Dog Microchip

Services for your special animal can be discussed in this topic: grooming, walking, selling, storing, and suchlike.
Chriss
udonmap.com

Dog Microchip

Post by Chriss » September 14, 2021, 2:54 pm

Does anyone know a vet in Udon who can microchip our 2 puppies. Forgot to ask when we had them vaccinated. The wife is supposed to call the vet this afternoon but they never mentioned or offered microchipping which makes me think they don't. Thanks.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: Dog Microchip

Post by Doodoo » September 14, 2021, 3:30 pm

https://www.facebook.com/vincithai/
Here is a start
One problem I would foresee is that not too many Vets shops would have the device to read the chips in Thailand

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 14, 2021, 3:31 pm

Just thought a Tattoo might be better say a phone number

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 14, 2021, 8:59 pm

Stumbled across this advert in an alternative on line publication. Admittedly it’s a couple of years old but a call asking which vets in the area have & use the equipment wouldn’t be too onerous

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 14, 2021, 9:57 pm

or a collar with a tag with your name, e-mail and phone number?
Dave

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » September 15, 2021, 8:03 am

Niggly wrote:
September 14, 2021, 8:59 pm
Stumbled across this advert in an alternative on line publication. Admittedly it’s a couple of years old but a call asking which vets in the area have & use the equipment wouldn’t be too onerous

Thanks for the reply, pretty sure these are electronic cards and collar tags. Our dogs are 5 months old and still in the chewing stage, we’ve been through a few collars already….

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » September 15, 2021, 8:05 am

Doodoo wrote:
September 14, 2021, 3:30 pm
https://www.facebook.com/vincithai/
Here is a start
One problem I would foresee is that not too many Vets shops would have the device to read the chips in Thailand
That was my thought also… After searching online I wondering if chipping isn’t really an option.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 15, 2021, 11:19 am

Chriss wrote:
September 15, 2021, 8:03 am

Thanks for the reply, pretty sure these are electronic cards and collar tags. Our dogs are 5 months old and still in the chewing stage, we’ve been through a few collars already….
Funny you should say this, I found a later advert earlier for these people & it looks like a QR Code hanging on a collar so was going to post an update. ☺️

Maybe a call to ask would still be appropriate but don’t hold your breath
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 15, 2021, 4:38 pm

I remember when they were4 in vogue at the beginning in the UK, Most Major Police stations in TVP in any event were issued with a reader as a just in case scenario. Chipping a dog in no bloody use if no-one outside has a reader.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 16, 2021, 7:41 am

the government did propose a couple of years ago to implement a mandatory pet chipping/registration program. I think the proposal was to cost 400 baht per animal.. Just the hint of the program had people threatening to dump all their pets at the nearest Temple... Needless to say, it went nowhere..
Dave

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » September 16, 2021, 11:56 am

My wife has spoken with 2 vets and 2 puppy sellers, don't trust the latter but worth a try, chipping it seems is a no go, none of them knew anywhere that even held a reader.... one of the vets suggested asking the police. The wife will ask but no breath holding here.
Thank you all.

richardlg
udonmap.com

Post by richardlg » September 30, 2021, 10:59 am

Not sure if you're still looking for vets but both my dogs are chipped. First one was done at AEC, opposite Big C Na dee.
Second one, and considerably cheaper, was Si Nakhon Vet, 40 Posri Rd,

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » October 1, 2021, 10:11 am

richardlg wrote:
September 30, 2021, 10:59 am
Not sure if you're still looking for vets but both my dogs are chipped. First one was done at AEC, opposite Big C Na dee.
Second one, and considerably cheaper, was Si Nakhon Vet, 40 Posri Rd,
Thanks for the info. Was there a drastic difference between costs. Also, as mentioned above, do you have any idea of the numbers of chip readers in Udon, is it worth having them implanted.

richardlg
udonmap.com

Post by richardlg » October 2, 2021, 4:34 pm

Sorry but Thais are not big on receipts and l can't recall the costs other than one was more expensive.
Both dogs are Jack Russell's and l recall AEC charged about 1,500 bht, and that was in Feb 2020.
Si Nakhon Vet was only about 400 bht and that was about 15 months ago. I've only taken my JRs to those two vets and they both have chip readers for sure. Vince at Udon Boarding Kennels also has one.
I just rang the lady at Si Nakhon Vet because the difference seemed bigger than l recall. She said 400 is correct and another 100 if you want a certificate mailed out.
Looking now l can see both my dogs are on different chip registers. Si Nakhon use Thai Pet ID in Tehan Rd.
AEC use PETtrac Thai. Not sure where that one is but someone has posted a brochure in this thread.
If you want phone numbers maybe PM me.

Return to “Pet Services”