obamacare is a joke, good for illegals and welfare people

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Post by Jing Jing » January 27, 2015, 8:58 am

The plan that keeps on giving new surprises.
The government's health insurance website is quietly sending consumers' personal data to private companies that specialize in advertising and analyzing Internet data for performance and marketing, The Associated Press has learned.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » January 27, 2015, 2:34 pm

Jing Jing wrote:The plan that keeps on giving new surprises.
The government's health insurance website is quietly sending consumers' personal data to private companies that specialize in advertising and analyzing Internet data for performance and marketing, The Associated Press has learned.
Update:
http://www.wcvb.com/money/obamacare-web ... g/30887736

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Post by Jing Jing » January 28, 2015, 9:12 am

The government has stopped openly sharing your personal information from the Obamacare website with private companies.
It says openly sharing, so they are sharing , but doing it in another way. They only showed CNNMoney one part of the computer code and CNNMoney took the bait :fryingpan: Americans just keep drinking the Kool-Aid.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » February 13, 2015, 4:16 am

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/12/opini ... type=Blogs

An opinion piece concluding that Obamacare is terrific and we can tell that by looking at the people against it. She provides some details on the plaintiffs in the case pending before the Supreme Court.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Jsell50
udonmap.com

Post by Jsell50 » February 13, 2015, 6:27 am

Oh Gee,
An op-ed piece from a NY Times Liberal writer praising Obamacare. I wonder how much weight thinking people should give to this???

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 13, 2015, 7:32 am

Don't forget - the deadline is February 15th! :D

This will have the conservatives in an apoplexy. :evil: :D

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 13, 2015, 11:48 am

Gail Collins write op-eds for the NYT, usually adding a bit of humor to her columns. Today's column is about Obamacare.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/12/opini ... acare.html

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 13, 2015, 12:35 pm

Sorry, GT, I missed your post on the previous page about Gail Collins' op-ed

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » February 13, 2015, 1:31 pm

parrot wrote:Gail Collins write op-eds for the NYT, usually adding a bit of humor to her columns. Today's column is about Obamacare.
Just like the title of this thread states, "Obamacare is a joke."
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 13, 2015, 4:59 pm

merchant seaman wrote:
parrot wrote:Gail Collins write op-eds for the NYT, usually adding a bit of humor to her columns. Today's column is about Obamacare.
Just like the title of this thread states, "Obamacare is a joke."
More than 10 million people don't think it's a joke.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » February 13, 2015, 5:12 pm

So many without a sense of humor? Who took that poll? Don't forget if you spent more then 30 days in the U.S.during the last year you must be covered under Obamacare if you are a U.S. citizen.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Post by Jing Jing » February 13, 2015, 6:44 pm

While the back story of the people in this case may make for interesting tabloid fodder I doubt this will be on the minds of the members of the court. You have to look to the amicus briefs to find the constitutional issue.
"The federalism issues in the case are incredibly important and haven’t received sufficient attention yet,” said [Professor] Gluck, who is an expert on Congress, federalism, and health law. “The challengers’ reading would impose drastic consequences on the states — including the collapse of 34 state insurance markets — without anything close to the clear notice the Supreme Court has required in case after case when Congress intrudes on the states."
BRIEF FOR PROFESSORS THOMAS W. MERRILL, GILLIAN E. METZGER, ABBE R. GLUCK, AND NICHOLAS BAGLEY AS AMICI
CURIAE SUPPORTING RESPONDENT

The PPACA is not a model of legislative drafting. Nonetheless, the Act’s tax credit eligibility
provisions are crystal clear. Section 1401 only authorizes tax credits for insurance purchased through
an Exchange “established by the state.” If the Administration or other health care reform advocates
are uncomfortable with this result, it must be fixed by Congress, rather than by administrative fiat.
Jonathan
H. Adler Case Western University School of Law

Jsell50
udonmap.com

Post by Jsell50 » February 14, 2015, 2:35 pm

I'm glad I will never have to pay another penny into the system that produces laws like this one though I do feel sorry for friends and family that have to live under it. It is just more proof of "The less you do the more the liberals want to give you"! They so enjoy giving away other people's money!

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » February 15, 2015, 3:32 am

Ha ha. Sadly that's how I see the Republicans now too. They shouldn't be that way. They in effect subsidize Wall Street, big corporates including large agriculture corporations, the medical profession, medical insurers, big pharma corporations, won't close unnecessary US military facilities etc etc etc. They represent the 1%. These are the worst people to help - they don't need it and their political influence means it's difficult to get rid of these subsidies.

Politics and policy debates in the US now seem to be rarely based around evidence. It's too often ideology and this suggests the US is in big trouble. It's so bad that the American political system appears to be breaking. This is evident in the Obamacare debate.

It's not a serious option just to repeal Obamacare? Responsible politicians would need to argue that the replacement policy is better and try to base that on some analysis and evidence.

Jsell50
udonmap.com

Post by Jsell50 » February 15, 2015, 9:12 am

My problem with America today is the people affecting the outcome of most of the elections will never put anything into the system. For my money, "No work, no eat!". Anyone who is unwilling, and I said "Unwilling", not "Unable", to put anything into the country should not have any voice in how it is run and what programs/freebies should be given to them. As long as the big companies, and the wealthy and middle class are paying the bills for almost all the rest of America, yes, they should have the biggest voice. It is easy to demonize them, but the country would not exist without them.

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Post by Jing Jing » February 15, 2015, 11:27 am

Most people assume that the notorious 1%-ers, those elite billionaire barons of Wall Street, are all Republicans. But the truth is, in 2008 America’s super-rich abandoned the GOP and its candidate John McCain and overwhelmingly supported Democrat Barack Obama. Campaign donations from the five largest Wall Street banks exponentially favored the Democrat. That changed in 2012 when they switched back to the Republican Party and one of their own – Mitt Romney. But both times they were burned. Now, they long for the good old days of the Clinton and Bush administrations where they were given free reign to do almost anything they wanted.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 15, 2015, 12:19 pm

Jing Jing wrote:
Most people assume that the notorious 1%-ers, those elite billionaire barons of Wall Street, are all Republicans. But the truth is, in 2008 America’s super-rich abandoned the GOP and its candidate John McCain and overwhelmingly supported Democrat Barack Obama. Campaign donations from the five largest Wall Street banks exponentially favored the Democrat. That changed in 2012 when they switched back to the Republican Party and one of their own – Mitt Romney. But both times they were burned. Now, they long for the good old days of the Clinton and Bush administrations where they were given free reign to do almost anything they wanted.

JJ forget to include the link to his quote. Here it is - have a look if you are interested, they are blooody hilarious. :D

http://www.whiteoutpress.com/articles/2 ... -for-2016/

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » February 15, 2015, 12:43 pm

Jsell50 wrote:My problem with America today is the people affecting the outcome of most of the elections will never put anything into the system. For my money, "No work, no eat!". Anyone who is unwilling, and I said "Unwilling", not "Unable", to put anything into the country should not have any voice in how it is run and what programs/freebies should be given to them. As long as the big companies, and the wealthy and middle class are paying the bills for almost all the rest of America, yes, they should have the biggest voice. It is easy to demonize them, but the country would not exist without them.
I'm not sure if I follow this. On one reading it says let's abandon democracy and the stay at home mums, the retired, the unemployed, children, students, the incarcerated etc who don't work shouldn't vote or should have a vote worth less than those who work. Even if those working are in heavily subsidized industries such as agriculture or banking. That seems a step back to feudalism. Not my cup of tea but it may have been popular with European aristocrats hundreds of years ago.

The US campaign contribution laws courtesy of the US Supreme Court seem to promote this result even without stripping the vote from Mitt's 47%. Is the same Court soon going to whack Obamacare given the huge boost it's given to health coverage in the US? The court itself is now on trial in a case that seems only to involve well established statutory interpretation principles.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 15, 2015, 1:17 pm

GT93 wrote:
Jsell50 wrote:My problem with America today is the people affecting the outcome of most of the elections will never put anything into the system. For my money, "No work, no eat!". Anyone who is unwilling, and I said "Unwilling", not "Unable", to put anything into the country should not have any voice in how it is run and what programs/freebies should be given to them. As long as the big companies, and the wealthy and middle class are paying the bills for almost all the rest of America, yes, they should have the biggest voice. It is easy to demonize them, but the country would not exist without them.
I'm not sure if I follow this. On one reading it says let's abandon democracy and the stay at home mums, the retired, the unemployed, children, students, the incarcerated etc who don't work shouldn't vote or should have a vote worth less than those who work. Even if those working are in heavily subsidized industries such as agriculture or banking. That seems a step back to feudalism. Not my cup of tea but it may have been popular with European aristocrats hundreds of years ago.

The US campaign contribution laws courtesy of the US Supreme Court seem to promote this result even without stripping the vote from Mitt's 47%. Is the same Court soon going to whack Obamacare given the huge boost it's given to health coverage in the US? The court itself is now on trial in a case that seems only to involve well established statutory interpretation principles.
All sounds familiar.......if you're educated you get one vote, if not, you get a partial vote. Oops, sorry.....that was what Bangkok’s middle class and wealthy elite were proposing before the coup. Looks like they got even more than they were asking for.......now no one in the country gets a vote.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » February 15, 2015, 1:49 pm

All sounds familiar.......if you're educated you get one vote, if not, you get a partial vote. Oops, sorry.....that was what Bangkok’s middle class and wealthy elite were proposing before the coup. Looks like they got even more than they were asking for.......now no one in the country gets a vote.

Well put

Return to “Open Forum”