Where to adopt a dog?

Services for your special animal can be discussed in this topic: grooming, walking, selling, storing, and suchlike.
rickt2k

Where to adopt a dog?

Post by rickt2k » January 19, 2019, 8:51 am

Hi everyone. Newbie here :D We have just moved over from Chiang Mai. Quaint little town, Udon Thani.

I'm looking to adopt a dog. Does anyone know a good dog shelter they can recommend, something like a SPCA or PAWS if they have an organisation like those over here? I searched online but can't really find anything.

I would rather avoid pet shops or dog farms if I can. I'm sort of also hoping that, maybe on one of my morning jogs, I'll just chance across a stray but friendly little pup or two looking for a good home. But until that happens, can anyone point me towards the right direction?

Have a good weekend people. Cheers!

Have a nice day :-)

deankham
udonmap.com

Re: Where to adopt a dog?

Post by deankham » January 20, 2019, 6:16 am

Call into your local temple. Seems normal practice to dump any unwanted dogs there. The 'temple dog's also seem to have puppies regularly.

Good luck.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » January 20, 2019, 9:30 am

Were i lived before the Wat had many dogs,when iasked my Vet when he did his housecall to checkup on my two dogs i asked:-Do you go to the Wat and give their dogs any injections like rabies...Answer:--No,you're the only one..
So be careful getting a Temple dog,my advice only.

Goodluck and good on you to look for adopting a dog or two..:-)

rickt2k

Post by rickt2k » January 20, 2019, 1:53 pm

Tis' Sunday!

Okay, I took some time to get to know the town a bit better i.e. drove around aimlessly a bit. I dropped by a "Dog Hotel" by the airport. Friendly owner but she don't really have a place to recommend where I can adopt a dog.

I might try the temple option. No luck finding a pound or shelter so far.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 20, 2019, 2:34 pm

The word that is used for Dog Pound/Dog Shelter in Udon is "SOI". You can usually find one or more of these SOI dogs in or around any distbin that has not had the lid firmly locked and Superglued shut :evil:

Given that you say you have been driving round Udon recently. I'm sure you must have encountered numerous SOI dogs lying down in the middle of the road waiting to be run over (proof positive that Thai dogs do not possess even a single brain cell).

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » January 20, 2019, 2:38 pm

Kham Kling temple , on the road to Sri Thani golf forest have a couple of labrador type puppies about 4 months old , so she who must be obeyed told me this morning . I was there a couple of weeks ago , and the dogs there look well cared for .
Easy enough to take one straight to a vets for a check up and shots ect . About 1000 baht or less .
I would be very , very interested to know where the dog hotel is.
Is it the place that breeds Malamutes , and has the play area and doggie pool ?

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » January 21, 2019, 6:11 am

saint wrote:
January 20, 2019, 2:38 pm
Kham Kling temple , on the road to Sri Thani golf forest have a couple of labrador type puppies about 4 months old , so she who must be obeyed told me this morning . I was there a couple of weeks ago , and the dogs there look well cared for .
Easy enough to take one straight to a vets for a check up and shots ect . About 1000 baht or less .
I would be very , very interested to know where the dog hotel is.
Is it the place that breeds Malamutes , and has the play area and doggie pool ?
I expect the dog hotel is the vet just past the roundabout heading to the airport. I used them in the past but wouldn't again! Personally I think it's admiral to take in a stray and give it a good life but my choice for man's best friend is one where I can see the parents and their nature's and have the chance to train from day one. I had dogs in the past from the dog home some proved wonderful others were returned very quickly!

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » January 21, 2019, 5:01 pm

rickt2k wrote:
January 19, 2019, 8:51 am
Hi everyone. Newbie here :D We have just moved over from Chiang Mai. Quaint little town, Udon Thani.

I'm looking to adopt a dog. Does anyone know a good dog shelter they can recommend, something like a SPCA or PAWS if they have an organisation like those over here? I searched online but can't really find anything.

I would rather avoid pet shops or dog farms if I can. I'm sort of also hoping that, maybe on one of my morning jogs, I'll just chance across a stray but friendly little pup or two looking for a good home. But until that happens, can anyone point me towards the right direction?

Have a good weekend people. Cheers!
I still have 5 pups which are now 9 months old 4 girls 1 boy.
I advertised them on here free to a good home.
They have all had the full injections & 2 of the pups are sterilized.
The other 2 girls will be done in the next 2 weeks.
If you are interested you can come & see them.
They are all very healthy & friendly.
See earlier post.

post517516.html#p517516

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » January 21, 2019, 11:21 pm

That sounds good. Take 2 of those from pal52 and everyone wins.

Let us know how you get on.

rickt2k

Post by rickt2k » January 24, 2019, 6:11 am

Hello again everyone.

My wife's relatives dropped by all the way from Chiang Mai bringing with them a little pup since they heard we were looking for a dog. So, that sort of solved the issue for the moment. I said "sort of" because they brought a Chihuahua over when I had in mind a medium sized dog since it's going to be a member of the family. I have 2 growing kids at home, so a dog's always great to teach them about responsibilities. Makes a good buddy too :D

Pal25's look good. Maybe I'll get in touch once I'm more settled in (and the missus agrees that 2 dogs are better than one! Heh).

Thanks everyone for your replies.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » January 24, 2019, 10:16 am

rickt2k wrote:
January 24, 2019, 6:11 am
Hello again everyone.

My wife's relatives dropped by all the way from Chiang Mai bringing with them a little pup since they heard we were looking for a dog. So, that sort of solved the issue for the moment. I said "sort of" because they brought a Chihuahua over when I had in mind a medium sized dog since it's going to be a member of the family. I have 2 growing kids at home, so a dog's always great to teach them about responsibilities. Makes a good buddy too :D

Pal25's look good. Maybe I'll get in touch once I'm more settled in (and the missus agrees that 2 dogs are better than one! Heh).

Thanks everyone for your replies.
I thought you was looking for a dog , not lunch !! :lol: :lol:
Anyways , good luck with your new puppy . No idea how old your kids are , but there is no way they can have a rough and tumble with a Chihuahua , too small and fragile for that .
You need one of Pals soi dogs or if you want a good guard that the kids can man handle , Dunroamings rotties .

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » January 24, 2019, 7:33 pm

Thanks Saint yes our rotted are very playful and practically unbreakable. Saturday sees them get their first needles but already weaned, great nature's just like mum and dad but will grown up as loving family pets that protect very well. We have many snakes come on to the land but none leave alive! We also don't have any problems with visiting so I dogs they simply don't come anymore!!!

Tartempion
udonmap.com

Post by Tartempion » February 6, 2019, 3:38 am

I got one of pal25's dogs.
I had many many dogs in my life and Laura we got from pal25 is the most loving dog we ever had.
We already have a medium size dog and wen we lost our Shih Tzu we wanted a friend for the remaining dog.
She gets crazily happy every time she see one of us (family of 3)
I have one drawback with her: she is too big a girl, so much i need to lock her up in the morning when our 8 year old gets up until she leaves for school. I do hope she will calm down her enthusiasm one day getting adult....
Oh, and no one who stops by at the gate of our property will dare come close, Laura looks like a deadly girl...

Thus get one of the remaining pal25's dogs...

fogeyes
udonmap.com

Post by fogeyes » February 6, 2019, 6:42 am

592F7011-248F-4EC6-AF8C-134F12303A12.jpeg

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 6, 2019, 12:59 pm

Plenty at Anfield !!! :lol: :lol:

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » February 6, 2019, 7:01 pm

747man wrote:
February 6, 2019, 12:59 pm
Alan not everything is about football u really are a tit

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 6, 2019, 7:05 pm

dunroaming wrote:
February 6, 2019, 7:01 pm
747man wrote:
There is a PDSA ( Peoples Dispensary for Sick Animals ) where you can adopt a Dog,in Whitefield Road, ANFIELD !!!!

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » February 6, 2019, 7:48 pm

747man wrote:
February 6, 2019, 7:05 pm
dunroaming wrote:
747man wrote:
There is a PDSA ( Peoples Dispensary for Sick Animals ) where you can adopt a Dog,in Whitefield Road, ANFIELD !!!!
Yeah really works in Udon Thani case closed u really are a tit

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 6, 2019, 8:17 pm

dunroaming wrote:
February 6, 2019, 7:48 pm
747man wrote:
February 6, 2019, 7:05 pm
dunroaming wrote:
747man wrote:
Yeah really works in Udon Thani case closed u really are a tit
Ta Laaaaddd, I Really didn't think YOU Thought so HIGHLY Of Me.....

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » February 6, 2019, 8:21 pm

I don't I was being kind

Return to “Pet Services”