Visa extension

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
chipthepoodle
udonmap.com

Visa extension

Post by chipthepoodle » September 28, 2014, 12:33 pm

Where can I get a 30 day extension on my Non O visa, I only need 30 days as I go back u.k for son wedding, Udon will only give 7 days.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Visa extension

Post by BobHelm » September 28, 2014, 12:45 pm

Probably easiest just to go over the bridge & come back & get 30 days without a visa - if you are a UK national.
If you live in Udon & go elsewhere they will probably tell you to go to Udon anyway.. :shock:

The 7 day extension thing for O visas has been set at the top in Udon so no point in complaining.
Even though the rules say that you can get 30 days...sadly it has that old catch all 'at the officer's discretion'.

It is a pity as Udon Office have a fairly good reputation for fairness - apart from this strange & puzzling reluctance to extend O visas for perfectly valid reasons..

nmcd1649
udonmap.com

Visa extension

Post by nmcd1649 » September 28, 2014, 5:07 pm

Can you confirm what type 'O' Visa you have is it a 90 day single entry ?? I'm travelling to Udon later this year on a Type 'O' 90 day single entry (pensioner) visa and was hoping to get a 30 day extension at Udon immigration at the end of my 90 day trip which would have given me a total 120 days in Udon. Anyone one else experienced this 7 day rather than 30 day extension to this type of visa.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Visa extension

Post by BobHelm » September 28, 2014, 6:23 pm

I have never tried to extend an O visa at Udon because I have been under the idea that they will not grant more than 7 days extension.
I also understand they they WILL grant a 30 day extension on a 60 day Tourist Visa though..

Go figure!! :shock:

It is, however still easy enough to nip across the border at The Bridge & do a swift turnaround & get 30 days that way..

Despite the so say crack down on border runners I have not heard of anyone who has been refused the xx day visa exemption there, It might cause them to ask some questions if you had a string of consecutive ones, but not just for a single one following an O visa...

It is certainly worth going into the Udon office & asking them as it is possible that one day they will see that this is not an especially 'user friendly' interpretation of the rules by them....but it is always good to have a Plan B when they say 7 days only... :D

nmcd1649
udonmap.com

Visa extension

Post by nmcd1649 » September 28, 2014, 6:26 pm

I should have added to my last post that as per Bobs comments a trip to 'the bridge' and another 30 day tourist visa would not be a problem for me however my wife is travelling with me and she is wheelchair bound and the hassle and logistics involved in doing this would be a nightmare and stressful for her, maybe immigration would look kindly on our situation..!! one lives in hope...

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Visa extension

Post by BobHelm » September 28, 2014, 6:33 pm

If they didn't then it might be worth your while 'staying' in Nong Khai, rather than Udon for a while, & so present yourself to the Nong Khai office.
My understanding is that (especially if you can show them your return air tickets out of Thailand) that they take a rather more generous approach to Udon on extensions for O visas.

But, it is certainly worthwhile checking with Udon beforehand..

reddevil
udonmap.com

Visa extension

Post by reddevil » September 28, 2014, 6:39 pm

Just did a tourist visa extension in Udon last Thursday 30 days 1900 Bht

nmcd1649
udonmap.com

Visa extension

Post by nmcd1649 » September 28, 2014, 6:40 pm

Bob thanks for your comments and advice very much appreciated I'll check out with Udon immigration first and see how it goes hopefully they'll have some heart and look kindly on our situation. Looking forward to our trip to Udon and seeing the grand kids

chipthepoodle
udonmap.com

Visa extension

Post by chipthepoodle » September 29, 2014, 12:01 pm

nmcd1649 wrote:Can you confirm what type 'O' Visa you have is it a 90 day single entry ?? I'm travelling to Udon later this year on a Type 'O' 90 day single entry (pensioner) visa and was hoping to get a 30 day extension at Udon immigration at the end of my 90 day trip which would have given me a total 120 days in Udon. Anyone one else experienced this 7 day rather than 30 day extension to this type of visa.
My visa was for 1 year multiple entries Non O for pensioner can use as many times as you like and if you use correctly you can get 15 months in Thailand but you only get 90 days each time and must go over border for 1 night

chipthepoodle
udonmap.com

Visa extension

Post by chipthepoodle » September 29, 2014, 12:03 pm

Get the 1 year visa £125 Udon not give extension 30 days

Return to “Open Forum”