxxg of New Zealand.
The FATE or otherwise of New zealnad is in the hands of the public which i assume you are one of them. Stop whinging and do something or be quiet .

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 5, 2022, 5:44 pm

tamada wrote:
April 3, 2022, 8:23 am
GT93 wrote:
April 3, 2022, 3:20 am

The Queen amid great pomp with a bloke who hung around a paedophile ring for 10 years. :shock: There are plenty of other Windsors who could have accompanied her.
Maybe Andrew's the only one who makes her feel really young again?
Perhaps. He will be the best of the four at working his mum. I suspect the more worldly Duke of Edinburgh could easily see through Andrew Windsor.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 5, 2022, 6:55 pm

GT93 wrote:
April 5, 2022, 1:53 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
Earnest wrote:

This might come as a very unwelcome surprise to you, but 99.5% of the human race could not give a flying flamingo if NZ becomes a Republic or stays as whatever it is at present. Stop getting your scanties in a twist, no one cares.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 5, 2022, 9:52 pm

Doodoo wrote:
April 5, 2022, 9:00 am
Kitchener Waterloo are wo seperate cities Kitchener was the one that changed its name
"While several unsuccessful attempts to combine the municipalities of Kitchener and Waterloo have been made, following the 1973 establishment of the Region of Waterloo, less motivation to do so existed, and as a result, Waterloo remains an independent city."

The city of Berlin, Ontario, changed its name to Kitchener by referendum in May and June 1916. Named in 1833 after the capital of Prussia and later the German Empire, the name Berlin became unsavoury for residents after Great Britain and Canada's entry into the First World War.
Correct, thanks Doodoo.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 6, 2022, 2:38 am

AlexO wrote:
April 5, 2022, 6:55 pm

This might come as a very unwelcome surprise to you, but 99.5% of the human race could not give a flying flamingo if NZ becomes a Republic or stays as whatever it is at present. Stop getting your scanties in a twist, no one cares.
I don't think that's quite right. I think countries such as NZ removing the British monarch as head of state will be unsettling in the UK. The UK has recently pissed all over Europe and will see it's connection with its former closest colonies dialed back. Where does that leave in the UK in the world? I think Commonwealth countries becoming republics will also encourage Britons to question their own constitutional arrangements even more.

Andrew Windsor's deplorable conduct and victim bashing pushes these kinds of issues to the fore. I don't want my head of state promoting Andrew Windsor's return to public life. That's totally unacceptable even allowing for the Queen's distinguished service. The sooner Prince Charles flicks his brother down the road the better. I'm not saying hang Andrew Windsor (or Maxwell). Just remove Windsor from any princely duties.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 6, 2022, 7:02 am

GT93 wrote:
April 6, 2022, 2:38 am
AlexO wrote:

I don't think that's quite right. I think countries such as NZ removing the British monarch as head of state will be unsettling in the UK. The UK has recently pissed all over Europe and will see it's connection with its former closest colonies dialed back. Where does that leave in the UK in the world? I think Commonwealth countries becoming republics will also encourage Britons to question their own constitutional arrangements even more.

Andrew Windsor's deplorable conduct and victim bashing pushes these kinds of issues to the fore. I don't want my head of state promoting Andrew Windsor's return to public life. That's totally unacceptable even allowing for the Queen's distinguished service. The sooner Prince Charles flicks his brother down the road the better. I'm not saying hang Andrew Windsor (or Maxwell). Just remove Windsor from any princely duties.
I do not think for one moment that the British Public give a damn about whether the Royal family remain HEAd of State or not in nz , however I will say despite the cost of having your OWN head of state requiring more elctions and money possibly badly spent in have a president and also every Four years may weigh on the NZ public as even more costs . Not forgetting paying for their Pensions until they die . You do not pay wages to the Queen or her successors and paying a pension does not happen. Interesting times

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 6, 2022, 8:55 am

^ As is the case in Australia, I am sure there are already considerable costs involved for NZ in setting up, and maintaining, the office of the Governor General.

And there are various possible models for changing to a Presidential system, not all of which involve an election. I can't imagine the citizens and politicians of either NZ or Oz would want to remotely follow the farce that takes place over a 4 year US presidential election cycle.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 6, 2022, 11:02 am

GT93 wrote:
April 6, 2022, 2:38 am
AlexO wrote:

The population of the UK will not even think twice about NZ becoming a Republic. The vast majority think you are already. As for the people questioning the UK's constitutional arrangements, some have for many years but they all tend to be Marxist or Irish Republican halfwits who basically just like the sound of their own voice. You need to look at back issues of your favourite rag, I am sure the Marxist/Republican columnists were celebrating when Andrew was stripped of all Military Honorable titles and had all Royal duties and representations removed by Her Majesty. She is still his mum though and she was obviously making that point at Phillips memorial.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 6, 2022, 11:28 am

jackspratt wrote:
April 6, 2022, 8:55 am
^ As is the case in Australia, I am sure there are already considerable costs involved for NZ in setting up, and maintaining, the office of the Governor General.

And there are various possible models for changing to a Presidential system, not all of which involve an election. I can't imagine the citizens and politicians of either NZ or Oz would want to remotely follow the farce that takes place over a 4 year US presidential election cycle.
We are getting a little way off the titled topic but here goes. The Governor General position in NZ and previously (or still is) in Australia is basically a ceremonial role so why go to the bother of replacing that role with a ceremonial President. Change the title of the Prime Minister to President if you feel you need one or just leave things as they are where the Prime Minister is head of state and like our Marvelous Boris has 'his' finger on the button.

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » April 7, 2022, 8:54 am

after the " only fair-skinned hobbits " debacle i

can only imagine #10 downing st. is trying to
distance itself from nz and their medieval policies

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » April 8, 2022, 12:57 am

BoJo couldn't pin NZ on a map, Cali.

There's a new BBC iPlayer docu on the Maxwell family with a focus on Captain Bob and Ghislaine Maxwell.

Return to “World News”