Cremation

Services for your special animal can be discussed in this topic: grooming, walking, selling, storing, and suchlike.
tamada
udonmap.com

Cremation

Post by tamada » December 13, 2020, 7:01 pm

Any doting Udon pet lovers had success in getting their dear departed pet cremated locally? Our shih tzu dog passed while we lived in Pattaya and there was a pet crematorium north towards Laem Chabang that did the honors. Jack now resides in a small blue vase on our book case. I think his partner will probably pass this coming year and I think it would be nice to have her end up in a little urn as well.

Ta
tam

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Cremation

Post by Whistler » December 13, 2020, 7:22 pm

Tam,

By beloved boxer dog Bree, who was my companion for more than a decade is in my old back yard. I bought a beautiful flowering shrub that was planted above her resting place. Very happy with that choice.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » December 13, 2020, 8:42 pm

https://www.facebook.com/petcremate/
Serving Udon/Sakhon Nakhon.
You could call AEC Clinic near the airport for other possibilities. The man there speaks excellent English.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 10, 2022, 9:34 am

Sad to bump this one.

A pick-up truck has just taken the life of Jack's partner. She was old and like the pick-up driver, partially blind but someone left the bloody gate open.

I will share the Facebook link from parrot with Mrs tam to see if Bella can be cremated locally. Burying on our plot is not an option. Too many feral things to dig her up.

Love your dogs and look after them.

RIP
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » March 10, 2022, 10:05 am

We’ve buried 4 dogs on our land, the last 4 years ago, when we asked the vet about cremation the first and subsequent times we were told there is nothing local for pets and the body would be burnt along with other animals. We have all 4 side by side and as with Mr Whistler have flowering shrubs over each and a small plaque on the wall.

We were told when we bury the animal fill in to cover the body then place a layer of brick or builders stone in the grave before final filling in. We’ve done this each time and they’ve never been touched.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 10, 2022, 10:55 am

Chriss wrote:
March 10, 2022, 10:05 am
We’ve buried 4 dogs on our land, the last 4 years ago, when we asked the vet about cremation the first and subsequent times we were told there is nothing local for pets and the body would be burnt along with other animals. We have all 4 side by side and as with Mr Whistler have flowering shrubs over each and a small plaque on the wall.

We were told when we bury the animal fill in to cover the body then place a layer of brick or builders stone in the grave before final filling in. We’ve done this each time and they’ve never been touched.
The FB people haven't picked up the phone and Mrs tam just chatted with the local vet who confirmed that the local authorities will do a general incineration along with road kill and whatever but you won't get anything to stick in a vase on the mantelpiece.

Good tips on the doggie interment Chriss, thanks. That will be Plan B. Bella is currently bagged in the bottom of my freezer.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » March 10, 2022, 1:54 pm

Sorry for your loss Tam. Like losing a human family member.
We have 5 buried at the bottom of our land all with paving slabs placed over the bodies before filling back in. No disturbances yet from anything but the ants as yet. Each has a nice flowering bush on top as a permanent reminder. The other option is if you can find a wee bit of land is a DIY cremation. At least then you know its Bella's ash's.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 10, 2022, 8:39 pm

No matter how much we think we love our dogs, they always loved us more.

There is a legend, I think with Hindu origins. When we die we have to pass over a rickety rope bridge to reach our heaven. At the other end of the bridge sits all of your pets you had in your lifetime, it is they that decide if you cross.

One day I hope to see Buddha, Barney, Cleo, Serge, Nessie, Bree and my old friend Harpur who will be the boss of them all.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

marcus1
udonmap.com

Post by marcus1 » March 11, 2022, 12:28 am

What a great post Whistler...
Our animals love us much more than anyone can ever know....!!!
I myself and my girl have a heart for any animal that needs a home no matter what the cost..!!!
Nice thought that we will see them at the end of bridge..
Same as you I hope to see Nikki, Ugly, Stinky, Fatty, B1 and B2, Skinny and Turbo.( All Rescued from the streets).
Animals give so much love, more so than people...!!!
Sad really in a lot of respects....!!!
YKICAMOOCOW

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » March 11, 2022, 12:56 am

I absolutely agree. The unquestioning love , trust and affection that dogs give is humbling.
They give us so much and only seem to want so very little.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 11, 2022, 6:39 am

Whistler wrote:
March 10, 2022, 8:39 pm
No matter how much we think we love our dogs, they always loved us more.

There is a legend, I think with Hindu origins. When we die we have to pass over a rickety rope bridge to reach our heaven. At the other end of the bridge sits all of your pets you had in your lifetime, it is they that decide if you cross.

One day I hope to see Buddha, Barney, Cleo, Serge, Nessie, Bree and my old friend Harpur who will be the boss of them all.
marcus1 wrote:
March 11, 2022, 12:28 am
What a great post Whistler...
Our animals love us much more than anyone can ever know....!!!
I myself and my girl have a heart for any animal that needs a home no matter what the cost..!!!
Nice thought that we will see them at the end of bridge..
Same as you I hope to see Nikki, Ugly, Stinky, Fatty, B1 and B2, Skinny and Turbo.( All Rescued from the streets).
Animals give so much love, more so than people...!!!
Sad really in a lot of respects....!!!
Good posts guys oh so true =D> =D> =D>
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 11, 2022, 6:58 am

AlexO wrote:
March 10, 2022, 1:54 pm
Sorry for your loss Tam. Like losing a human family member.
We have 5 buried at the bottom of our land all with paving slabs placed over the bodies before filling back in. No disturbances yet from anything but the ants as yet. Each has a nice flowering bush on top as a permanent reminder. The other option is if you can find a wee bit of land is a DIY cremation. At least then you know its Bella's ash's.
Thanks Alex. Having borne twa strappin chiels, I guess Bella was the daughter that Mrs tam and I never had. I have eyeballed a spot in the sun beside the wall near our water pump where bro-in-law used to coral his prized fighting chooks.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 11, 2022, 7:41 am

Sorry for your loss whistler.

"The more i learn about the human beeing,the more i love my dog"

//Alfie

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » March 11, 2022, 6:04 pm

I found a dead cat out by my tractor shed after following the pong..The missus told me to hiff it over the road in the rice land, but on route a monk at the adjoining cremation place spotted me and indicated to chuck the feline in his wee barrow..he took it away. Later the missus asked him if he buried it in his garden for mulch, but no he said, can only cremate, not bury as is the Buddhist way no doubt..Anyhoo, perhaps the monks will take care of your deceased animals..

Return to “Pet Services”