Prince Andrew, Duke of York KG GCVO CD ADC(P)

World news discussion forum
GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » January 5, 2015, 12:19 pm

Prince Andrew has been subject to some sensational allegations in the US. We've touched on them in some other threads, so I thought I'd go ahead and create a thread just for this topic. Here's a link for those not in the know:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015 ... ham-palace

Apparently it's a growing crisis "after claims in an American court case that he had “sexual relations” with an underage girl who had been forced into sexual slavery by the multi-millionaire investor Jeffrey Epstein".

This isn't just about alleged underage sxx but also about alleged sexual slavery. Now let's try to be reasonably respectful as some or perhaps more than some posters get distressed if posters are too rude about the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. I think there's a lot of life left in this story.

Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » January 5, 2015, 12:28 pm

Tut tut GT trolling again???

I will believe that you are not if you can tell me..
1, What this has to do with Udon Thani &
2. Why it needs a new thread all of its' own when it has already been discussed.

Otherwise I can only believe that you are playing your silly stirring games again & advise others to just ignore it...

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » January 5, 2015, 12:44 pm

I thought my introduction was moderate Bob. Like many topics it doesn't have much or anything to do with Udon, but other threads on high profile litigation (e.g. Rolf Harris) have been popular and udonmap has lots of active posters from the UK and the Commonwealth. It's been touched on in more than one thread so I thought there might be some interest to put it in the one thread. I accept there's a risk that the thread might get out of hand and need locking but that's beyond my control. I hope it doesn't get that bad.

Farang in Thailand are usually pretty liberal on sexual issues so the topic might get discussed differently here from the mainstream media. Posters here might be quite sympathetic to Prince Andrew since a fair few might have looked at a girl before and thought how old is she really? Cripes some might have even had sexual relations with a sex slave and not even have known it (nor reasonably should have known it).

Personally I think the allegations look codswallop at the moment but who knows what might yet come out. Your advice and feedback is noted.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » January 5, 2015, 12:53 pm

It is generally accepted that 1 thread on any subject is enough...
The Rolf Harris thread (for example) was in World News, you have placed this in Open Forum - implying that it is actually about Udon..

But you carry on if you so wish as it is not breaking any Forum rules.

Personally i think it is a thread deliberately designed to create antagonism between members & will now stay well away from further postings on it...

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 5, 2015, 12:57 pm

BobHelm wrote:Tut tut GT trolling again???

I will believe that you are not if you can tell me..
1, What this has to do with Udon Thani &
2. Why it needs a new thread all of its' own when it has already been discussed.

Otherwise I can only believe that you are playing your silly stirring games again & advise others to just ignore it...
Happy to accept your advice in this case, Bob. =D>

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » January 5, 2015, 1:03 pm

BobHelm wrote: 1, What this has to do with Udon Thani &
What does "Australian Federal Politics", or "American Thinking", etc etc have to do with Udonthani???

Seems somebody touched a nerve.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » January 5, 2015, 1:09 pm

Sorry if I put it in the wrong forum. Feel free to move it. I didn't intend to provoke antagonism between members although I expected differences of opinion. Perhaps you're right and it's just too sensitive a topic that flows into strong antagonism too quickly. Probably a bit too tabloidy as well.

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » January 5, 2015, 1:25 pm

BobHelm wrote:you have placed this in Open Forum - implying that it is actually about Udon..
What are you talking about Bob Moderator? Please go back to the "How to be a Moderator" Manual.
Open forum is for any subject and does not necessarily need to be about Udon. Agreed that this thread could have been posted under "World News" seeing as it has a link to a foreign newspaper report in the OP.
OT was once considered for a job as a moderator, quite rightly so. I got fired before I started though. Westerby aka Earnest knows all about that.

OT................ \:D/

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 5, 2015, 1:52 pm

Simon (the Old Timer) was verbally offered a post as an Udon Talk moderator in 2009 but the offer was retracted online just after the website's launch. This resulted in some animosity ending in Simon being banned from Udon Talk.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » January 5, 2015, 2:25 pm

The link states:

"US court papers filed last week alleged that Roberts, described using the alias Jane Doe #3, was forced to have “sexual relations” with Prince Andrew in London, New York and on Epstein’s private island in the US Virgin Islands during an alleged orgy with other underage girls."

Presumably the relevant authorities could establish whether or not Prince Andrew and Jane Doe were in these different countries at the alleged relevant times. If they weren't then Prince Andrew would appear to be in the clear. If they were, then more sleuthing would be needed. I guess the press and particularly the British press are on the hunt for the relevant information now. I understand that there's no active criminal investigation at present.

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » January 5, 2015, 2:43 pm

If sexual slavery then would like to know if the parents reported to the police at the time that their daughter is missing judging by the different places she was supposed to be or whether they can back up the dates by saying they thought she was just a traveling tourist,no school :-k ,a bit bizarre :-k 8)

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » January 5, 2015, 3:05 pm

She might have been a runaway. I agree it's looking a bit too weird to be credible. Even so it still puts Prince Andrew and the firm in a difficult position. They'll want to kill the issue as soon as possible. Their advisers will be working overtime.

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » January 5, 2015, 5:26 pm

Get off the p*ss GT - its ruining the remaining tiny piece of brain lodged somwhere in your skull

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » January 5, 2015, 5:34 pm

So at worst she was an under age Prostitute who's Father allowed her to Travel the World with a Multi Millionaire so she could give Massages, interesting 8) .... https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/258 ... slave-dad/

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » January 5, 2015, 5:45 pm

Nothing should be surpprising when it comes to one of the worlds most disfunctional families.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » January 5, 2015, 5:50 pm

Don't be too hard on the Girl and her Family MS, she did get $15.000 for it .....

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » January 5, 2015, 5:57 pm

So presumably she was a certified masseur with qualifications so that nothing untoward would be happening,now want to hear from the mother and her spin on the story :D 8)

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » January 5, 2015, 6:12 pm

Aardvark wrote:Don't be too hard on the Girl and her Family MS, she did get $15.000 for it .....
Was referring to the other disfuctional family.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » January 6, 2015, 12:12 am

Thanks for the good link Aardy. This story is growing and is fair game for discussion despite some earlier discouragement. Even a poster such as ronan01 is outside his usual threads and following the story while making his customary contribution.

If it's true, it would seem the Prince should be wearing striped pyjamas somewhere. Still I have big doubts about the allegations. It also seems there's now an allegation that the Queen met the girl.

Bonanza
udonmap.com

Post by Bonanza » January 6, 2015, 1:46 am

The palace has 'emphatically denied all allegations', so this is enough for me. If anyone continues the discussion then I have to assume they place more reliance on some attention seeking slut and her lawyers. ( Oh, I forgot - it's from America, so it must be the truth!!!!) :D

Return to “World News”