Brilliant Trilogies

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Brilliant Trilogies

Post by jackspratt » November 17, 2010, 9:48 pm

About once every decade we are blessed with a trilogy of brilliant films.

In the 90s we had the French/Polish Three Colours or Trois Couleurs movies from Krzysztof Kieślowski.

The 00s saw the Lord of the Rings and Peter Jackson.

I have just finished watching what may be the (very early) contribution for the 10s - the thrilling and absorbing Millennium Trilogy, based on the books of the Swedish writer Stieg Larsson. If you can download the films - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest, do yourself a favour, and watch them. =D>

Alternatively, if you can't handle subtitles, you may wish to wait (and probably be disappointed) in the upcoming Hollywood adaption of the three movies. :roll:

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Re: Brilliant Trilogies

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 17, 2010, 10:49 pm

Read The Malayan Trilogy by, I think, Anthony Burgess. They are brilliant, and a great laugh at times too.

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » November 18, 2010, 12:18 am

I agree with you Jack ,they are good books and the films were good as well ,without the Hollywood touch. The last two films I saw on the way to Thailand with EVA air.I found that after a short while you don't know you are reading the speach. Also now into the Swedish Wallander cop series that good too.

jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » November 18, 2010, 1:38 pm

Watched "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo". Excellent film! In the process of downloading the other two.
I found that after a short while you don't know you are reading the speech.
Yes, I agree. Usually, I don't like subtitles.
Alternatively, if you can't handle subtitles, you may wish to wait (and probably be disappointed) in the upcoming Hollywood adaption of the three movies. :roll:
The only American director/writer that I could think of, that could do the books/films justice is David Lynch:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000186/

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 18, 2010, 2:45 pm

I reckon Martin Scorcese could do a reasonable job, based on his The Departed, which was an adaption of the Hong Kong movie, Infernal Affairs.

The Hollywood version (initially only The Girl with the Dragon tattoo) will be directed by David Fincher (a pretty good director himself, whose most recent release, The Social Network, is receiving very good reviews), and star Daniel Craig (James Bond) with Rooney Mara (who :shock: ). :D

Apparently being filmed in Sweden as I type.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » November 18, 2010, 5:19 pm

Jack

Im sorry, but living in the backwaters of BD, u seemed to have missed the classics

Holy Grail
Life of Brian
Meaning of Life

LOL

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 18, 2010, 5:26 pm

I am not sure the three you mention meet the definition of "trilogy", wazz.

I was never a great fan of the Python films - enjoyed the TV series though. Perhaps the flicks were a little cerebral for me. :D

Return to “Open Forum”