Age to claim government pension extended

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
harmonyudon
udonmap.com

Post by harmonyudon » December 11, 2012, 9:42 am

The Dutch pension system was the best in the world for many years. Now its the Danish.
See http://www.mercer.com/press-releases/1484965

AGE TO CLAIM GOVERNMENT PENSION:
A fact is that the age to claim the Dutch Government pension will be extended as per Jan 2013.
It was for everyone 65, now its depending on your date of birth.
See table : http://www.pensioendigitaal.nl/aow_leeftijd.php

Question to non Dutch: at what age can you claim your Government pension and/or
is your Government planning to extend the age?

Don't be a loser, don't comment on others if u haven't achieved a thing.
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.

pmc
udonmap.com

Post by pmc » December 11, 2012, 10:06 am

the current aus system in 65 years , talking about extending to 67 years and beyond.
as the baby boomers will be retiring not enough cash to handout . workers born pre 1960
pensions are in writing, post 1960 who knows. thats why the super scheme was started up
25 years ago so hopefully people would have enough money to retire on, without help from
the government coffers, which they wont have anyway.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » December 11, 2012, 10:19 am

Question to non Dutch: at what age can you claim your Government pension and/or
is your Government planning to extend the age?
The current Australian Government is so dysfunctional they couldn't decide what to have for lunch let alone redefining a pension scheme! Still trying to get over the Carbon Tax debacle.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » December 11, 2012, 10:26 am

In Canada they have extended the retirement age as well, I am 58 now and will qualify for retirement at 65 as before but younger people will have to wait until 67 I believe.

harmonyudon
udonmap.com

Post by harmonyudon » December 11, 2012, 10:59 am

For those who are now in TH or elsewhere and have early retirement (private pension scheme) and hope that you will get your Government pension at the age of 65....., you can be f***** up for 2 or more years especially when you did expect that you will also be depending on that government pension as from your 65 years of age.

For the young Dutch yuppies it can be extended till the age of 70 (5 years longer) :-"

pmc
udonmap.com

Post by pmc » December 11, 2012, 11:35 am

quite correct ban dung, miles apart from the labour government of the eighties
at least they had some sought of vision for the country , unlike these *******.
intent on a budget surplus at any cost.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 11, 2012, 12:16 pm

The staggered increase in the government pension age in Australia has already been legislated, commencing in 2017, and finalising in 2023 - when the pension age will become 67.

The provisions will also align the pension age for women (presently 60) with men (currently 65).

All set out in the May 2009 federal budget.

It's all here: http://www.humanservices.gov.au/custome ... ge-pension

In the interests of more facts, and less rhetoric.

harmonyudon
udonmap.com

Post by harmonyudon » December 11, 2012, 12:21 pm

How old are you Jack?? :D

Glad to see you are interested in pensions :D

What is this jack?
Residence requirements

To lodge an Age Pension claim, you must be an Australian resident and in Australia on the day that you lodge your claim

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » December 11, 2012, 12:48 pm

Exactly what it says George, you can't lodge a claim from outside of Australia and you must have Australian Residency. I was Born in 56 so can't make a claim until 66 1/2, and then only a part pension because I've spent the last 20 years putting extra into my Super Account, If I'd sat on my arse all my life and contributed nothing to the Community I'd be eligible for the Full Pension :roll:

harmonyudon
udonmap.com

Post by harmonyudon » December 11, 2012, 12:56 pm

Aardvark wrote:Exactly what it says George, you can't lodge a claim from outside of Australia and you must have Australian Residency. I was Born in 56 so can't make a claim until 66 1/2, and then only a part pension because I've spent the last 20 years putting extra into my Super Account, If I'd sat on my arse all my life and contributed nothing to the Community I'd be eligible for the Full Pension :roll:
So Aussies abroad can NOT claim government pension?? This is really ******************** .....

How about if you are entitled to Government pension as AUS citizen and afterwords
you decide to live in Udon or Bandung? You will loose this pension?

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » December 11, 2012, 12:57 pm

The UK is going through two transitions with regard to the Government or State Pension Age (SPA):
  • 1. The equalisation of the SPA for Men and Women to 65 (originally the retirement age for Women was 60, this is being “levelled” up for Women to what was previously the retirement age for Men at 65).

2. In addition to the equalisation of the SPA for Men and Women, the Government in its infinite wisdom (or near bankruptcy) then decided to make increases in the SPA for both Men and Women from 65 to 68.

I’ve incorporated the latest proposals (which have not yet been finalised) in the following figures, those which I understand to now be fixed are in bold.

UK State Pension Age (SPA) for Men
  • • Men born before 6 December 1953 retain their SPA of 65.

• Men born on or after 6 December 1953 but before 6 October 1954 will have an SPA between 65 and 66.

• Men born on or after 6 October 1954 but before 6 April 1960 will have an SPA of 66.

• Men born on or after 6 April 1960 but before 6 April 1961 will have an SPA between 66 and 67.

• Men born on or after 6 April 1961 will have an SPA of 67 or higher.

• It is planned that the SPA will rise to 68 but details are not yet available.
UK State Pension Age (SPA) for Women
  • • Women born before 6 April 1950 retain their SPA of 60.

• Women born on or after 6 April 1950 but before 6 December 1953 will have an SPA between 60 and 65.

• Women born on or after 6 December 1953 but before 6 October 1954 will have an SPA between 65 and 66.

• Women born on or after 6 October 1954 but before 6 April 1960 will have an SPA of 66.

• Women born on or after 6 April 1960 but before 6 April 1961 will have an SPA between 66 and 67.

• Women born on or after 6 April 1961 will have an SPA of 67 or higher.

• It is planned that the SPA will rise to 68 but details are not yet available.
Source: http://www.pensionsadvisoryservice.org. ... calculator
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » December 11, 2012, 1:05 pm

harmonyudon wrote:
Aardvark wrote:Exactly what it says George, you can't lodge a claim from outside of Australia and you must have Australian Residency. I was Born in 56 so can't make a claim until 66 1/2, and then only a part pension because I've spent the last 20 years putting extra into my Super Account, If I'd sat on my arse all my life and contributed nothing to the Community I'd be eligible for the Full Pension :roll:
So Aussies abroad can NOT claim government pension?? This is really ******************** .....

How about if you are entitled to Government pension as AUS citizen and afterwords
I have been told by an unreliable source that you must reside in Aus for 6 months of the year or they will cancel the Pension. I haven't looked into it yet cause it's still a fair way off ....

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 11, 2012, 1:05 pm

harmonyudon wrote: So Aussies abroad can NOT claim government pension?? This is really ******************** .....

All your questions are answered here, George.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/163 ... d-pension/

harmonyudon
udonmap.com

Post by harmonyudon » December 11, 2012, 1:15 pm

@Jack & @Aardvark,
The Aussie Government pension system S U C K S ..... i express this carefully :-" :-" :-"

Even when you are on paper registered as a citizen once you get out the country for holiday or
long stay elsewhere I can imagine that they register this also. And nowadays with the advanced
IT-systems its hard to fool them.

Philrjones
udonmap.com

Post by Philrjones » December 11, 2012, 2:14 pm

I can confirm that Immigration records are linked to Centrelink. Last two or three times I visited Centrelink, they knew when exactly I'd left Australia, and when I'd returned.

Lao-miner
udonmap.com

Post by Lao-miner » December 11, 2012, 3:51 pm

Great news from centre link guys

>
> LATEST NEWS
>
> نور اگر رفت سايه پيدا نيست نقش ديوار و چشم خيره ما نقش سايه دگر نمي
> دان نور اگر رفت سايه. ر رفت سايه پيدا نيست نقش ديوار و چشم خيره ما نقش
> سايه دگر نمي دان نور اگر رفت سايه پيدا نيست نقش ديوار و چشم خيره ما
>
>
>
>
>
> If I hear anything else, I'll let you know.......... Just jokin, seems the aussies are making it harder and harder for the people who have spent a lifetime working and making it easy for those who dont want to......IMHO

harmonyudon
udonmap.com

Post by harmonyudon » December 11, 2012, 3:53 pm

Philrjones wrote:I can confirm that Immigration records are linked to Centrelink. Last two or three times I visited Centrelink, they knew when exactly I'd left Australia, and when I'd returned.
Such kind of pictures are used by pensionfunds or pension advisers in NL on their brochures or on internet.
It says : retired....enjoy

For Aussie's its then: forget it or save a LOT of money in your active life and stay in your own country.
Attachments
pensioen.jpg

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 11, 2012, 4:05 pm

harmonyudon wrote:
For Aussie's its then: forget it or save a LOT of money in your active life and stay in your own country.
Nope.

Read my earlier link.

harmonyudon
udonmap.com

Post by harmonyudon » December 11, 2012, 4:44 pm

jackspratt wrote: Nope.
Read my earlier link.
Ok, Jack, im curious now, you tell me. Do you get your government pension from AUS?

Some posts of ThaiVisa:
Sorry to be the bearer of Bad News, my wife and I are both australian old age pensioners, we were leaving australia on the 21st of september last year on a 6 month tour of asia and europe, we were informed by immigration at Brisbane if we stayed out of australia for more than 13 weeks we would both lose our age pension and have to wait a further 3 months before being eligable to apply again,so we cut short our trip and returned after 12 weeks,when we returned on the 3rd of december we contacted a solicitor to check up on this new regulation, uptil now all we are getting is conflicting informationas soon as we hear something definite in writing we will post it here Nignoy
I just got off the phone with my mate who is back in Oz at the moment but lives most of the year in Thailand. He is on the old age pension and he tells me that the amount of money per fortnight will not change when you leave the country. However after a couple of weeks your health care card is cancelled and your pharmacuetical benefits are all cancelled. If you are living outside of Oz for more than 12 months centrelink may deem your house in Oz as not your primary place of residence and deem it to be available for rent at a certain amount. This amount will then be deducted from your age pension payments.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » December 11, 2012, 6:41 pm

Having read a lot of the Thaivisa link (32 pages!), makes me glad to be British for once. And i have given up any hope of getting any pension from Australia - wasn't there long enough. But seems Aussies can get bashed for 32.5% tax on all income, reduced pension if married to a younger woman, a deduction for the rental value of any home in Australia and possibly denied a pension because they were living abroad when they qualified; and other potential reductions - all just because they are not living in Australia. Now i understand why you don't see many retired Aussies here!

Return to “Open Forum”