Animal SOS.

Services for your special animal can be discussed in this topic: grooming, walking, selling, storing, and suchlike.
richard-px1
udonmap.com

Animal SOS.

Post by richard-px1 » July 13, 2018, 7:10 am

Morning all.Not really sure if this should go in pet services or not.But its about animals, so.
In the ten years I 've lived in Thailand, my g/f and I have seemed to be a magnet for all sorts of abandon dogs ,cats and other animals.
Anyway,yesterday I was walking the few yards from our shop,adjacent to our house.In our garden,which is a building site at the moment,I spotted what I thought was a Leopard. On closer inspection I saw it was a cat.A very unusual cat,a Bengal. It was injured, seemed to have a injury to its mouth.It kept trying to stand.Walked around in small circles then fell over.
Anyay cleaned her up,tried to give water and food,no joy.
Took it to our Vets in Tha no,was told it was a Bengal wild jungle cat.Given various telphone numbers of Zoo and rescue centre's to call for help.we paid 2000baht for injections,left cat with vet over night.
All telphone numbers as usual in Thai, no one wants to help.
As I think this cat must be pretty in dangered it should be procted.
What I'm asking is ,do any of you know of any zoo's,rescue centres,or charities that might be able to help. (Kong Kia zoo,not interested ).
Thanks.
Attachments
LINE_P20180712_220555983.jpg

dick,p

samuel
udonmap.com

Re: Animal SOS.

Post by samuel » July 13, 2018, 7:43 am

you may call the soi dog foundation.
they also care for cats.
and maybe they can point you to the right office.

Soi Dog Foundation
167/9 Moo 4
Soi Mai Khao 10
Tambon Mai Khao
Amphur Thalang
Phuket 83110, Thailand

Phone: 076 681 029

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » July 13, 2018, 10:24 am

Richard, I like what you are doing, these are beautiful creatures. What about the zoo on the road to Khon Kaen, I will give you some cash to go towards the well being of the cat, share the load a bit, just call me, Rob 0840934089. (I live in Udon Thani, near Makro)

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 13, 2018, 11:34 am

The Vet at AEC Vet Clinic across from the Big C near the airport.......speaks excellent English. I'd like to think he can put you in touch with the right people to rescue the animal.
Good luck!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 13, 2018, 2:36 pm

Management office of Conservation, Udon
Management Office of the Conservation Area 10 Udon Thani
3 Google reviews
Government office in Udon Thani
Address : 79 Si Suk, Tambon Makkeng, Amphoe Mueang Udon Thani Chang Wat Udon Thani 41000
Hours :Open now ·
Thêm full hours
Phone : 042 221 725
Probably open only until 4 or 5 today, then closed weekends

richard-px1
udonmap.com

Post by richard-px1 » July 13, 2018, 2:52 pm

Thank you for the replies, and useful information.
After my g/f made numorous telephone calls,we were put in touch with the A.W.I. (Animal welfare organization ).After meeting them at the vets,they agreed to take the cat.They nurse it back to health,then release back into the wild at a special 8000 rai wild life park.A quick visit to Tha Bo police station to make a statement about how we came by it. (Having one carries a 20000baht fine and 3years in clink.
So all in all an excellent result. Thank you.
dick,p

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 13, 2018, 3:24 pm

richard-px1 wrote:
July 13, 2018, 2:52 pm
Thank you for the replies, and useful information.
After my g/f made numorous telephone calls,we were put in touch with the A.W.I. (Animal welfare organization ).After meeting them at the vets,they agreed to take the cat.They nurse it back to health,then release back into the wild at a special 8000 rai wild life park.A quick visit to Tha Bo police station to make a statement about how we came by it. (Having one carries a 20000baht fine and 3years in clink.
So all in all an excellent result. Thank you.
Great news! Good work to you and your wife!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 13, 2018, 4:25 pm

It looks like a leopard cat.....native to Thailand.

When we first built on our property, the area was devoid of birds and pretty much anything other than the occasional snake. Over the years, the animal population has built us......I've noted well over 20 types of birds on our property, white squirrels were building a nest in a Wassana plant today, white rump shama birds regularly nest on our property, the mongoose population seems to have grown, we get occasional wild ducks in a nearby pond. We used to have quite a population of moorhen in the area, but I haven't seen any this year.
I have a theory........20+ years ago, school kids have precious little to do when they weren't in school. They'd hunt any thing and everything. Today? They seem to be busy wrapped up in their smartphones. Chalk one up for technology!

richard-px1
udonmap.com

Post by richard-px1 » July 14, 2018, 11:05 am

Hi fellows.Thanks again for the replies. To reply to Sport I think it was,thank you for the offer of money for the upkeep of the cat.We did all we could for this cat,with no thought of how much it we cost.We did not put our post on here to get money.But very nice of you to offer.
Just to add an update.When we first took the cat to the vets,they were sacared of it.I think it was totally dehydrated, and may have been concussed. I lifted it from the carrier we had it in,and sat it on my lap,strocking it.I think it must have been about 2years old,but so very thin.
Well what a differents a night at the vets made.Yesterday when we met two guys from the AWO.Animal welfare organization at the vets.
Cats eyes were clear and focused.It had eaten and had water.As soon as I went near the cage she hissed and growled.Like a different cat.
The two guys from the AWO,wouldn't even touch her.They said they had seen baby ones before,but never one as big as her.
So thank you all again.Nice to know there are other animal lovers,around. (Well not Thai.they are a sad excuse for human beings)
dick,p

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » July 14, 2018, 11:17 am

Very good work indeed.sad to say 3 months ago my friends step son shot and killed one just like this one.i think it might of been a fishing cat but not sure.killed for fun by a youngster with a gun.cant say what I think about it as too much foul language for udmap.nice to read about some real humanity in Thailand.

Return to “Pet Services”