ChatGPT

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
jackspratt
udonmap.com

ChatGPT

Post by jackspratt » January 30, 2023, 7:27 pm

This advance in AI (artificial intelligence) has just been surfacing, but I predict will have huge impacts in the coming years.

This segment on Media Watch from Australia takes a shallow dive into its potential impact on the media:

https://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/episo ... /101906496

One quote from the segment that stuck me as apropos UM Forum (and probably many others) is:

[quote ChatGPT's weaknesses include a lack of common sense, context-specific knowledge, and a tendency to generate nonsensical or biased responses.
[/quote]

Any thoughts?

ps if you are interested in taking a look at ChatGPT, fill ya' boots https://chat.openai.com/auth/login

Earnest
udonmap.com

Re: ChatGPT

Post by Earnest » January 30, 2023, 7:53 pm

It implies that Twitter accounts and posts might be written by AI rather than people in years ahead. Interesting ABC point on Nazism and human input into AI.

What's the risk of losing the facts in news when utilising AI?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » January 30, 2023, 8:06 pm

Good find Jack. One of my colleuges from Spain was talking about it last week, suggesting all the school kids are using it for their assignments and its causing the schools some issues as generally they are getting top grades for it!

I did a search for 'What is Udon Map' and got the following response. Maybe UM has not hit the word stage yet! 8-[
Udon Map is a term that may refer to a map or a navigation system used in Japan to find Udon restaurants or shops that sell Udon noodles. It could also be a specific website or app that provides information on Udon restaurants and shops in a specific area, helping people to find the best places to eat Udon.

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » February 1, 2023, 11:46 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn-XK0rywTT ... JmNzVkMjY=

Creepy AI photos. Just do a quick finger count and you may feel the same. 555

My daughter is using ChatGPT to help write some real estate flyer stuff and when she wants an alternative to Google. Interesting and inevitable for sure.

This mix with ChatGPT and Wolfram Alpha is quite interesting too:

I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 2, 2023, 8:38 am

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/01/28/tech ... index.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/12/tech ... chers.html

You can go the Chuck McGill route (Better Call Saul) and wear a foil hat, or you can embrace the changes and take advantage of them. Up to you

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 5, 2023, 1:05 am

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 8, 2023, 9:03 am

Rishi Sunak has secured the nod from sleepy Joe to host a global AI conference in the UK later this year. He argued that the UK is uniquely qualified to lead the debate on artificial intelligence.

Based solely on the slow-motion train wreck that is the UK's governing party, you honestly can't argue with that.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 8, 2023, 9:22 am

Reminds me of one of my favorite books written by Robert Heinlein decades ago 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress'.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » June 8, 2023, 9:40 am

I do use search engines quite a bit and am always amazed at how they can quickly sort through millions of pieces of information to find what I am looking for. I have no idea of how they work and really don't care enough to try to understand.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 8, 2023, 1:55 pm

spiders and SEO
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » July 22, 2023, 2:21 pm

I thought this was interesting. Marc Andreessen is the co-author of Mosaic and Netscape. Clever fella.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3EWIFU ... b744244829

This discussion is not just about AI and ChatGPT. Much more in this dialogue.

Here is another interview on Lex Fridman's YouTube channel:

I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » July 23, 2023, 11:26 am

This thing is so far beyond me that I pay little attention to it. It scares me that there is or will be no privacy left. Fortunately I have nothing to hide, BUT, I resent everyone knowing everything about me. Spam is bad enough already and this will be a marketers dream. It appears that we will be subjected to even more SPAM.

Potamoi
udonmap.com

Post by Potamoi » July 23, 2023, 11:30 am

glalt wrote:
July 23, 2023, 11:26 am
This thing is so far beyond me that I pay little attention to it. It scares me that there is or will be no privacy left. Fortunately I have nothing to hide, BUT, I resent everyone knowing everything about me.
I hear ya. Just having a phone and using Google is already giving them too much which is the real scary part. Use Facebook and might as well leave the keys under the front doormat. 555.
Benjamin Franklin

msa
udonmap.com

Post by msa » July 24, 2023, 1:10 am

glalt wrote:
……
Fortunately I have nothing to hide, BUT, I resent everyone knowing everything about me. …..
Then I have good news for you. ChatGPT is very cunning in making up stuff to make you look more interesting.
Don’t worry about tomorrow. Today is terrifying enough.
I never forget a face, but in your case I can do an exception.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 24, 2023, 8:29 am

msa wrote:
July 24, 2023, 1:10 am
glalt wrote:
……
Fortunately I have nothing to hide, BUT, I resent everyone knowing everything about me. …..
Then I have good news for you. ChatGPT is very cunning in making up stuff to make you look more interesting.
Totally agree. In fact only yesterday I used it to that end at Chris's.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 3, 2023, 2:33 am

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Return to “Open Forum”